It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

retsuseiba: I had the exact same experience. But I did get Paypal's confirmation email (also confirmed that my cc was charged), and the very brief minutes that I managed to browse Gamersgate after that the games were showing in my library.
Foxhack: Oh, I never got charged on PayPal, so I'm certain that the order didn't go through.
same,,, out of luck
nijuu: Do you guys have a working wishlist you work off when buying, or impulse buying (like i seem to be half doing haha) ?
I have wishlists but can't put every single game that looks or sounds intriguing on there. Most of those games I generally just make a note of in the back of my mind and when they come on sale (for 75% off usually), I consider it.
Take Darksiders 2 for example. Not on any of my wishlists but the game has always sounded fun and interesting. Very few people have anything bad to say about it. I'm strongly considering it but THQ prices have been going lower and lower on their games, I have 4 $5 codes from Amazon to use in January so I'm thinking it will be available again at this price (or hoping lower) so I can snag it then.
Or similarly, I just bought 3 bundles from GOG the other day but none of those were on my wishlist either. I had played some of those in the past, others I never got around to playing but always wanted to. The price was right for me and I ended up buying them. Wanted to buy 2 more actually but held off till the next sale since you can only play so many games but still doubt I'd put any on my wishlist.

Its just each persons preference I suppose to wishlist a game or not.
Post edited December 21, 2012 by teshra
On another note, remember how I bought DarkStar off StrategyFirst's website?

It finished downloading this morning. All 12.6 GB[/b[ of it. Jesus!
Foxhack: On another note, remember how I bought DarkStar off StrategyFirst's website?

D:

Already?!
Got to the paypal page twice on the Bethesda Error, then I quit. GamersGate allows you to pay for a game up to 10 days after that, and that's just what I'm going to do. Unless they cancel it, but then, I've never seen them do that before, even for errors.
So the Mayans predicted the downfall of gamersgate it seems=) I have a feeling it will not be up for a while.
Foxhack: On another note, remember how I bought DarkStar off StrategyFirst's website?

Pheace: D:

Already?!
Ooh, looks like I hogged the bandwidth, finished yesterday! I feel like Road Runner now.
retsuseiba: I'm curious though, does this mean one can buy, let's say, Steamworks games, get the keys and activate them, and never complete the order? Or am I mistaken?
Nope. As someone else said, you won't get the keys until after the payment. Further, you tend to have to wait 10 mins after they've confirmed payment before they issue keys.

If your order is pending, you'll have around 2 to 3 weeks to complete it.
misfire200: So the Mayans predicted the downfall of gamersgate it seems=) I have a feeling it will not be up for a while.
Yep its dead and proper right now. Thanks guys LOL
Pheace: D:

Already?!
Don't know if sarcastic...

And it actually took me like a day and a half because I got pissed off the first day I tried to download it. :P
I have to wonder if GamersGate do not have a troll in the basement screwing with them. Every day they get at least one price wrong....what are the chances they screw it up every day and not by like a dollar but occasially up to 99% such as what 3 cents earlier for a game.....either their is a troll or they are doing this on purpose to get traffic.

Although...not sure if I would have chosen Bethesda to do it on purpose with as that was going to destroy their servers in the process.
I have a feeling that someone will be fired within the next few hours.
I can't access gamersgate at all D: I just want to pick up my free indiefort bundle
Foxhack: And it actually took me like a day and a half because I got pissed off the first day I tried to download it. :P
I've been downloading for 11 hours and it's just about to finish file 12. With my connection, that should have finished in a max of 3 to 4 hours, if that =/ 280 odd K/s is just too slow for me now.
misfire200: I have to wonder if GamersGate do not have a troll in the basement screwing with them. Every day they get at least one price wrong....what are the chances they screw it up every day and not by like a dollar but occasially up to 99% such as what 3 cents earlier for a game.....either their is a troll or they are doing this on purpose to get traffic.
If they were doing it on purpose, then they'd probably call it a Flash Sale and advertise it as such. I don't think that a fake error would provide any advantages over a well-advertised sale.

The much more likely explanation (imho) is that pricing is actually a pretty complex task. GamersGate has a catalog of nearly 5,000 games. These have different prices in dozens of different regions in the world. GamersGate also accepts several different currencies. Then there are constantly sales going on, and often several sales overlap each other. Finally, take into account that selling games is an extremely competitive business in which most companies can't afford the time and manpower to double- and triple-check their actions. It doesn't surprise me that such an environment creates mistakes.

GamersGate isn't the only company affected, either. We just had a rather spectacular case with Gameftop (or was it Gamefly?) selling FarCry 3 for under 7$, a fraction of its worth. Gamesplanet UK had several games for 100% off lately, which promptly crashed their servers until it got fixed.

We shouldn't take GOG (who make extremely few mistakes with pricing) as an example - GOG is actual an exception, because they have only a few fixed price points, accept only one currency, don't have regionally different prices, and have a smaller catalog than most other shops. With regard to susceptibility to mistakes, GOG and GamersGate are probably at the opposites ends of the spectrum. GOG lives in an environment that minimizes most causes for mistakes, GamersGate's environment is much more complex.
Post edited December 21, 2012 by Psyringe