It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That's the EU edition, so can we New Worlders use it?

And it probably substitutes all the blood with candy or some shit like that.
Post edited April 17, 2013 by Foxhack
Foxhack: That's the EU edition, so can we New Worlders use it?

And it probably substitutes all the blood with candy or some shit like that.
Did you go to their website? For example I see this version: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (NA) for $20, so $16 after coupon. GMG shows games and their different versions plus prices depending on your location.

uqblf: Well if there were region restrictions they weren't for NA region obviously, as Nuuvem is a Brazilian store. ;)
Rule of thumb: if you want your games on Steam, simply get Steamworks games from there, which is always stated on the store page if it is one. And I don't think I heard of any region restrictions on their Steam keys so far.
StingingVelvet: Steam has been known to remove the game after activation if they feel you bought a cheap foreign key. It is against their terms of service. Most people get away with it but generally it's a good idea for US citizens especially to buy from US stores.
Missed your post before. Actually I did hear about such a few times, but never talked to someone directly who happened to experience such things. I do admit that Steam states in their TOS that they won't allow you to use a VPN or similar things to disguise your region:

"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account."

However I don't see how this would apply for example to getting a game from a friend living abroad or to buying a retail game during your holiday in Brazil. They don't even know how you did acquire a retail key. So in fact they simply add regional restrictions on certain (mostly newer) titles to circumvent this in single cases. I haven't heard of any case where a retail key that was bought from a legal Steam key reseller was revoked later on (using a VPN to buy from Steam itself but in another country's store is a completely different story!).

Long story short, I see your point and if a store (like Steam itself, or the UK based GMG, or the Sweden based GG) offers me games and their prices based on my current location, it wouldn't be right to disguise my location when buying to get different prices. However IF a shop doesn't have a localized version of their store and offers customers worldwide to buy from them, I don't really see the problem here.
And I didn't wanna start a discussion here, I just thought your comment that people should strictly buy things only in their own country to be a little bit too strict. And with my initial comment I simply wanted to point out that Nuuvem is NOT in NA region, because they are a Brazilian store and thus surely not in North America.
Post edited April 17, 2013 by uqblf
As far as I know, Dark Souls doesn't have a regional lock at all. Dunno.
uqblf: snip
The clause in their ToS is against using VPN to buy or activate a game on Steam, they have no control over whether you used a VPN or not when you bought the key if it is through a third-party site. Likewise, it is on your own risk whenever you do buy a game on a third-party site. If the key you bought belongs to a different region when you try to activate it on steam, it is not an excuse to say "but they were selling it globally". Steam have removed games they think are dodgy, and it is then up to you to provide evidence that you have a legal copy for your region.

If it is so simple as to say "the store was not localized", then it would be the biggest hole for all russian key sellers to jump through - "yes, it is a russian key, but the store is not localized". Valve have no control over the any stores except Steam, and can not force anyone to localize anything. The only thing you have to go by is your common sense and the reputation of the seller. Caveat emptor.
amok: snip
Thanks, that's definitely a better way to describe it than what I tried with my long text. Nothing to add. :D

And to add something to the thread, Steam is gonna present the next batch of greenlit titles today.
Post edited April 17, 2013 by uqblf
amok: snip
uqblf: Thanks, that's definitely a better way to describe it than what I tried with my long text. Nothing to add. :D

And to add something to the thread, Steam is gonna present the next batch of greenlit titles today.
They did a few hours ago :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_steam_greenlight_allows_you_to_vote_games_on_steam/post98
EDIT: replaced GG.com links with cheaper GG.UK links

Todays GG is Conflict Denied Ops for £1.99, -75%, SecuRom

other deals on GG are:
Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for £5.08, -66%, DRM Free
inkl.
- Baldur’s Gate & [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BG2C/baldurs-gate-ii-complete?caff=1869351]2 + Expansions
- Icewind Dale & [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-IWD2/icewind-dale-2?caff=1869351]2 + Expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- The Temple of Elemental Evil
GG.UK link ~1000BC cheaper!

Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete £6.78, -66%
incl.
- Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs, other DRM, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
- Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs, SecuRom, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
GG.uk link ~1000BC cheaper!

THe Assassin's Creed Complete Collection, £23.78
everything but AC3 (DLX), which is 11,000BC cheaper on the GG.UK site.
AC1 uses Tagés
GG.UK ~4000BC cheaper

and you can get the AC3 Season Pass for £10, -50%
GG.UK link ~4000BC cheaper!

All titles are also available separately.

Also we have R.U.S.E.: The Art of Deception, €6, -70%, Steam

And also some WW2 Flight Combat sims are on Sale:
B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th for £1.12, DRM Free
GG-UK link
Post edited April 18, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: - Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs, other DRM, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
I'm pretty sure that the NWN collection from GG is working fine on 64 bit OS. No idea why the game page is stating something different.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by TParis
dyscode: - Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs, other DRM, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
TParis: I'm pretty sure that the NWN collection from GG is working fine on 64 bit OS. No idea why the game page is stating something different.
Because GOG fixed it to work with 64Bit, while the GG versions may very well be the original installers - my guess.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Because GOG fixed it to work with 64Bit, while the GG versions may very well be the original installers - my guess.
Nah, it's an all-in-one installer.
dyscode: Because GOG fixed it to work with 64Bit, while the GG versions may very well be the original installers - my guess.
TParis: Nah, it's an all-in-one installer.
sorry, I misread your post, thought you are talking about the GOG versions in comparison to the GG version.
Well that would not be the first outdated info on GG, or they put it in for 'safety reasons', so support does not have to cope it.
I have no clue :)
.com is actually cheaper for USD region.
TParis: I'm pretty sure that the NWN collection from GG is working fine on 64 bit OS. No idea why the game page is stating something different.
So the securom and Other DRM info is correct as well? ;)
nijuu: So the securom and Other DRM info is correct as well? ;)
To remove Securom from NWN2 all you need is to apply half a dozen updates to patch it to the final build.
16 Bit Arena is down to $5 for the next week.

http://indievania.com/games/16-bit-arena

http://www.amazon.com/16BitArena-com-16-Bit-Arena-Download/dp/B00BR37EO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366281091&sr=8-1&keywords=16+bit+arena (hasn't started at the time of this posting)

I recommend it, despite its presentation.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by johnki