It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Getcomposted: Is it just me, or is HumbleBundle devaluing its brand with these awful bundles for their supposedly flagship model?
Cyraxpt: Actually it's more of the whole industry than only Humble Bundle, Steam used to have great deals (-75%) but now they prefer to publicize the games during the sales and previous games that had i higher discount, let's say -75%, now only have something like -33 ~ -50%,
I'd be very curious what their sales data looks like. The deep-discount era may indeed be coming to an end, or they may just be testing the waters of alternate strategies, or any number of possibles.

Personally for me, the deep discount era, at least for a while, led to me spending more money overall and buying a lot (a lot) of games that now primarily just look nice on my virtual bookshelf, both games I might have bought anyway, but probably moreso it enabled a lot of impulse buying.

I think I bought 11 games just during Double Insomnia ($45 or so), and in the intervening year I've only really 'dealt with' 3-4 of them (1-2 donated, 1 completed, 1 mostly completed then abandoned). Without the sale I probably would've spent $15-20, maybe, eventually.

I do likewise still find some good, deep discounts on the various platforms, they just require a bit more patience and we're not overwhelmed with steep cuts on top games all the time. That might not be such a bad thing, all in all.
PraetorianWolfie: I tapped out after this month.

The games that have been included so far, have been good to great for my taste (well most of them anyway), but unfortunately I've already owned most those titles and/or wasn't considering playing some of the rest of the offered titles any time soon.

Since it is a subscription based thing, It would also be great (and more trustworthy/ straightforward of them) if they didn't do the whole "look, you will get this game for sure but the rest are a SURPISE! Will you get a good game? A game in your wishlist? A game that -even though it's critically acclaimed- it really is not your jam and you will never touch? Will you get a stinker? Who knows? It's a mystery! Oooooooooh". And the "this game for sure" is an improvement only recently added -since February's monthly.

Don't even know how this mostly-blind faith-based subscripition model can be viable, once the initial curiosity about the HB Monthy inavoidably dwindles.
The only reason to sell people a product without telling them what it is first, is because you'll sell more of the product to people than if you just told them what it is up front. Think about it. If they would sell more copies by telling people what they get at that price, then they'd tell everyone because they'd want to sell even more copies. But they know they'll sell more to people who are willing to "gamble" sight unseen, knowing some people will be happy after and others will be disappointed.

It's predatory marketing at its finest IMHO.
Hey i got a wishlist email saying that the white march season pass for pillars of eternity went on sale, but I'm not seeing it marked down. Can anyone tell me if they've seen it marked down or am i too late?

Edit: Nevermind, faulty fucking advertising. It's the base game that's discounted. What a let down.
Attachments:
untitled.png (319 Kb)
Post edited February 17, 2016 by ra3000
bler144: Snip
I think it all comes down to how developers/publishers predict their sucess, while there's a mentality of "indie games should cost 10~15€" you can see the prices rising to + 20€, i suppose that it would come to trying to sell the game at that price for the more gaming enthusiast and a while after getting to that sweet spot (usually -33%) that most gamers perceive as the price the game should be until eventually gets to the -50% months later.

I share your opinion, i wouldn't have bought so many games if they weren't so cheap but i also understand their "detoxification" process, it comes down to the quality of their product, if it's good enough to justify a higher price then they're all good but if it's something that really doesn't stand out of the rest of the games then they really have to make it somehow more appealing (aka better sale price).
ra3000: Hey i got a wishlist email saying that the white march season pass for pillars of eternity went on sale, but I'm not seeing it marked down. Can anyone tell me if they've seen it marked down or am i too late?
I didn't get that email (and i'm suppose you're talking about gog) but the second part of the White March just come out so they did a promotion of -50% for the game, not the expansions.

http://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&search=pillars%20of%20eternity&page=1
Post edited February 17, 2016 by Cyraxpt
Indiegala Hump Day #17 (Mega Bundle)

$1 for

- Space Drifters 2D
- Adventures of Shuggy
- The Extinction

$2.99 for (first 24h)

- Space Pilgrim Episode One: Alpha Centauri
- BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition
- Sword 'N' Board
- Teslagrad
- PixelJunk Eden
- Dwarfs!?
- The Ball
- Mines of Mars
- The Deer God
Post edited February 17, 2016 by mchack
And here i thought that game had die a deserving death after the kajillion bundles it had been in over the years...
Niggles: And here i thought that game had die a deserving death after the kajillion bundles it had been in over the years...
Heck, can't even give it away on Steamgifts as it has been given away for free before...
<span class="bold">Gunslugs 2</span> is the new IGS deal

DRM-Free, Steam / Win, Mac, Linux

BTA for Gunslugs
Post edited February 18, 2016 by madth3
Well, i was promised 50€ for this...

Ahem...

Humble Weekly Bundle Orbyt

Pwyw

Ink
Speedrunners
Divekick

BTA

Grim Fandango Remastered
Dead State: Reanimated

Pay $8

Party Hard

Pay $26

Stupid tshirt
Cyraxpt: Well, i was promised 50€ for this...

Ahem...

Humble Weekly Bundle Orbyt

Pwyw

Ink
Speedrunners
Divekick

BTA

Grim Fandango Remastered

[...]
That BTA looks like a pretty good deal, and I think I only have Divekick from the PWYW.
(Looks like despite the non-standard wording, the normal $1 for Steam keys in the base tier is still a thing. Guess they just wanted to mix it up a bit this week. =P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Oh, and the Indiegala Sacred Metro Bundle is live!

Pay $6.99 to get:
- Metro 2033 Redux
- Sacred 2 Gold

Pay $12.49 to also get:
- Metro: Last Light Redux
- Sacred 3 Gold
- Sacred Citadel
- Sacred Citadel: Jungle Hunt

All games delivered via Steam. Metro games work on Windows, Linux, and Mac, while Sacred games are for Windows only.
Post edited February 18, 2016 by expopower
Already have Grim Fandango, so another wet fart of a bundle as far as I'm concerned.
same
Already have State of Decay and i rather play party hard on my console so it's meh for me. I'm under the impression that this bundle hass less games than usual but also a lower price for the top tier (not counting the tshirt one).
Post edited February 18, 2016 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: BTA

Grim Fandango Remastered

[...]
expopower: That BTA looks like a pretty good deal, and I think I only have Divekick from the PWYW.
(Looks like despite the non-standard wording, the normal $1 for Steam keys in the base tier is still a thing. Guess they just wanted to mix it up a bit this week. =P)
BTA is under $3, for interested parties.
Cyraxpt: Already have State of Decay and i rather play party hard on my console so it's meh for me. I'm under the impression that this bundle hass less games than usual but also a lower price for the top tier (not counting the tshirt one).
It is "Dead State: Reanimated", not "State of Decay"... and for less than $3 the BTA tier is a must!