It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

morciu: I played the first one a really long time ago and I remember hating the main character's voice acting a lot and some parts of the game. Are the other better?
You're talking about English VA, right? I read that it is bad, but luckily I played it with excellent Czech VA. :D
triock: You're talking about English VA, right? I read that it is bad, but luckily I played it with excellent Czech VA. :D
But it doesn't change a fact main protagonist in BM2 and 3 is a teenage jerk :-(
triock: You're talking about English VA, right? I read that it is bad, but luckily I played it with excellent Czech VA. :D
keeveek: But it doesn't change a fact main protagonist in BM2 and 3 is a teenage jerk :-(
I don't care about this stuff :p
keeveek: Yeah, there are some licensing issues. I think Black MIrror 1 was avaible on sale on GG only for UK customers? I managed to play it while it was avaible in Gamersgate VOID.

It's really a shame, because that part of Black MIrror was the one I enjoyed the most.

You can play BM2 and 3 without knowing anything about BM1 but this experience will be lesser. It's really amazing thing to see how places you visited in BM1 changed.
It's still available on GG (at least for US customers). It does go on sale occasionally, but much rarer than the two sequels. I got it for 5$ on one of these sales.

I enjoyed the first part the most as well. :)

While you _can_ play the sequels without having played the first game, especially BM2 contains lots of spoilers for the first game. So if you plan to ever play the first game, do it before playing the others.
morciu: Are the sequels nice? I played the first one a really long time ago and I remember hating the main character's voice acting a lot and some parts of the game. Are the other better?
Both sequels are good adventure games, but the main character is one of the most unlikable jerks that I've ever played. In BM1, the main character was often arrogant and smug, but I kind of understood how he got this way, and he's at least polite in most conversations. In BM2 and BM3, the main character is just a rude brat.

I still enjoyed playing both games though.
Post edited June 08, 2013 by Psyringe
keeveek: Yeah, there are some licensing issues. I think Black MIrror 1 was avaible on sale on GG only for UK customers? I managed to play it while it was avaible in Gamersgate VOID.

It's really a shame, because that part of Black MIrror was the one I enjoyed the most.

You can play BM2 and 3 without knowing anything about BM1 but this experience will be lesser. It's really amazing thing to see how places you visited in BM1 changed.
I had the game in VOID but did not play it at the time due to having other games to play. When I went to play it, it was gone!!!
dr.schliemann: There is an interesting DRM-free bundle on shinyloot.com: The Mystery Adventure Bundle.

Included games: The Black Mirror II, The Black Mirror III, Gray Matter, Lost Chronicles of Zerzura.
Price: 9.99 $
argh, shouldnt have bought Grey Matter for 4$, 10$ just for Zenzura isnt worth it (as a sale). I have BM 2 + 3 allready.

But in general BM 2 & 3 and Grey Matter are all part of my Adventures Top 10, loved all 3. So IMO highlz recommendable.

Bout the main character> I liked the rudeness, I played them in german, maybe its diffrent in english (like more rude)

Bout the downfall sale > there is a demo
http://www.screen7.co.uk/#!/page_BudgetGames
Post edited June 08, 2013 by merow
merow: Bout the main character> I liked the rudeness, I played them in german, maybe its diffrent in english (like more rude)
I don't know how the German voice acting was, but in English, the main character (Darren) came across as an obnoxious brat. You can get away with a rude and/or cynical main character if he has some other redeeming qualities or if his remarks are clever or funny enough - Dr. House is a prime example for a character that is likeable despite his rudeness, Arthur from "King of Queens" is another one. But Darren is just a jerk who keeps making annoying unwarranted rude remarks to anyone and about anything he encounters, and who has zero regard for any other person's well-being (except his completely implausible love interest).
Post edited June 08, 2013 by Psyringe
merow: Bout the main character> I liked the rudeness, I played them in german, maybe its diffrent in english (like more rude)
Psyringe: I don't know how the German voice acting was, but in English, the main character (Darren) came across as an obnoxious brat. You can get away with a rude and/or cynical main character if he has some other redeeming qualities or if his remarks are clever or funny enough - Dr. House is a prime example for a character that is likeable despite his rudeness, Arthur from "King of Queens" is another one. But Darren is just a jerk who keeps making annoying unwarranted rude remarks to anyone and about anything he encounters, and who has zero regard for any other person's well-being (except his completely implausible love interest).
Dont know maybe it was different in german or maybe its just me (found it rather fresh, but not really irritating).

BTW: http://www.summerbatch.co.uk/ includes some rather nice free adventures
Post edited June 08, 2013 by merow
51nikopol: I had the game in VOID but did not play it at the time due to having other games to play. When I went to play it, it was gone!!!
Maybe that's why they call it VOID?

...though that kinda also makes me wonder if storing my source code in a service called "Bitbucket" is a good idea! :)
Charlie's Games Mega-Pack
Operation Flashpoint Complete: 11.24 EUR (14 904 blue coins) = -75%, but actually it's ~50% off because the bundled games cost less combined than this bundle; Steam, contains OF Red River and OF: Dragon Rising, is the Daily Deal on GamersGate.

Use coupon code 'elder-geek.com' at checkout to get 5% discount on the cheapest item.
Post edited June 09, 2013 by The-Business
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition $44.99
Not a great deal for UK - EU.

19.35£ (retail steamworks) (30 $)
on
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Elder-Scrolls-Legendary-Edition/dp/B00CJ8X24C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3PASS7FU8FSN6&coliid=I39A27011IVLRG
Please note: this game is for PC gamers only.
Just a PC is not enough. PC gamers only!
Upon purchase you’ll need to follow the redemption instructions
Forgive me, Mouse-based GUI, for I have sinned.

Please note: this game is for PC gamers only.
grviper: Just a PC is not enough. PC gamers only!

Upon purchase you’ll need to follow the redemption instructions
grviper: Forgive me, Mouse-based GUI, for I have sinned.
epic! :D