It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New release on Steam:
Wizorb - $2.69 (10% off.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207420/

INSTABOUGHT.
Foxhack: New release on Steam:

INSTABOUGHT.
Costs 8100 RUB here (around 270 USD). Instabuy, indeed. So cheap....

INSTABOUGHT.
Same. The only reason I did not get it on release at gamersgate is because they said it was going to be added to steam.

And then it gets added CHEAPER than the gamersgate version, hell yes.
didamangi: Neverwinter Nights™ 2 (Mac) $0.99 on Gamersgate.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NWN2M/neverwinter-nights-2-mac
I would not recmmend that, even for $1. Asyprs GameAgent DRM is as at least bad as UBISOFT

http://www.gameagent.com/store/aspyr/ContentTheme/pbPage.GameAgent

Quote:
"Can I switch to a new machine and still have my games?
With all standard orders, installs are permitted on 2 machines, with 2 activations available between those 2 machines. Unfortunately, you cannot deauthorize a machine once the game has been activated and move it to another machine."

Such DRM just needs to die.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by dyscode

INSTABOUGHT.
Luisfius: Same. The only reason I did not get it on release at gamersgate is because they said it was going to be added to steam.

And then it gets added CHEAPER than the gamersgate version, hell yes.
Wasn't it available for a dollar just shortly ago when Indievania opened?
dyscode: Quote:
"Can I switch to a new machine and still have my games?
With all standard orders, installs are permitted on 2 machines, with 2 activations available between those 2 machines. Unfortunately, you cannot deauthorize a machine once the game has been activated and move it to another machine."
Ouch. Fortunately, GamesGate guarantees to supply you with new keys for all games you bought from them, so in this case the DRM is somewhat less restrictive in practice. It's still a hassle though, and key replacement can easily take some days.

In any case, each game bought with such a DRM scheme adds support to this scheme, so I don't disagree with you.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by Psyringe
dirtyharry50: This looks pretty neat. I'd appreciate some opinions, feedback, etc. on the game and is the DLC good to get with it?
Tizzysawr: The game is fun, though at some point the difficulty curve becomes very steep. It isn't too deep, but it's easy to spend several hours with it at least without it getting annoying.

As for the DLC I'm not sure. I have it, but haven't gotten into it.

EDIT:

Another deal by Amazon Digital:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, $19.99 (50% off)
I notice they have Majesty Gold HD on Steam as well for 10 bucks. The original did better in the review at Gamespot when I checked by quite a bit. Is that still worth it as well or is it obsoleted pretty much by the newer one? I wonder if they didn't highlight these games and put the newer one on sale where there's a new tower defense game release set in the Majesty world that's also on the main page on Steam.

INSTABOUGHT.
Thanks for the heads up on this one. It looks great. I'll be picking it up also.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by dirtyharry50
Tizzysawr: The game is fun, though at some point the difficulty curve becomes very steep. It isn't too deep, but it's easy to spend several hours with it at least without it getting annoying.

EDIT:

dirtyharry50: I notice they have Majesty Gold HD on Steam as well for 10 bucks. The original did better in the review at Gamespot when I checked by quite a bit. Is that still worth it as well or is it obsoleted pretty much by the newer one? I wonder if they didn't highlight these games and put the newer one on sale where there's a new tower defense game release set in the Majesty world that's also on the main page on Steam.

INSTABOUGHT.
dirtyharry50: Thanks for the heads up on this one. It looks great. I'll be picking it up also.
Well this is confusing. Never noticed Majesty Gold HD before, weird thing is when I go to the store page it says I have it.

I have the Gold version, but not HD. Check out if you get HD by just buying Gold (which is 4.50 euro/$).

Edit: It looks like they replaced it with a new HD version completely and thus doubled the price. Good thing they did it, because it had severe compability issues with DirectDraw and they were selling a non functioning game.
Still it's worth it, as I see even some new content made it into the update.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by DodoGeo
Psyringe: Wasn't it available for a dollar just shortly ago when Indievania opened?
I dunno.

BUT IT HAS STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS ZOMG
Foxhack: BUT IT HAS STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS ZOMG
Everytime I see a comment like this I spend ages trying to figure out if you are being enthusiastic or sarcastic....
Psyringe: Wasn't it available for a dollar just shortly ago when Indievania opened?
Foxhack: I dunno.

BUT IT HAS STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS ZOMG
It also has cloudsaving, which might just sell this game for me. As I can play it on the go with my netbook, at home and at work.

EDIT:

dirtyharry50: I notice they have Majesty Gold HD on Steam as well for 10 bucks. The original did better in the review at Gamespot when I checked by quite a bit. Is that still worth it as well or is it obsoleted pretty much by the newer one? I wonder if they didn't highlight these games and put the newer one on sale where there's a new tower defense game release set in the Majesty world that's also on the main page on Steam.
I guess they are celebrating the release of Defenders of Ardania by having this sale. Anyway, in regards to the original Majesty titles:
The two games are quite different. While the core ideas are the same, the gameplay is vastly different, and in my opinion, the original game is considerably better. That is not to say that Majesty 2 is a bad game, Majesty 1 is one of my all time favourite RTSs, but it just fails to live up to the glory that is Majesty 1.

The main thing that makes Majesty 1 so much better is hero personalities. All hero classes in Majesty have distinct personalities, and will react very differently to different situations (a brave paladin will stand fast, a cowardly rogue will flee, unless there is a large reward attached to the target, at which point its greed might overcome its common sense, a stupid warrior of discord will usually forget to buy healing potions, not realize that it is horribly wounded and die in battle). In Majesty 2 there is a slight difference in their personalities, but it is not nearly as noticeable, and the heroes also seem to lack any real ability to do things on their own (they will attack things that gets into the base, and from time to time go out and hunt, but in Majesty 1 the rangers would explore the map on their own, rogues would go out and steal from the monster lairs, paladins would hunt down monsters and their lairs, and stupid warriors of discord would challenge dragons and die).
Majesty 1 is also a far more relaxed game, the difficulty goes up as the game goes by, but it never reaches unmanageable levels, and overall I find the game incredibly relaxing to play. Majesty 2's difficulty curve on the other hand is very steep, and its first two expansions are downright brutal. Monster Kingdom eases down a little, and is worth playing, even for someone who is not a die-hard Majesty 2 player.
One thing that Majesty 2 does better is balance. All heroes are worth their price, and as you don't have to make any real choices in regards to what to build (you can have representatives from all different guild types, while in Majesty 1 there are guilds that will exclude other guilds, the forces of order don't want to fight side by side with the forces of discord, barbarians don't like the other religions, elves don't like dwarfs and gnomes, dwarfs don't like elves and gnomes), you don't have to worry about slightly sub-optimal choices. The forces of order are, in single player, better than the forces of discord in Majesty 1. Though not so much better that you can't win by making the "wrong" choice. And your choices in one level won't affect later levels, so don't be afraid of experimenting.
If I get BF3 should I get a physical copy or a digital copy? I'm certain the physical copy requires one to log into Origin anyways before it can be used, so is there any advantage to it?

Also maps like Wake Island and Karkland aren't included in the standard BF3, they require the DLC, am I correct?
SimonG: It also has cloudsaving, which might just sell this game for me. As I can play it on the go with my netbook, at home and at work.
The achievements are kinda borked though, they only seem to register on Steam after you quit and restart the game.
Europa Universalis Series on sale at GamersGate, 75% off.
They've been adding quite a few titles recently. Hopefully they have a Serious Sam sale soon as I missed the last one steam had.