It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

spinefarm: Mmm you buy 2 good games and get one more for free... yeah it counts as great .
Pheace: Hey, if you want to keep focusing on that that's fine, that is the purpose after all. Realistically though it's a 33% or less sale. Although I see Lowy's point for the games that don't go cheaper. And the PSN plus can be interesting if you're after that of course.

Guess I'm just used to more since i'm used to PC sales, 33% there isn't anything to get excited about.
My point was that it's a good deal for console guys :) And there some pc titles aswell
Pheace: Hey, if you want to keep focusing on that that's fine, that is the purpose after all. Realistically though it's a 33% or less sale. Although I see Lowy's point for the games that don't go cheaper. And the PSN plus can be interesting if you're after that of course.

Guess I'm just used to more since i'm used to PC sales, 33% there isn't anything to get excited about.
spinefarm: My point was that it's a good deal for console guys :) And there some pc titles aswell
If you're talking about the Amazon.com sale, it's not their best console sale but you can get 3 titles for under 40 USD and that is a good deal since you can pass most of those along to buddies, etc., after you are done.

PC folks always forget the value of passing around games you are done with. Yes, we do it a lot.
Post edited March 28, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: PC folks always forget the value of passing around games you are done with. Yes, we do it a lot.
Although that thought hadn't come up either I was really just feeling it was a low percentage sale. You could still pass them on even if you got them cheaper, but I'm guessing then that doesn't happen often with console games?
orcishgamer: PC folks always forget the value of passing around games you are done with. Yes, we do it a lot.
Pheace: Although that thought hadn't come up either I was really just feeling it was a low percentage sale. You could still pass them on even if you got them cheaper, but I'm guessing then that doesn't happen often with console games?
It happens a lot if you don't have big income :)
Pheace: Although that thought hadn't come up either I was really just feeling it was a low percentage sale. You could still pass them on even if you got them cheaper, but I'm guessing then that doesn't happen often with console games?
Nnnope. And that is pretty much why in the past couple of years I've bought one or two console games while I've acquired a shiiiiiitload of digital distribution games. Particularly steam.
Exceptions? Pretty much just Dark Souls. Which I would gladly rebuy if it gets added on steam or gamersgate.
We pass any games along. It saves money, even among my buddies who have decent paying salaries. They do buy new games too, it's just a better way of "trying it out" or "renting".

There's also online swapmeet sites that let you execute trades for a dollar apiece. They even generate a printable shipping label for you. Not all used game sales are at Gamestop, though the majority of kids do do their trading there.
Post edited March 28, 2012 by orcishgamer
Sheesh guys I was talking about the higher sales ... I was guessing they don't happen a lot xD

Edit: Luisfius got it ^^
Post edited March 28, 2012 by Pheace
Pheace: Sheesh guys I was talking about the higher sales ... I was guessing they don't happen a lot xD

Edit: Luisfius got it ^^
Yes, you can easily get half or 66% off if you wait around. Discounts tend to bottom out at the 10-12 USD price range though.
[url=][/url]Tropico series on sale at GG:

Tropica 4 66% off

Tropico 3 Gold 75% off

Tropico Reloaded 70% off

Tropico Trilogy 70% off

There are also DLCs for T4
Post edited March 29, 2012 by PandaLiang
The other two console games I acquired new were acquired with some sort of discount. One was the new marvel vs capcom. I got a discount by trading in the PREVIOUS version of marvel vs capcom 3. Still expensive though.

The other one was Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, acquired by trading in like 4 other games that I had no plans at all to play in the future. Literally the only full price console game I've acquired in a year is Dark Souls.

i've been spoilt by digital distribution sites. Heavy discounts all the time? New games for less than 30bux? Games released not 6 months ago for 10bux? Goddamn. Got Sonic Generations for 15 bucks while the console version is still over 60 bucks here.
Cheaper games AND they tend to look better than the console versions at times.

Then again I am kind of lying, I did get a couple of ps3 games last year when one could do 5 person splits for psn accounts. It is still possible to do 2 person shares, but it is not as awesome that way.
Luisfius: Got Sonic Generations for 15 bucks while the console version is still over 60 bucks here.
I still wonder why $20 USD Greatest Hits PS2 games sell for $100 up here. And people wonder why I SMUGGLE GAMES INTO MEXICO.
Luisfius: Got Sonic Generations for 15 bucks while the console version is still over 60 bucks here.
Foxhack: I still wonder why $20 USD Greatest Hits PS2 games sell for $100 up here. And people wonder why I SMUGGLE GAMES INTO MEXICO.
Holy shit. That is worse than the prices I see when I go to walmart/whatever for the most part.
Foxhack: I still wonder why $20 USD Greatest Hits PS2 games sell for $100 up here. And people wonder why I SMUGGLE GAMES INTO MEXICO.
Luisfius: Holy shit. That is worse than the prices I see when I go to walmart/whatever for the most part.
WE'RE IN THE BORDER WE CAN AFFORD LUXURY LIKE THIS

Fucking assholes.
Foxhack: And people wonder why I SMUGGLE GAMES INTO MEXICO.
One game at a time I hope... :|
PandaLiang: [url=][/url]Tropico series on sale at GG:

Tropica 4 66% off

Tropico 3 Gold 75% off

Tropico Reloaded 70% off

There are also DLCs for T4
I bought Tropico 3 from Amazon, but I don't have the expansion. Wouldn't getting Absolute Power from GG should still work with my Amazon version?