It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yes, atari week:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=atariweek

wondering about getting UnderGarden, seems relaxing...
gyokzoli: Are you sure these are the GOG versions?

System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 (Not for all Baldur's Gate games)
I've seen quite a few posts that seem to indicate these are kind of reworked Gog versions, just different install locations or something, apparently you can still find some gog stuff in the ini files before it's replaced.

So yeah, mostly it's the same thing it appears, and thus also DRM-free as it mentions. Besides, far as I have read Baldur's gate already prety much worked on Windows 7 without tweaks
Post edited March 15, 2012 by Pheace
amok: Yes, atari week:

You can try the demo on Steam. I've found it quite cool.
amok: Yes, atari week:

gyokzoli: You can try the demo on Steam. I've found it quite cool.
Thanks, I'l try the demo later.

The only thing stopping me is the controls - I heard they are pretty bad and the game is as good as unplayable with mouse and keyboard, is this correct?
gyokzoli: You can try the demo on Steam. I've found it quite cool.
amok: Thanks, I'l try the demo later.

The only thing stopping me is the controls - I heard they are pretty bad and the game is as good as unplayable with mouse and keyboard, is this correct?
You should try Yar's Revenge It's a fun game...
Just got Sengoku & The Book of Unwritten Tales for £1.98 each on game.co.uk

Both very recent and highly rated games, get them before the deal websites find out!
AFnord: Majesty rules
I think, no, i feel Majesty 2 has been russianified. GEM 3 engine is pretty, some improvements are neat, but i feel they just dumbed down the sim aspect and Majesty 2 now is a trial and error RTS with nasty difficulty. Its not that hard(though not really easy even in the way its meant to be played™), the missions are doable, but normally theres a certain way to beat the map(youll figure it out by the 2nd-10th retry :D ), if you try anything else, your doomed. Its like those russian WWII RTS games, its not hard when you memorised the whole bloody map, babysit each end every unit, and use the pause button like it was a turn based game, but otherwise its unwinnable. And the only way rarely includes the basic winning strategy of the first game: build up your kingdom, level your heroes, smash the face of ze dragon. Also the heroes in Majesty 2 are mindless drones, theyll only move or attack if you put a hefty bounty on even the lowliest creature, they wont give a flying f word if your kingdom is getting utterly destroyed.
Oh and bugs, the worst enemy anyone could face in Majesty 2. ;]

The patched "HD" version of Majesty Gold just came out, i would really recommend it over Majesty 2.

Also: "Defenders of Ardania is a next-generation tower defense game set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty." The hell? :O Why did the need the Majesty ip for a random tower defense game?
Well at least its not an FPS.. :D Poor Syndicate. :(

angstrom: I wonder if there is any benefits to getting a material copy of BF3 over a digital copy. I know in the end both requires Origin, but I wonder if the disc can still be used after 1 installation.
No. You _need_ to activate your physical copy of BF3 in the Origin client, and as far as i know, the game will be tied to that account, and it will function as an Origin store bought game after that. So just buy the cheaper version. If you can still find a Limited Edition, it will include the Back to Karkand DLC too.
Post edited March 15, 2012 by p_mamusz
p_mamusz: [
The patched "HD" version of Majesty Gold just came out, i would really recommend it over Majesty 2.

Also: "Defenders of Ardania is a next-generation tower defense game set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty." The hell? :O Why did the need the Majesty ip for a random tower defense game?
Well at least its not an FPS.. :D Poor Syndicate. :(
I spent most of my post explaining why I thought that Majesty 1 was the better game :P I did not find Majesty 2's core campaign to be that difficult though, but its two first expansions, well those were just punishing. Monster Kingdom was a bit nicer to the players, and actually gave you a good fighting chance.

Reviewers seem to enjoy Defenders of Ardania, as far as I can tell. It looks like a game that I would consider buying at 75% off.
dirtyharry50: I notice they have Majesty Gold HD on Steam as well for 10 bucks. The original did better in the review at Gamespot when I checked by quite a bit. Is that still worth it as well or is it obsoleted pretty much by the newer one? I wonder if they didn't highlight these games and put the newer one on sale where there's a new tower defense game release set in the Majesty world that's also on the main page on Steam.
AFnord: I guess they are celebrating the release of Defenders of Ardania by having this sale. Anyway, in regards to the original Majesty titles:
The two games are quite different. While the core ideas are the same, the gameplay is vastly different, and in my opinion, the original game is considerably better. That is not to say that Majesty 2 is a bad game, Majesty 1 is one of my all time favourite RTSs, but it just fails to live up to the glory that is Majesty 1.

The main thing that makes Majesty 1 so much better is hero personalities. All hero classes in Majesty have distinct personalities, and will react very differently to different situations (a brave paladin will stand fast, a cowardly rogue will flee, unless there is a large reward attached to the target, at which point its greed might overcome its common sense, a stupid warrior of discord will usually forget to buy healing potions, not realize that it is horribly wounded and die in battle). In Majesty 2 there is a slight difference in their personalities, but it is not nearly as noticeable, and the heroes also seem to lack any real ability to do things on their own (they will attack things that gets into the base, and from time to time go out and hunt, but in Majesty 1 the rangers would explore the map on their own, rogues would go out and steal from the monster lairs, paladins would hunt down monsters and their lairs, and stupid warriors of discord would challenge dragons and die).
Majesty 1 is also a far more relaxed game, the difficulty goes up as the game goes by, but it never reaches unmanageable levels, and overall I find the game incredibly relaxing to play. Majesty 2's difficulty curve on the other hand is very steep, and its first two expansions are downright brutal. Monster Kingdom eases down a little, and is worth playing, even for someone who is not a die-hard Majesty 2 player.
One thing that Majesty 2 does better is balance. All heroes are worth their price, and as you don't have to make any real choices in regards to what to build (you can have representatives from all different guild types, while in Majesty 1 there are guilds that will exclude other guilds, the forces of order don't want to fight side by side with the forces of discord, barbarians don't like the other religions, elves don't like dwarfs and gnomes, dwarfs don't like elves and gnomes), you don't have to worry about slightly sub-optimal choices. The forces of order are, in single player, better than the forces of discord in Majesty 1. Though not so much better that you can't win by making the "wrong" choice. And your choices in one level won't affect later levels, so don't be afraid of experimenting.
Thanks very much for that detailed feedback. I think I'm going to just wishlist the first game in the series. It'll probably be discounted in the Summer sale on Steam. I don't enjoy brutal difficulty in games. It just puts me off.
Post edited March 15, 2012 by dirtyharry50
PenguinJim: The D&D Anthology Master Collection is on sale at Gamersgate again. These are the GOG versions of these games. :D (But none of the GOG extras)

Baldur's Gate I & II and expansions, Icewind Dale I & II and expansions, and Planescape Torment for ([url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection?caff=2157851]£4.49 in the UK)
gyokzoli: Are you sure these are the GOG versions?

System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 (Not for all Baldur's Gate games)
Yup, I got them myself two weeks ago when they were nearly as cheap. Dammit! No-one told me game prices go down!
Foxhack: New release on Steam:
Wizorb - $2.69 (10% off.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207420/

INSTABOUGHT.
Looks great
Dungeon Siege 3 for 12.49$
A lovely deal
Man, my wallet has taken quite the asswhooping these past few days. These kickstarters and sales. There's another uppercut followed by a well timed bitchslap.
the_bard: Man, my wallet has taken quite the asswhooping these past few days. These kickstarters and sales. There's another uppercut followed by a well timed bitchslap.
My wallet is almost empty within last 6 month...no job...no money :D
Indie Royale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Hard Reset (desura, steam)
Jolly Rover (desura, steam)
Vertex Dispenser (steam)
DLC Quest (desura)
Lair of the Evildoer (desura)
Post edited March 15, 2012 by nagytow