It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Game Of Thrones: Genesis is 75% off at GG, it needs Steam to run.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by grynn
I think it must be DRM free. It was drm free when bought it for the same price during the dotemu sale. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same on GG.

In any event, less than impressed with the Runaway series. Bad puzzles, too many cut scenes to move the story.
Faery Legends of Avalon is also 50% off now (£5.98 here). It looks a bit interesting - has anyone tried it? Is it worth £6 from my children inheritance?
amok: Faery Legends of Avalon is also 50% off now (£5.98 here). It looks a bit interesting - has anyone tried it? Is it worth £6 from my children inheritance?
It is, to be frank, not a very good game. It had some nice ideas, but between the boring JRPG-but with less strategy combat and awkward controls I just could not get into it.
I did not get very far into it though.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by AFnord
grynn: A Game Of Thrones: Genesis is 75% off at GG, it needs Steam to run.
I've heard that this game is awful. Even one of the tester told me that he could hardly find any good thing in this game.
GamersGate has Dawn of Fantasy for 7.49 $/€. I know nothing about that game except that it's an MMORTS.

Despite the 75% off the deal probably isn't all that good, considering that IGN is currently giving the game away for free to its Prime subscribers (and those who are testing that service).
Psyringe: GamersGate has Dawn of Fantasy for 7.49 $/€. I know nothing about that game except that it's an MMORTS.

Despite the 75% off the deal probably isn't all that good, considering that IGN is currently giving the game away for free to its Prime subscribers (and those who are testing that service).
Gameplay is similar to standard rts, but is mmo (there was a game called Saga, and this game bears a close resemblance (that game featured orcs, undead and humans if I remember correctly, this one doesn't have undead... not that I have seen so far anyway).

The game is still in beta and it shows; there are some minor bugs here and there sometimes, but nothing that has caused the game to terminate or anything.

Graphics are mediocre; I have an Ati 4650 HD 1GB DDR3 and 2 Gb DDR3 Ram and although I run this at high settings, the graphics are not spectacular, at all. They are not poor either. Mediocre would be the best way to describe it. Looks a lot like Saga actually.

I am going to go into the MMo side of things soon so my experience may change during online play (as the disclaimer suggests) :P

My verdict would be: get it if you want to play an MMORTS game and don't have one. If you can get an IGN key, even better. Otherwise, not worth 7.50 just for the game (but supporting devs so that they can make better games in the future is another thing).

There were some unused ones flying around, I can try to get one for someone who wants it (no assurances though as they may have been used up already).
grynn: A Game Of Thrones: Genesis is 75% off at GG, it needs Steam to run.
gyokzoli: I've heard that this game is awful. Even one of the tester told me that he could hardly find any good thing in this game.
It is quite bad and that's a shame since the source material is excellent. There are dozens of games more worth your money and I wouldn't pay more than 2 € for this.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by Jonni
I got that game for $2 and I still think it was not that good deal. Could be worse, I could have gotten Stronghold 3 ;)
Post edited February 27, 2012 by nagytow
nagytow: I got that game for $2 and I still think it was not that good deal. Could be worse, I could have gotten Stronghold 3 ;)
how on earth...? you seem to be quite the deal expert lol :P seriously, how did u?
gyokzoli: I've heard that this game is awful. Even one of the tester told me that he could hardly find any good thing in this game.
Jonni: It is quite bad and that's a shame since the source material is excellent. There are dozens of games more worth your money and I wouldn't pay more than 2 € for this.
when u say source material are you referring to the programming source code or the story?
Post edited February 27, 2012 by abolat
abolat: when u say source material are you referring to the programming source code or the story?
I'm 99.9% sure that he meant the novels (and the rest of the franchise that was spawned by them).
Psyringe: I'm 99.9% sure that he meant the novels (and the rest of the franchise that was spawned by them).
You would be correct.
Psyringe: I'm 99.9% sure that he meant the novels (and the rest of the franchise that was spawned by them).
Jonni: You would be correct.
ah :) well for me the story part is actually a given; I was more hoping it was the programming in that they provided an extensive modding tool for us and you could modify the game to get it into a more usable state... like a total conversion mod...
Sinizine: Sort of sacrilege given GoG's current sale but Gamersgate just upped the ante: D&D collection for 7 USD. Both Baldurs, both Icewinds, ToEE, and Planescape Torment.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection?caff=3884871

Even cheaper if you got the 15 percent off from IGN Prime.
taczillabr: This. is. crazyness.

I paid like $8 for only PS:T and ToEE. Oh well.
Yeah ! , and the GG version is DRM free too , imagine I bought the equivalent at of the GG "Dungeons & Dragons Anthology The Master Collection" at GOG.com at a sale with a handsome discount and still the GG offer here is like even half the price compared to what I had to pay GOG for the same games at their bundle sale.....!!!!
taczillabr: This. is. crazyness.

I paid like $8 for only PS:T and ToEE. Oh well.
FiatLux: Yeah ! , and the GG version is DRM free too , imagine I bought the equivalent at of the GG "Dungeons & Dragons Anthology The Master Collection" at GOG.com at a sale with a handsome discount and still the GG offer here is like even half the price compared to what I had to pay GOG for the same games at their bundle sale.....!!!!
Why do the screenshots of Icewind Dale seem like they are taken from GOG(Char names are all GOG_)? Also do you need to download a client for gamersgate or is it just browser downloading?