It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

korell: So, Mirror's Edge has third party activation DRM on Steam. Anyone got any experiences of this?
I have Steam Mirror's Edge and didn't have to online activate (as far as I can tell). After downloading from Steam, I went into offline mode, disconnected from internet, and it launched and played fine. I think it's under "EA account required" on the Big List because account is required for (optional) online features like time trial
I've never played Mirror's Edge but everyone who has keeps telling me to not buy this game on Steam because Steam version is incompatible with DLC which is apparently awesome and is one of the best parts of the game.
nagytow: I've never played Mirror's Edge but everyone who has keeps telling me to not buy this game on Steam because Steam version is incompatible with DLC which is apparently awesome and is one of the best parts of the game.
You can register it on Origin though ...
nagytow: I've never played Mirror's Edge but everyone who has keeps telling me to not buy this game on Steam because Steam version is incompatible with DLC which is apparently awesome and is one of the best parts of the game.
nmillar: You can register it on Origin though ...
I didn't get a CD key when I bought the game on steam, so I don't see how I could register it on Origin.
How? It doesn't give me a key.
SimonG: How? It doesn't give me a key.
Find it in the registry.
SimonG: How? It doesn't give me a key.
nmillar: Find it in the registry.
AFAIK there is no key for Mirror's Edge in the registry.
gyokzoli: AFAIK there is no key for Mirror's Edge in the registry.
Ah, in that case you can try contacting EA support - if you're lucky and get one of their guys in a good mood, they'll give you an activation key for Origin. If at first you don't succeed, then try again. ;)
I heard some games have it though... not sure which ones...
abolat: I heard some games have it though... not sure which ones...
DA:O Ultimate Edition, Dead Space 2 are the ones I got. Might be more, maybe whe should make a thread here ...
On the subject of Origin, am I the only one incredibly annoyed that they language lock the service based on your IP? I simply refuse to use it until they give me the option to use the service in English. Same thing with the Microsoft store.
Yes, for example Dead Space 1 key can be found in the registry.
thebum06: On the subject of Origin, am I the only one incredibly annoyed that they language lock the service based on your IP? I simply refuse to use it until they give me the option to use the service in English. Same thing with the Microsoft store.
I don't understand, I can use Origin in English no matter where I'm. I mean both the website and the client.
Post edited February 24, 2012 by gyokzoli
gyokzoli: Yes, for example Dead Space 1 key can be found in the registry.
thebum06: On the subject of Origin, am I the only one incredibly annoyed that they language lock the service based on your IP? I simply refuse to use it until they give me the option to use the service in English. Same thing with the Microsoft store.
gyokzoli: I don't understand, I can use Origin in English no matter where I'm. I mean both the website and the client.
That's weird, I get no option to do so and their customer support told me that this was intentional.
gyokzoli: Yes, for example Dead Space 1 key can be found in the registry.
Ok so that is DS 1, DS 2 and DA:O Ultimate so far...
My Origin client is in english. Or what excactly do you mean?