It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: do you really need to post that THQ mega-pack every single day? Do you work on commission?

do Amazon use aff links, by the way?
gameon: I've been thinking this for a while now. I have admitted to using ref links, but now if i do post one, i make it clear i have done so.

But that was never to an extent as this guys posts. I honestly hand picked titles out myself, where as that guy looks as if he's just posting the entire days special deals, lol.
I actually don't mind him doing that to be honest. Saves multiple people posting the same thing over and over ;).
nijuu: I actually don't mind him doing that to be honest. Saves multiple people posting the same thing over and over ;).
And it saves having to dig back through posts to find deals mentioned previously.
nijuu: I actually don't mind him doing that to be honest. Saves multiple people posting the same thing over and over ;).
Coelocanth: And it saves having to dig back through posts to find deals mentioned previously.
well.. if he stopped posting the same deal over and over, there would not be anything to dig through...
amok: well.. if he stopped posting the same deal over and over, there would not be anything to dig through...
Yes, there would. Discussion on Amazon deals goes on all the time. The thread gets longer with more pages, and if he didn't repost the entire deal, you'd have to dig back to find it. Honestly though, what's the big deal if he posts it again within a post he's already making?
amok: well.. if he stopped posting the same deal over and over, there would not be anything to dig through...
Coelocanth: Yes, there would. Discussion on Amazon deals goes on all the time. The thread gets longer with more pages, and if he didn't repost the entire deal, you'd have to dig back to find it. Honestly though, what's the big deal if he posts it again within a post he's already making?
It's like marketing. Once in a while it's not so bad, but it's kind of like those e-mail alerts from various companies that almost shove the info down your throat. It's like a daily occurence. Not even the official Amazon rep posts like that.
Coelocanth: Yes, there would. Discussion on Amazon deals goes on all the time. The thread gets longer with more pages, and if he didn't repost the entire deal, you'd have to dig back to find it. Honestly though, what's the big deal if he posts it again within a post he's already making?
because it is getting a little bit to much... it is the same deal over and over and over and over. I swear he started posting it a week or two ago.

Do you really need to see it every single day? Are you not been made aware of it yet?

Posting one time - good information, twice - OK, may catch someone who did not get it the first day, three times - may be getting a little much, but OK for safety.... but every single day? it is really pointless and just starting to become spam.

It is no longer a thread to make people aware of good deals, but a place to spam the same link (is it an aff link?) over and over and over.

... I think I need to go bed soon...
lordnelson7: Fortis Rex: Rise Of The King

It's on Kickstarter now but you can help support it and you can get really great stuff like your name and face in the game, or you can design your own village and name it!
gyokzoli: I don't get it. Why would I want my name and face in a computer game?
Dude, why wouldn't you want that, "and a Sexy OrcishGamer appears!"?
Well, it is posted in right tread and it is news, because, today Amazon rep announced that they might pull down THQ games, so he is doing good thing to post here.
Madmate: Well, it is posted in right tread and it is news, because, today Amazon rep announced that they might pull down THQ games, so he is doing good thing to post here.
But this post already told us that...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post35059
Madmate: Well, it is posted in right tread and it is news, because, today Amazon rep announced that they might pull down THQ games, so he is doing good thing to post here.
gameon: But this post already told us that...

Yes, and he added what can be bought now at sale. I don't see what is strange. Right post in right thread. What was yesterday in gaming deals was yesterday.
Post edited January 23, 2013 by Madmate
gameon: But this post already told us that...

Madmate: Yes, and he added what can be bought now at sale. I don't see what is strange. Right post in right thread. What was yesterday in gaming deals was yesterday.
You don't think that posting every day multiple links for amazon games isn't a bit too much?

When i posted links, people were basically on a witch hunt for me to change/stop posting them. How come this other guy is now treated like he can post as much as he likes, when he likes?
gameon: You don't think that posting every day multiple links for amazon games isn't a bit too much?

When i posted links, people were basically on a witch hunt for me to change/stop posting them. How come this other guy is now treated like he can post as much as he likes, when he likes?
I don't know why that happened to you. I find your posts fine and helpful, but I'm referring in this case. This guy even added info about who bought which franchise. That was news for me. And what's wrong even if it is Amazon salesman himself. Aren't they allowed on GOG forums? They posts regularly on CAG and reddit without problems.
Most info I get about gaming is from this forum so every post with news is helpful. Threads open on last page and I don't have time to dig them up.
Coelocanth: And it saves having to dig back through posts to find deals mentioned previously.
Agreed, hope he keeps posting, I'm lazy and it's not like duplicate information is even within 3-5 pages back most of the time.
gameon: You don't think that posting every day multiple links for amazon games isn't a bit too much?

Madmate: I don't know why that happened to you. I find your posts fine and helpful, but I'm referring in this case. This guy even added info about who bought which franchise. That was news for me. And what's wrong even if it is Amazon salesman himself. Aren't they allowed on GOG forums? They posts regularly on CAG and reddit without problems.
Most info I get about gaming is from this forum so every post with news is helpful. Threads open on last page and I don't have time to dig them up.
I personaly get a bit sick of seeing the same deal posted over and over again. News, yes, bring it on. Spam? no. It is no longer news when it is the same deal posted for the what? 10'th time? The first couple of times, then it is news.
Madmate: I don't know why that happened to you. I find your posts fine and helpful, but I'm referring in this case. This guy even added info about who bought which franchise. That was news for me. And what's wrong even if it is Amazon salesman himself. Aren't they allowed on GOG forums? They posts regularly on CAG and reddit without problems.
amok: I personaly get a bit sick of seeing the same deal posted over and over again. News, yes, bring it on. Spam? no. It is no longer news when it is the same deal posted for the what? 10'th time? The first couple of times, then it is news.
There's probably a lot of lurkers that do not check threads quite so religiously... In fact, going by the general usage of most forums, they're actually far more numerous than us.