It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Luisfius: Amazon has its own payments service. Which is easier than paypal.
Also, Paypal are notorious assholes. If there is something that needs competition, it is paypal.
nagytow: +1

I don't like PP and I don't use it if I can help it. I'm glad that Skrill/Moneybookers becomes more and more popular, hopefully one day they will be known enough to be a strong competition to PP.
Moneybookers is great. They are the only ones who accept Irish Laser debit cards, which are otherwise useless on the net. I use them on Steam, and have put up a feature request here on GOG to accept payment via Moneybookers. Please vote for it if you would like this implemented.
Gears of War 3 for £11 (US$17.50) delivered.
orcishgamer: Amazon.com sells their own payment solution, the more people that already have an account the more valuable their platform becomes. Accepting Paypal is simply bad business sense.

And seriously, fuck Paypal, they aren't anything special and renowned for their shitty business practices.

Ah I see others have common sense as well:)
nijuu: Unfortunately they have like 90% (only guessing) of the market. Most ebay sellers have to 'offer' it as an option (i don't like giving my direct cc details to the sellers so have no other option), many websites sellers use it as the ONLY option they offer ( the others are slowly being offered but at a very small pace).Love to use Amazon or Googles payment methods but it aint an option being offered very often to the buyer right now.

Im actually wondering how the average user has problems with paypal?. Ive heard stories of ebay sellers or other sellers at times having accounts frozen due to abnormally high activity (in paypals eyes) etc....but other issues?.
They have frozen accounts for charities. Example:
http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/
nijuu: Unfortunately they have like 90% (only guessing) of the market. Most ebay sellers have to 'offer' it as an option (i don't like giving my direct cc details to the sellers so have no other option), many websites sellers use it as the ONLY option they offer ( the others are slowly being offered but at a very small pace).Love to use Amazon or Googles payment methods but it aint an option being offered very often to the buyer right now.

Im actually wondering how the average user has problems with paypal?. Ive heard stories of ebay sellers or other sellers at times having accounts frozen due to abnormally high activity (in paypals eyes) etc....but other issues?.
Luisfius: They have frozen accounts for charities. Example:
http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/
Have to admit, even tho paypal froze there account (and they do that if they are suspicious of high activity), if anyone answered a customer like that agent did, i would fire them straight away. Like WTF. Anyone know where paypal's customer service is actually located?

Unfortunately paypal is very common so for many people dont really have much of a choice :/
ABH20: I've already got Trine on Steam thanks to a previous Indie Bundle, so getting Trine 2 on Steam instead of waiting for it's GOG appearance makes sense. I'm curious enough about the Penny Arcade games that dropping $3 on the combo pack doesn't bother me.

What I'm on the fence about is Gotham City Impostors. GFWL is pure shit and I've heard horror stories about the game's matchmaking service, although patching seems to have helped there. Plus the long-ass level progression seems to be there purely to encourage people to buy the DLC unlocks. I can't help but think it will inevitably move to a F2P model, so that's another purchase factor. Has anyone here played it, what's your opinion of it?
Have not played it but TotalBiscuit has made a review today about the game, you can check it here
nijuu: Have to admit, even tho paypal froze there account (and they do that if they are suspicious of high activity), if anyone answered a customer like that agent did, i would fire them straight away. Like WTF. Anyone know where paypal's customer service is actually located?

Unfortunately paypal is very common so for many people dont really have much of a choice :/
As far as I know, they're all American.
There's nothing wrong (well any more wrong than the rest of the corporate setup) with paypal, for the everyday guy in the street their service is absolutely invaluable removing the need for people to directly give CC info to Tom, Dick or Harry.

The only reason Paypal gets it in the neck is because they deal directly with money.. if you are talking actual bad business practices we see worse with gaming publishers.

One 'money' company I would never in a million years deal with is Google.. they already have more than enough info about people, now they're in to finance too, with Google Checkout... fuck THAT!!
Luisfius: Im actually wondering how the average user has problems with paypal?. Ive heard stories of ebay sellers or other sellers at times having accounts frozen due to abnormally high activity (in paypals eyes) etc....but other issues?.
A friend of mine wanted to sell his old tv on eBay. Everything went ok, but some time later it turned out that the buyer's account got hacked or something so PP charged back the money (seller protection, yeah). So he was left with no tv, no money and with a limited PP account because his account was empty at the time PP charged the money back so his balance was below 0. Then PP asked him for receipt for that tv and since it was like 10 years old tv, he didn't have it. They said it was ok, but then they limited his account permanently and closed it eventually due to security risk or whatever.

Bad luck you might say, but it's not the end of that story. One day I got an email from PP saying that my account was limited and they required some information. So I sent all the required documents and then my account got limited permanently as well because according to their record i was having two accounts. So I rang them and asked what the hell was going on and the guy was all like 'the decision is final so why are you ringing me and wasting my time'.

So yeah, my PP and eBay accounts are gone because my friend got scammed.
Post edited March 30, 2012 by nagytow
Luisfius: Im actually wondering how the average user has problems with paypal?. Ive heard stories of ebay sellers or other sellers at times having accounts frozen due to abnormally high activity (in paypals eyes) etc....but other issues?.
nagytow: A friend of mine wanted to sell his old tv on eBay. Everything went ok, but some time later it turned out that the buyer's account got hacked or something so PP charged back the money (seller protection, yeah). So he was left with no tv, no money and with a limited PP account because his account was empty at the time PP charged the money back so his balance was below 0. Then PP asked him for receipt for that tv and since it was like 10 years old tv, he didn't have it. They said it was ok, but then they limited his account permanently and closed it eventually due to security risk or whatever.

Bad luck you might say, but it's not the end of that story. One day I got an email from PP saying that my account was limited and they required some information. So I sent all the required documents and then my account got limited permanently as well because according to their record i was having two accounts. So I rang them and asked what the hell was going on and the guy was all like 'the decision is final so why are you ringing me and wasting my time'.

So yeah, my PP and eBay accounts are gone because my friend got scammed.
PayPal and eBay both tried to screw me years ago. Anticipating this possibility I created a special bank account just for them and when the shit hit the fan I immediately closed it, leaving them no recourse. As for me, after that experience I never wanted anything to with them again anyway. Good riddance on both accounts.
The only reason they were able to have such terrible service and policies is because paypal is /was pretty much a monopoly on that kind of service. Once again, paypal getting competition can only be a good thing for everyone. I hope Amazon payments is accepted more widely on the internet. And Moneybookers. And... There was another one, I remembered, but I forgot. Damn.
<span class="bold">Dungeons &amp; Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete</span> is 75% off

/ [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete?caff=1961371]&euro;6.24 / &pound;4.99

GamersGate again, and it's a reflink.
Post edited March 30, 2012 by gyokzoli
too late
Post edited March 30, 2012 by grynn
Luisfius: The only reason they were able to have such terrible service and policies is because paypal is /was pretty much a monopoly on that kind of service. Once again, paypal getting competition can only be a good thing for everyone. I hope Amazon payments is accepted more widely on the internet. And Moneybookers. And... There was another one, I remembered, but I forgot. Damn.
so let me get this straight: i should not be able to use PayPal - a service i've been using ever since i've started making online purchases without a single problem - because other people had problems with it? fuck that. i want to use PayPal, that's my choice. competition would mean offering both services, not just the other one.

but that's not really my problem. if Amazon doesn't want my money, fine. it'll go to Valve, GamersGate, GetGames, GOG, etc. none of them have a problem with offering PayPal as a method of payment, along with other options. at least they give me a real choice.
Amazon Digital:

Though i suspect there is Tages in these games.

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 for $9.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WC80JC/ref=pe_160330_23266830_pe_vfe_dt1

Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East $9.99

Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate $7.83

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

Also:
Might & Magic Clash Of Heroes $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O2TTCO/ref=pe_160330_23266830_pe_vfe_dt4
Post edited March 30, 2012 by Paingiver
nijuu: Have to admit, even tho paypal froze there account (and they do that if they are suspicious of high activity), if anyone answered a customer like that agent did, i would fire them straight away. Like WTF. Anyone know where paypal's customer service is actually located?

I think it is in Russia, actually (though they never openly admit it). One of my friends was working in their customer support while physically being located in Moscow. It was basically an overnight job - he worked from evening till morning - as most requests came from USA. I am not sure ALL of its service is here, but at least I know "some" is.
Also, if I am not mistaken PayPal's founder and owner is Russian-American.