It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: I've been trying to snag that game for a while now. Figures I'd be broke and / or without tradeable games when that happens.
PhoenixBlade: Really? I've heard some... Not so great things about it.
I like sucky games. :P
Dawn of Fantasy 90% off 2.5$/1,89€
http://www.desura.com/games/dawn-of-fantasy

Grab now and Steam key will be provided later:

Quote from Desura comments:
ReverieWorld replied:
There will be a way for everyone interested to get a Steam key. Aside from automatically providing the key to players who have registered inside the game, we will also add a tool on our website where users could enter their current CD key and get a Steam key emailed to them.
dyscode: And Age of Wonders Trilogy $10, -50%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-AOWT/age-of-wonders-trilogy-with-soundtrack-bundle?caff=1869351
(my offer 8000BC)
gyokzoli: These are the GOG version, right?
These are the (original) DRM Free Version. GOG version are only sold on GOG. ;)
Post edited February 11, 2013 by dyscode
lorek: Dawn of Fantasy 90% off 2.5$/1,89€
http://www.desura.com/games/dawn-of-fantasy

Grab now and Steam key will be provided later:

Quote from Desura comments:
ReverieWorld replied:
There will be a way for everyone interested to get a Steam key. Aside from automatically providing the key to players who have registered inside the game, we will also add a tool on our website where users could enter their current CD key and get a Steam key emailed to them.
I should point out its a MMORTS as per description... so its an online game...not everyones cup of tea ;)
Artki: > BTW i thought Steam had a daily deal each day, however none today for some reason?.

They've stopped putting on the side of the front page but the daily deal can still be found at the bottom (in the NEWS section)

Some big stalingradish war game today.
They just F up their layout every so often, it's back in the normal place now (Batman: AA GOTY today).
Artki: > BTW i thought Steam had a daily deal each day, however none today for some reason?.

They've stopped putting on the side of the front page but the daily deal can still be found at the bottom (in the NEWS section)

Some big stalingradish war game today.
orcishgamer: They just F up their layout every so often, it's back in the normal place now (Batman: AA GOTY today).
Now they have week-long deals as well, about bloody time:D
Has the "new" XCom been on sale lately? I'm really looking to snag this one.
dyscode: These are the (original) DRM Free Version. GOG version are only sold on GOG. ;)
So these are might not work on win7/8 I guess...
FraterPerdurabo: Has the "new" XCom been on sale lately? I'm really looking to snag this one.
Not since Christmas afaik. Honestly I bought it at release and didn't feel like it was money ill spent. If you like the formula in the demo, it's more of that.
FraterPerdurabo: Has the "new" XCom been on sale lately? I'm really looking to snag this one.
orcishgamer: Not since Christmas afaik. Honestly I bought it at release and didn't feel like it was money ill spent. If you like the formula in the demo, it's more of that.
Hm. Thanks. Do you reckon I'd like it? I haven't ever played any of the XCom games but I like the look of this one. Normally I wouldn't bitch like this but I bought two new games for full price recently that I ended up not playing, so trying to be a little wary.

e: or I guess I'll just try the demo then. Is there any way of exporting your save into the full game?
Post edited February 11, 2013 by FraterPerdurabo
dyscode: These are the (original) DRM Free Version. GOG version are only sold on GOG. ;)
gyokzoli: So these are might not work on win7/8 I guess...
The Specs say Windows XP, so the chance they do is high in XP-Compatibility/Admin Mode.
But I can give no guarantee of course.

The only XP game so far that did no work on my Win7x64 out of the box, so far was f***king Crysis. Required a lot of tweaking.

BTW: Groupee's Be Mine Anniversary Bundle coming in 3 days!
Post edited February 11, 2013 by dyscode
Hey, doesn't hurt to ask. There's been more than one game reported that mysteriously has files with the name GOG in them. :P
orcishgamer: Not since Christmas afaik. Honestly I bought it at release and didn't feel like it was money ill spent. If you like the formula in the demo, it's more of that.
FraterPerdurabo: Hm. Thanks. Do you reckon I'd like it? I haven't ever played any of the XCom games but I like the look of this one. Normally I wouldn't bitch like this but I bought two new games for full price recently that I ended up not playing, so trying to be a little wary.

e: or I guess I'll just try the demo then. Is there any way of exporting your save into the full game?
I have not played the old XCom games and I liked it. The 2nd mission of the demo is altered from the full game, so no, you can't import your save, but you won't have done much that can't be redone pretty quickly. The first mission is paint by numbers (do what they say) and the 2nd mission is slightly looser in structure after it introduces the extra mechanics.

Regardless the 2nd mission only has something like 4 enemies.
Post edited February 11, 2013 by orcishgamer
FraterPerdurabo: Hm. Thanks. Do you reckon I'd like it? I haven't ever played any of the XCom games but I like the look of this one. Normally I wouldn't bitch like this but I bought two new games for full price recently that I ended up not playing, so trying to be a little wary.

Personally, I tried very, very hard to like the new X-Com but I just couldn't. After seventeen hours, trying mods, etc, etc, I finally gave up.

The game wants to be tactical but it likes to cheat and luck-screw you. It wants to have a dynamic world, but the focus is incredibly narrow. It wants to feel like an open game experience, but you're actually pushed in one direction with little option to change the flow of the game.

The worst crime a strategy game (or tactical in this case, whatever) can have is to just flat out cheat the player. X-Com does this.

Add in 2K's DLC policy, and their backtracking on modding support (including making X-Com "phone home" overwriting any mods you've installed everytime you launch Steam), and it left me with a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Hawk52: Personally, I tried very, very hard to like the new X-Com but I just couldn't. After seventeen hours, trying mods, etc, etc, I finally gave up.

The game wants to be tactical but it likes to cheat and luck-screw you. It wants to have a dynamic world, but the focus is incredibly narrow. It wants to feel like an open game experience, but you're actually pushed in one direction with little option to change the flow of the game.

The worst crime a strategy game (or tactical in this case, whatever) can have is to just flat out cheat the player. X-Com does this.

Add in 2K's DLC policy, and their backtracking on modding support (including making X-Com "phone home" overwriting any mods you've installed everytime you launch Steam), and it left me with a really bitter taste in my mouth.
I didn't buy the Slingshot DLC because it hasn't been on sale yet and 6 bucks sounds expensive just going by the content description. What is 2Ks bad DLC policy?

Didn't know about the mod thing, that sucks. Didn't try to mod it myself.