It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: Don't know if this has been posted, but iDevices have several free games now to celebrate App Store 5 year birthday.

This includes games like Tiny Wings, Infinity Blade II, Badlands and many more. If you wanted a game on an iDevice, search for it now and it may be one of the free celebratory games. Quite a lot other software is also part of this.

Not sure how long it is going to last, it started on the 8'th.

A list of top 10

http://www.knowyourapps.com/news/app-stores-5th-anniversary-sale-the-best-apps-and-games-to-have-gone-free/
So that's why all those apps were free, I was wondering what was going on xD Just wanted to add, dead space is also free atm
dyscode: snip

Possibly. If it wasn't for the email I might miss it completely. But then usualy I get the mail only a few hours into the start like 85+, cause I post them here quite a few times first.
BUt maybe it's just becasue my freelance workday feels like 32 hrs-shifts. ;D
HypersomniacLive: How I know the feeling ;D
Damnit I knew I wasn't imagining things. IGS HAS 72hours sales.
I just saw the latest communication from Screen 7. They say the Cat Lady will be on, next (in 3h45m) - for 72 hours.
:)
Post edited July 10, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Damnit I knew I wasn't imagining things. IGS HAS 72hours sales.
I just saw the latest communication from Screen 7. They say the Cat Lady will be on, next (in 3h45m) - for 72 hours.
So is the Cat Lady a must have?
misfire200: So is the Cat Lady a must have?
Yes.
Yeah, just read that myself.
I've never noticed any others before - of course that doesn't mean anything.
Odd though that I couldn't find anything on the IGS site about the 3 days deal being a regular thing.
dirtyharry50: Same thing again - if it is older I already have it. If it is newer, the price will be too high yet.

Not a bad place to be but I kind of miss the thrill of shopping the sales and getting crazy good deals. I still visit this thread daily but I'm not sure why really. It isn't like I'm in the market for anything really anymore. I guess the shopping party is kind of over for the foreseeable future.
I'm in the same boat. My backlog (mostly on steam, lesser so on GOG) is so long now I'll probably never play it - but I had a blast buying games when I first started gaming again. I hadn't played video games in probably 10 years when I joined Steam and then Gog, and those first sales were crazy. I was buying stuff almost everyday. Now I've bought about everything I could ever have time to get to, and I'm more reluctant to add to my backlog even if it's something I'm interested in.

I tend to enjoy the new shorter indie games now though - recently had great time w/ Waking Mars, Dynamite Jack, Cubemen, Spirits, etc - as they're easier to get into the titles that are deeper but require larger time commitment. I'm glad GOG is putting more indie games on the list - they seem to often have higher fun profile like old games used to have.

I'm starting into the Ur-Quan Masters now - (community remake of Star Control II) - one of my favorite games from way back when. I still have fun with it - but find it hard often in newer games to find as much fun so I'm a little more reluctant sometimes.
HypersomniacLive: Yeah, just read that myself.
Odd though that I couldn't find anything on the IGS site about the 3 days deal being a regular thing.
You couldn't find anything about it, because they never had a 3 day deal. It's always been 96h deals (4 days) since launch. It's also stated quite big on the main page, right column: "how it works: New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game." Not sure where those 72h came up, I even checked back all newsletters since last november, always 96h. :D
So I guess we can safely assume that Screen 7 also made the mistake as dyscode and The Cat Lady will actually go on a 96h sale. ;)
uqblf: So I guess we can safely assume that Screen 7 also made the mistake as dyscode and The Cat Lady will actually go on a 96h sale. ;)
They're just thinking in terms of working hours. 4 days = 72 working hours, or 100 during crunch.

(Edit, notworthanotherpost: The Cat Lady is a very nice pull for IGS, instabuy.)
Post edited July 11, 2013 by pen_sq
nijuu: Anyone else think the GG sales are pretty... dire atm?
ne_zavarj: Maybe GG is dying .
Well, they didn't win any friends when they removed the $1 Blue Coin option. Many people, myself included, used that to create amounts such as $18 or $26 worth. Now that's not possible, a lot of people probably aren't even going to bother buying games they would have done otherwise.

That and with the Steam sale starting (almost certainly) within the next 12 hours, others probably don't want to buy anything from any site other than Steam. So those 50% off, etc., sales of GamersGate's look even worse then they would at other times in the year.
Another terrible day of GG sales. Euro Truck Simulator 2 looked OK, despite having been that price twice before, but... what's that "Other DRM" it's saddled with?! No thanks!

$2.50 for Ravaged... does anyone play that any more? I suppose people must do, when they're taking a break from Brink. :P

And Torchlight 1. The one that was given away for free. Well, at least that helps us to predict tomorrow's offers! $3.74 Metro 2033, anyone?
Cat Lady is fantastic! But its not a game for weak nerves or guys under 16 years!
innerring: There's also this hidden adventure bundle for 9.99$

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Masters-10-Pack-Adventure-Download/dp/B00DP5VFX8?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Haunted
Lost Chronicles of Zerzuza
The Rockin' Dead
Black Mirror 3
Gray Matter
Black Mirror 2
Alter Ego
Mata Hari
Memento Mori
So Blonde
I actually bought this ~5 days ago... great bundle for the price for sure!
uqblf: You couldn't find anything about it, because they never had a 3 day deal. It's always been 96h deals (4 days) since launch. It's also stated quite big on the main page, right column: "how it works: New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game." Not sure where those 72h came up, I even checked back all newsletters since last november, always 96h. :D
So I guess we can safely assume that Screen 7 also made the mistake as dyscode and The Cat Lady will actually go on a 96h sale. ;)
I guess we can also safely put this topic to rest now :-)
uqblf: You couldn't find anything about it, because they never had a 3 day deal. It's always been 96h deals (4 days) since launch. It's also stated quite big on the main page, right column: "how it works: New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game." Not sure where those 72h came up, I even checked back all newsletters since last november, always 96h. :D
just checked the deal, so obviously Screen 7 made a mistake.
Which at least leave me the satifaction I am not the only desulsional ;)

Wanderlust: Rebirth is €2.49 on Desura
and Dominion 3 Awakening is £4.75, -75% og GG.uk
Attachments:
Post edited July 11, 2013 by dyscode
Bioshock Inifnite at 50% off bringing it down to $24 (with an extra 20% off coupon) http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=bioshock+infinite