It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: In most cases...
misfire200: ... meh...but steam is not going anywhere anytime soon=)
This seems to get rather lengthy, so can you guys be so kind and discuss this in another thread? Please? :)
Green Man Gaming 30% off voucher: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Valid until 3rd January 2013 at 12:00 GMT, excludes some titles and excludes rewards titles.
misfire200: Just like you see no-cd and cracked exe's for store bought games the past decade, you would see the same shit for steam games. Heck, some people already get those files just so they do not need to even have steam running while playing games they own.
It's actually a lot easier than no-cd cracks from what I have seen. Valve doesn't give two shits about their games being cracked, as they know people want Steam anyway.
misfire200: Most likely you would see something similar to gamecopyworld.com pop up. Secondly you would not have to re-download the game, the majority of steam versions just require a cracked exe, with 3-4 .dll files that emulate the background of steam.
If that was the case, then the site that you mentioned would be full of such "un-Steam" cracks already now. Is it? I can't be arsed to check.

misfire200: Just like you see no-cd and cracked exe's for store bought games the past decade, you would see the same shit for steam games. Heck, some people already get those files just so they do not need to even have steam running while playing games they own.
SimonG: It's actually a lot easier than no-cd cracks from what I have seen. Valve doesn't give two shits about their games being cracked, as they know people want Steam anyway.
Yeah, everyone claims to have heard rumors from a friend of a friend that it is very simple and easy, yet when you ask concrete proof from them, they always seem to come empty.

As said, if it was so easy to make and deliver such cracks, something like gcw would already be full of them. Especially if Steam and the game publishers don't really care if you crack them, as you claim.

Not to mention, when we are talking about "Steam games", quite often there is also additional 3rd party DRM that would need to be cracked separately.

Anyways, discussion of cracks is prohibited in GOG forums, so I guess you'd have to present your proof somewhere else...
Post edited December 20, 2012 by timppu
timppu: Anyways, discussion of cracks is prohibited in GOG forums, so I guess you'd have to present your proof somewhere else...
I don't have to present proof for anything. You are the one spreading his little insecurities about pirates and Russian mafias and whatnot.
Updates on Amazon Deals:

12/20 - 12/21
THQ Darksiders Bundle - $13.19 (Steam)
* Darksiders
* Darksiders II
* Darksiders II Season Pass
* Darksiders II DLC Angel of Death Pack
* Darksiders II DLC Argul's Tomb
* Darksiders II DLC Deadly Despair
* Darksiders II DLC Death Rides
* Darksiders II DLC Fletcher's Crow Hammer
* Darksiders II DLC Mace Maximus
* Darksiders II DLC Mortis
* Darksiders II DLC Rusanov's Axe
* Darksiders II DLC Shadow of Death
* Darksiders II DLC Van der Schmash Hamme
* Darksiders II DLC Abyssal Forge

12/20 -12/26
Dead Island GOTY - $5.99 (Steam)

Check the rest of Amazon - Digital Holiday Deals here.

And don't forget, every purchase you make will earn you $5 dollars credit to spend towards the 2012 Editor's Choice Games Starting January 1st.

+

MicroVolts Boot Camp Bundle - worth $11.49

+

15 Days of Premium for APB Reloaded - worth $10.99
racerboi101: 12/20 -12/26
Dead Island GOTY - $5.99 (Steam)
Worth it? Anyone?
racerboi101: Updates on Amazon Deals:

12/20 - 12/21
* Darksiders
* Darksiders II
I'm a but confused about this one, doesn't the Season Pass have all the DLC? If so do you get double copies of DLC?
DodoGeo: I'm a but confused about this one, doesn't the Season Pass have all the DLC? If so do you get double copies of DLC?
Same here. Season Pass shows as a 20 GB (?!) DL, while all the individual DLC is listed as 30 KB each.
racerboi101: Updates on Amazon Deals:

12/20 - 12/21
* Darksiders
* Darksiders II
DodoGeo: I'm a but confused about this one, doesn't the Season Pass have all the DLC? If so do you get double copies of DLC?
From reddit:

"Important: Don't activate your Abyssal Forge DLC.
Since the Abyssal Forge DLC is also in the Season Pass, you actually get an extra key for the Abyssal Forge DLC as long as you activate the Season Pass first.

Included in Season Pass
Darksiders II - The Demon Lord Belial
Darksiders II - Abyssal Forge
Darksiders II - Maker's Armor

NOT Included in Season Pass
Darksiders II - Argul's Tomb
Darksiders II - Death Rides
Darksiders II - Mortis Pack
Darksiders II - Rusanov's Axe
Darksiders II - Van Der Schmash Hammer
Darksiders II - Fletcher's Crow Hammer
Darksiders II - Mace Maximus
Darksiders II - Angel of Death
Darksiders II - Deadly Despair
Darksiders II - Shadow of Death"
Post edited December 20, 2012 by uchos
timppu: Anyways, discussion of cracks is prohibited in GOG forums, so I guess you'd have to present your proof somewhere else...
SimonG: I don't have to present proof for anything. You are the one spreading his little insecurities about pirates and Russian mafias and whatnot.
Yep no proof needed, it is easy enough find the information needed....lol...so true about his insecurities.

Also Valve is worth over $1.5 billion so these conversations do not even matter and the math is crazy with how much valve is worth versus some other companies that are on the open market and have expensive ass stocks when valve is not. The world is just as likely to end on the 21st as Valve is to just magically up and close anytime in the near future. Basically Gabe just prints his own money with steam.
This is such a terrible sale model. First off, we have a 50-60$ game and a newly invented thing called the Season Pass for another 16-30$ and then even more DLC that isn't includes in said Pass.

So we have reached the age where a single game costs a 100$. Great.
No wonder people are only interested in sales.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by DodoGeo
DodoGeo: This is such a terrible sale model. First off, we have a 50-60$ game and a newly invented thing called the Season Pass for another 16-30$ and then even more DLC that isn't includes in said Pass.

That DLC milking is one reason why THQ went under.
DodoGeo: This is such a terrible sale model. First off, we have a 50-60$ game and a newly invented thing called the Season Pass for another 16-30$ and then even more DLC that isn't includes in said Pass.

Foxhack: That DLC milking is one reason why THQ went under.
Well, the majority of companies now are doing way too much DLC...i miss the days of a complete game followed by an expansion or sequel...now its just see how much DLC we can pump out...THQ is bad at it, but so are the other major companies. EA is even worse in my opinion.

However, there biggest downfall was that damn uDraw...they waisted tens of millions into that project just to throw it away.
Foxhack: That DLC milking is one reason why THQ went under.
I think it was marketing. If Darksiders 2 can sell two million copies in the first month and still don't turn a profit, than there is an inherent issue far above DLCs.