It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gonchi: Year of the Snake and Zodiac Tournament are supposed to be two of the better DLC, right, that add some new missions instead of just make the game easier?
cich: Yep, these two plus Nightmare in the North Point have some interesting concepts behind them and therefore are the most worthwhile of the Sleeping Dogs DLC.
Thanks. I'm not seeing much point in grabbing the DLC pack without them. Think I rather wait until they go on sale individually.
cich: Yep, these two plus Nightmare in the North Point have some interesting concepts behind them and therefore are the most worthwhile of the Sleeping Dogs DLC.
Gonchi: Thanks. I'm not seeing much point in grabbing the DLC pack without them. Think I rather wait until they go on sale individually.
Yeah my suggestion is to buy the game cheap (around $5) and buy whatever DLC you want on sale.. or wait until an actual complete pack is released at a decent price. The amazon deal sucks.

Or you could skip the DLC completely if you want, it's not necessary at all.
Post edited May 27, 2013 by spoderman
Well, I bought the Mac Game (not App) Store Feral bundle (6 games for $20), spent all day downloading a game, and have nothing to show for it. Downloading anything is a constant process of getting a little bit, freezing, making you click resume sometimes, and mostly starting over at zero.

I highly recommend stabbing oneself with any piece of dinnerware over buying from Mac Game Store. It's mostly the same experience, but the forkey former is slightly cheaper.
Post edited May 27, 2013 by pen_sq
Psyringe: I'm in the process of downloading the game, but it'll take at least two more hours. If I haven't fallen asleep by then, I'll test it and report back. Thanks for the heads-up by the way, I hadn't noticed that DRM mess when I bought the game (though I might have bought it anyway, out of curiosity about the concept).
oogla: Thanks, I ended up just buying it. After 20% discount it was $1.99 so I guess it's not much of a risk if it turns out to be too annoying.

Of course, when I'll actually get around to downloading and playing it is another story. :)
I lost the battle against the sleep, sorry. ;-/

I checked it now. Steam installs Games for Windows Live automatically, and displays your CD key. You need to enter this key into SecuRom to activate the game, and then you need to enter it into Games for Windows Live if you want to be able to save your game. Yuck.

At least we got the game for cheap, and no have the opportunity to play the game while these multiple DRM layers are still working, which they surely won't do forever.

It ought to be possible to make an "offline profile" in GfWL, but I've never done that myself.

Pheace: The Guild 2 series is -75% on Steam
Note that there's not really a reason to buy the whole series. "Renaissance" costs only 2.49 and includes the content from "Guild 2" and the "Pirates" expansion plus the additional "Renaissance" stuff.
Post edited May 27, 2013 by Psyringe
pen_sq: Well, I bought the Mac Game (not App) Store Feral bundle (6 games for $20), spent all day downloading a game, and have nothing to show for it. Downloading anything is a constant process of getting a little bit, freezing, making you click resume sometimes, and mostly starting over at zero.

I highly recommend stabbing oneself with any piece of dinnerware over buying from Mac Game Store. It's mostly the same experience, but the forkey former is slightly cheaper.
Maybe it was due to a lot of traffic in response to that sale which is quite a deal. I'd put in a note or call to their customer service if you haven't already and see what you get back. I haven't used them myself. I stick to the App Store, Steam, Origin and here.

I've been tempted a couple of times to pick up Red Alert 3 there but the disclaimer about them not honoring returns on that title made me wonder why they are selling it if they need to make that special note for that particular game with no further explanation for it. Might and Magic V was also tempting but no expansions with the Mac version so I'll have to stick to Wine or Parallels for that.
https://indiegamestand.com/

Cognition Ep 2
Post edited May 28, 2013 by buckstone
Sweet Baby Jesus! :)

Sherlock Holmes - Charity Game Bundle
Create your custom bundle, 2 game min.
http://groupees.com/sherlock

I bet bonus 3 will be "Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper"
Has anyone played Trauma or Grotesque Tactics? I'm looking at the BundleStars offer.

What about Robin Hood, Legend of Sherwood?
alexkoti: Sweet Baby Jesus! :)

Sherlock Holmes - Charity Game Bundle
Create your custom bundle, 2 game min.
http://groupees.com/sherlock

I bet bonus 3 will be "Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper"
Possible butt I wouldnt bet on it, my guess is another old adventure like: "Journey to the..."
Dracula Origin is very recommendable IMO.
Post edited May 28, 2013 by Alan13
BlueMooner: Has anyone played Trauma or Grotesque Tactics? I'm looking at the BundleStars offer.

Robin Hood is nice. Sort of like Commandos but without the annoying precise puzzles.

Trauma is meh. A few pretty pictures, pointless narrative, negligible reward for finding all the secret collectibles.
grviper: ...
So Trauma is an art game. Gotcha.
grviper: ...
BlueMooner: So Trauma is an art game. Gotcha.
much like dear ester *runs*
nijuu: much like dear ester *runs*
I'LL FIND YOU111!!!!
BlueMooner: Has anyone played Trauma or Grotesque Tactics? I'm looking at the BundleStars offer.

Trauma is definitely an art game, yes. Don't get if you don't like those. It is interesting as one, though.

The first Grotesque Tactics is kind of OK. It is a turn based strategic RPG similar to FF Tactics and that ilk, but with less classes and not as good. However, the design is solid it is perfectly playable, the maps are large and nice. There are too few games of this types on the PC. But the 'humor' in those games are atrocious, and may turn you off.
amok: Trauma is definitely an art game, yes. Don't get if you don't like those. It is interesting as one, though.

The first Grotesque Tactics is kind of OK. It is a turn based strategic RPG similar to FF Tactics and that ilk, but with less classes and not as good. However, the design is solid it is perfectly playable, the maps are large and nice. There are too few games of this types on the PC. But the 'humor' in those games are atrocious, and may turn you off.
Yeah, I prefer my RPGs to be serious. I CAN do humor but as you say, it's often atrocious. Humor in any situation is hard; it's very hard when you don't know who you're talking to. I watched some vids for GT and wasn't too hot for it.

As such, I'm wondering if $3 is worth it for games I may not even finish.