It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Etdn: Why do the s[/url]creenshots of Icewind Dale seem like they are taken from GOG(Char names are all GOG_)? Also do you need to download a client for gamersgate or is it just browser downloading?
Because they are. And no, there is no client. You download a small, game-specific .exe which downloads the game's regular installer package.
FiatLux: Yeah ! , and the GG version is DRM free too , imagine I bought the equivalent at of the GG "Dungeons & Dragons Anthology The Master Collection" at GOG.com at a sale with a handsome discount and still the GG offer here is like even half the price compared to what I had to pay GOG for the same games at their bundle sale.....!!!!
Etdn: Why do the screenshots of Icewind Dale seem like they are taken from GOG(Char names are all GOG_)? Also do you need to download a client for gamersgate or is it just browser downloading?
Each GG game (or eventually as "game pack") has its own downloader. What you download is a file that is named after the game and that will download and install the game. GG does not deliver save forever ready to run /install game files like GOG , if you want to reinstall you will have to restart the downloader for the game even though that you may not have deleted (or moved) the downloaded install files..... (so GOG versions are far superior with respect to that!!!)
So reinstall requires an internet connection.
Also some games GamersGate sells like e.g. "A game of thrones: Genesis" is actually a Steam Game so you need Steam for that as it says on the game page :
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GOTG/a-game-of-thrones-genesis
(With respect to Steam games from GG then you might be able to "redeem" the serial or whatever in the Steam interface and let the Steam client do the installing and downloading)
Post edited February 27, 2012 by FiatLux
I was gonna give away some games from GG's D&D pack but they aren't separate :(
grynn: I was gonna give away some games from GG's D&D pack but they aren't separate :(
Was that really a surprise?
grynn: I was gonna give away some games from GG's D&D pack but they aren't separate :(
Pheace: Was that really a surprise?
I didn't even check out its info, just insta-got it :p Yeah it isn't really a surprise after checking the store page.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by grynn
Yeah the GG thing downloads a hefty 10 gigs installer, and it is all the games in one go.

I guess I could save the installer, save it on a bunch of rars and back it up on a couple dvds for storage, but that is gonna be kind of a pain in the ass, haha. Same with Medieval 2 Total Warfare (which was ALSO a pain in the ass to install, but manageable, eh). Still, less than 6 bucks for all the infinity engine games AND ToEE? Damn good deal. Even if that means I have now repeats on physical media AND GOG.
Luisfius: Yeah the GG thing downloads a hefty 10 gigs installer, and it is all the games in one go.

I guess I could save the installer, save it on a bunch of rars and back it up on a couple dvds for storage, but that is gonna be kind of a pain in the ass, haha. Same with Medieval 2 Total Warfare (which was ALSO a pain in the ass to install, but manageable, eh). Still, less than 6 bucks for all the infinity engine games AND ToEE? Damn good deal. Even if that means I have now repeats on physical media AND GOG.
It's better to put it on a backup drive.. I bought WD 1.5TB external HDD for $70 during Christmas time on Amazon... such a good deal and now I can backup whatever I want.
Luisfius: Yeah the GG thing downloads a hefty 10 gigs installer, and it is all the games in one go.

tomhrxbfg: It's better to put it on a backup drive.. I bought WD 1.5TB external HDD for $70 during Christmas time on Amazon... such a good deal and now I can backup whatever I want.
Yeah. Having backup drives is always a good idea.
Also, neat, the D&D collection installer already comes in a bunch of .rars, which is always neat. Will just copy those to another folder before finishing the installation, still less convenient than the GOG packaging (all in one bunch, damn) but still better than having one giant-ass installer.
Can't see the daily yet but on my wishlist The Guild 2 Renaissance is -75% on Steam so I guess that might be it. Does seem likely since it's also on sale elsewhere I believe.

*poof* and there it is, The Guild 2 -75%
Post edited February 27, 2012 by Pheace
Pheace: Can't see the daily yet but on my wishlist The Guild 2 Renaissance is -75% on Steam so I guess that might be it. Does seem likely since it's also on sale elsewhere I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the latest expansion (which happens to be Renaissance) contains everything that came before it, right?
Pheace: Can't see the daily yet but on my wishlist The Guild 2 Renaissance is -75% on Steam so I guess that might be it. Does seem likely since it's also on sale elsewhere I believe.

You trying to tell me that the most awesome game on existence is on sale on Steam?

It's like they don't want us to use our coupons on specials. Blargh. :P
Foxhack: It's like they don't want us to use our coupons on specials. Blargh. :P
Actually Nordic Games coupons stack with this one, best coupon cuts it down another 50% :)

Tizzysawr: You trying to tell me that the most awesome game on existence is on sale on Steam?
Actually there are at least 3 Guild games on sale on Steam :
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=The+Guild

P.S.
Save even more . buy it as a collection :
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4829/
Post edited February 27, 2012 by FiatLux
I don't have any Guild 2 game and I do have the Nordic 50% off. What should I buy if I just want the best version? The collection for €5 (€2.50 after discount) or just one of the games? I'm honestly confused what is an expansion and what is not.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by bazilisek