It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dirtyharry50: I get my Feral games on The Mac App Store. There is no special activation on Feral titles there. It's just the same as purchasing any other game there. Aspyr games i prefer to get on Steam but I've gotten some on the App Store depending on what was available where and for what price on sale, etc.

That is interesting about BL2 on Parallels with the GPU. I have Parallels 8 myself but have shied away from trying newer titles with it. I should where I dislike rebooting so much. I'm already setup with my bootcamp Win7 install as a VM with Parallels so it simple enough to test anything in both places. I've got a Radeon 6970m in my system and can probably run a fair amount of newer games in a VM. I'm fine with anything that looks decent (does not need to be max) and can maintain a steady 30 FPS or better. The one exception would be any online shooter I'd rather just run full tilt with bootcamp. I don't spend much time on those anymore though.
pen_sq: Oh yeah, I did derp a bit about the MAS. Apple has the strictest digital store regarding many things, such as linking to the Dropbox website or using your own DRM scheme. On the plus side, Apple keeps it simple for the customers. On the minus, the MAS has been looking pretty stagnant, how much software could have been there with a little flexibility?

Enjoy Parallels while it's still here, MS seems more interested in killing VMs than improving graphics with the design of DirectX10+. I just keep Parallels in its own fullscreen Space, it's so easy to flip between a game bottled in there and the rest of my Mac apps. So much better than a native Fullscreen Mac app without the Lion fullscreen API (um, all of them?).
That's a good idea about running full screen in a space. I should try that.

While it is bound to lag behind as always, I think continuing Wine development will result in DX10 and 11 features down the road but of course by then there will be DX12, etc.

That's fine though. For me, Windows days are numbered and Windows games days are numbered too. I have a ton of Mac games now and once I've finished the backlog of Windows stuff I own I plan to go Mac or bust and console for the rest. I don't really like even having Windows on my system. I see it as a necessary evil to play stuff I already bought for the time being, most of it before I got a Mac over a year ago now.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by dirtyharry50
$15 or £10 for two games at GGG now. Choose from:

Dishonored
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
DOOM 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Rage
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Brink
PenguinJim: $15 or £10 for two games at GGG now. Choose from:

Dishonored
DOOM 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Rage
Some guy contacted me, but I guess(!) he isnt interested anymore, so I repeat:
If someone just wants one game and its not Dishonored: send me a mail/pm...
Greets!
Post edited June 24, 2013 by merow
dirtyharry50: That's a good idea about running full screen in a space. I should try that.

While it is bound to lag behind as always, I think continuing Wine development will result in DX10 and 11 features down the road but of course by then there will be DX12, etc.
In System Prefs/Keyboard/Keyboard Shortcuts, bind the Mission Control keys to move a Space left and right. I went with Opt-right to move left a space (and vice versa) to provide more of the Lion "natural scrolling" feel. Option up to go into Mission control itself feels good, too. You're now swapping around like a ninja!

I'm not so confident in future DX versions being caught up to. MS has taken a definite notice of the VM situation, with the change in the Vista license agreement. They don't want to be bottled up as a funny little compatibility layer that you LOAD "*",8,1 for older games. MS wants to own the whole hog, and they have always been brilliant at designing APIs both to frustrate compatibility and be sorta acceptable for native developers. On the bright side, Unity and Unreal have been winning at taming the mess, and have dropped the price of Mac (and Linux) ports substantially. The only business formula that truly matters is whether the price of porting is low enough to make a profit on game sales, and we're finally winning there. Long Live third-party toolkits!
check out reddit.com/r/gamedeals
sshamsi83: check out reddit.com/r/gamedeals
a little more info might be helpful, such as what specifically caught your eye?
and welcome :).
Post edited June 22, 2013 by chezybezy
sshamsi83: check out reddit.com/r/gamedeals
Quite a few people do check reddit, along with cheapassgamer and isthereanydeal. This thread is mostly for highlighting said deals for the people who don't check those places. Still, thank you for pointing us there, and as chezybezy said, if there was a specific deal that caught your eye, feel free to repost it here :)

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Dishonored
DOOM 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Rage
Brink
It appears Dishonored has been removed from this offer.
dirtyharry50: That's a good idea about running full screen in a space. I should try that.

pen_sq: In System Prefs/Keyboard/Keyboard Shortcuts, bind the Mission Control keys to move a Space left and right. I went with Opt-right to move left a space (and vice versa) to provide more of the Lion "natural scrolling" feel. Option up to go into Mission control itself feels good, too. You're now swapping around like a ninja!

I'm not so confident in future DX versions being caught up to. MS has taken a definite notice of the VM situation, with the change in the Vista license agreement. They don't want to be bottled up as a funny little compatibility layer that you LOAD "*",8,1 for older games. MS wants to own the whole hog, and they have always been brilliant at designing APIs both to frustrate compatibility and be sorta acceptable for native developers. On the bright side, Unity and Unreal have been winning at taming the mess, and have dropped the price of Mac (and Linux) ports substantially. The only business formula that truly matters is whether the price of porting is low enough to make a profit on game sales, and we're finally winning there. Long Live third-party toolkits!
Thanks. It is about time I learned to use Spaces. I added a couple, one for Parallels to start automatically in and another for game related web browsing, PDF manuals, etc. so I can easy switch around between these things. I haven't tried it yet but it will be awesome if I can with the press of a button flip between a PDF manual or guide and the game itself running in Parallels or just natively for that matter. I imagine that probably works just fine.

As I mentioned, thankfully for me no matter what goes on with DirectX and Windows it isn't going to affect me in the long run. I agree it would absolutely be like Microsoft to make compatibility difficult. Fortunately, Mac gaming is growing by leaps and bounds and there's always console for the rest. I am not going to need Microsoft in my life at all for anything.

Dishonored
DOOM 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Rage
Brink
schmea: It appears Dishonored has been removed from this offer.
Ahhh...of course it is. That was the only one that caught my eye. LOL
Nevermind, The deal I found has problems installing.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by YellowAries

Dishonored
DOOM 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Rage
Brink
Not surprised. That and FNV are the two best games in that list IMHO
nijuu: Not surprised. That and FNV are the two best games in that list IMHO
Says they may have new copies Monday. I'll have to be sure and check back.
Get Games Go

-75% SCRIBBLENAUTS UNLIMITED, http://getgamesgo.com/product/scribblenauts-unlimited
-75% LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS, http://getgamesgo.com/product/lego-lord-of-the-rings
-75% THE GUILD SERIES, http://getgamesgo.com/category/the-guild-sale
<span class="bold">Aliens: Colonial Marines</span> @ NewEgg
$49.99 - 60% = $19.99 - $15.00 Rebate Card = $4.99 Plus FREE Shipping