It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JaqFrost: What kind of DRM do Mass Effect 1 and 2 have? Game.co.uk sells them for four quid each and since I've never played either... seems like a good price to check them out, depending on the DRM situation.
They probably use SecuRom both, while ME2 can be registered on Origin. With ME1 it only sometimes works.
You can go through EA support they they will add it to your Origin account.
If you are interested I have ME1 and ME2 as a GamersGate.com Gift. You can have both for 8000 Blue Coins ($8)
Post edited April 07, 2013 by dyscode
Mass Effect 2 on disc was just a disc-check, no real DRM of any kind. Not sure about the digital version. I own it now on Origin but have never installed it that way.

And no, Origin is not DRM unless the game is... uh... Originworks, or whatever. Made for Origin like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3.
StingingVelvet: Mass Effect 2 on disc was just a disc-check, no real DRM of any kind. Not sure about the digital version. I own it now on Origin but have never installed it that way.

And no, Origin is not DRM unless the game is... uh... Originworks, or whatever. Made for Origin like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3.
So Mass Effect 1 has SecuRom and Mass Effect 2 has a disc check? The SecuRom has never been patched out?
anybody already mentioned
The Next Big Thing on GMG for only €5?
There is no Info on DRM but since is cannot be traded it, it strongly suggests it's DRM free/serial# or Steam in the 'worst case'.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by dyscode
StingingVelvet: And no, Origin is not DRM unless the game is... uh... Originworks, or whatever. Made for Origin like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3.
Blizzard is not DRM, because you can get Diablo II/Starcraft I from them and those don't always do online checks for every play mode. The Silence is not DRM, they are a religious order dedicated to controlling the first question.
dyscode: anybody already mentioned
The Next Big Thing on GMG for only €5?
There is no Info on DRM but since is cannot be traded it, it strongly suggests it's DRM free/serial# or Steam in the 'worst case'.
Additional: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME ACTIVATION. *SIS AND VIA/S3G Graphics Controllers Not Supported
it seems like I should know what the silence look like, but I don't remember ever seeing one..
pen_sq: Blizzard is not DRM, because you can get Diablo II/Starcraft I from them and those don't always do online checks for every play mode. The Silence is not DRM, they are a religious order dedicated to controlling the first question.
What?

If a client downloads an installer that never needs the client to install or function then said client is not DRM. Is the GOG downloader DRM in your world?
nuuvem has Lords of Football for only £13 Gbp , is it safe to buy from them if I am in the UK ? Also anyone know how to translate the website to English so I can understand how to register ?I can translate the main page but when it go's to register or checkout it reverts back to Portuguese :(
summitus: nuuvem has Lords of Football for only £13 Gbp , is it safe to buy from them if I am in the UK ? Also anyone know how to translate the website to English so I can understand how to register ?I can translate the main page but when it go's to register or checkout it reverts back to Portuguese :(
I can try to help you...
summitus: nuuvem has Lords of Football for only £13 Gbp , is it safe to buy from them if I am in the UK ? Also anyone know how to translate the website to English so I can understand how to register ?I can translate the main page but when it go's to register or checkout it reverts back to Portuguese :(
Stooner: I can try to help you...
that would great :-) .... but how ?
summitus: that would great :-) .... but how ?
via PM?
OFF topic: I was looking at the Lords of footbal promo at Nuuvem, and here is one of the photos of the game: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/uploads/produtos_fotos/fotos/048b049e6b2d662a01b5fb97988ca110.jpg

I just can´t stop LOLing.
tokisto: OFF topic: I was looking at the Lords of footbal promo at Nuuvem, and here is one of the photos of the game: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/uploads/produtos_fotos/fotos/048b049e6b2d662a01b5fb97988ca110.jpg

I just can´t stop LOLing.
Yeah the guy on the floor must have got pissed of with Nuuvem's stupid website and got drunk instead ! :p
I tried to register and buy the game and gave up in the end ... Big thanks to Stooner for all his help though :)
I might be way behind on this one but I just realized that, for people who bought Kenshi on Gamersgate, including in the IndieFort bundle, you can redeem your activation key on Steam.