It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: HD, 3D, I don't understand the hype.
grviper: Selling same shit 2 or 3 times with minimal extra investment, riding on the coattails of a successful franchise.
The Strangers Wrath one just replaces the previous version at no extra cost though.
ne_zavarj:
dyscode: BTW:
New Bundle : Deep Space
http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

DRM Free, no Steam, Desura etc codes.
This bundle contains two Steam codes (SOL and Space Giraffe) and several Desura codes
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Asbeau
grviper: Selling same shit 2 or 3 times with minimal extra investment, riding on the coattails of a successful franchise.
Luisfius: The Strangers Wrath one just replaces the previous version at no extra cost though.
SW one HD remake out of dozens in the past few years.
Luisfius: The Strangers Wrath one just replaces the previous version at no extra cost though.
grviper: SW one HD remake out of dozens in the past few years.
Well, Majesty HD just replaced the non-HD version I had bought at GamersGate as well.

While HD versions undeniably _can_ be exploited the way you mentioned, I think they are often a good way to rekindle the interest in a product, especially among younger folks who might be turned off by low density graphics.
Psyringe: Well, Majesty HD just replaced the non-HD version I had bought at GamersGate as well.
*checks game library*
Holy snap!

Psyringe: low density graphics.
You must be really old, if HD still stands for High Density for you :) It's a 3.5 inch floppy era term.
grviper: You must be really old, if HD still stands for High Density for you :) It's a 3.5 inch floppy era term.
I'm actually old enough to remember the times when even low density floppies were a luxury. As you can see, I sometimes mix up the terminology, sorry for that. I _did_ mean "low definition". :)
Psyringe: Well, Majesty HD just replaced the non-HD version I had bought at GamersGate as well.
grviper: *checks game library*
Holy snap!

grviper: You must be really old, if HD still stands for High Density for you :) It's a 3.5 inch floppy era term.
Hmmm... Quad Density is also from the floppy era and now we have 4k screens. There may be a connection.

Edit: *gets pair of scissors and attempts to double resolution of screen*
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Snickersnack
grviper: SW one HD remake out of dozens in the past few years.
Also, here at GOG, the Broken Sword games. THat was an awesome move by GOG, and I appreciate it. On other places, VVVVVVV got replaced from a flash version to a c++ one. Shame that Binding of Isaac WILL require rebuying.
Holy snap!
I wouldn't say "just", though. It wasn't too recently. No later than the 21st of last month, anyway. That's when I happened to notice it. There doesn't seem to be any way to redownload the non-HD version anymore, so I've just kept the both of them archived. :P
Metro 2033 is on sale for $3.98 at green man gaming. Activates on steam.
maycett: Metro 2033 is on sale for $3.98 at green man gaming. Activates on steam.
Requires Steam, you mean... ;)
Holy snap!
Skunk: I wouldn't say "just", though. It wasn't too recently. No later than the 21st of last month, anyway. That's when I happened to notice it. There doesn't seem to be any way to redownload the non-HD version anymore, so I've just kept the both of them archived. :P
I meant "just" in the sense of "simply", not in the sense of "right now". Re-reading my statement, I can see that it's very easy to misunderstand, sorry for that.

The switch to the HD version was made several months ago, I downloaded the HD version on May 24th. (And I also kept the non-HD version for archiving purposes. :) ).
New indieroyale is out: http://www.indieroyale.com/
maycett: New indieroyale is out: http://www.indieroyale.com/
Swords and Soldiers HD + DLC
Lunar Flight
Bunny Must Die!
Sequence
Flying Red Barrel
QLione
Cute Things Dying Violently (+OST)
Two Worlds II Castle Defense is 50% off, costs 4.98 euros "other DRM":

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TW2CD/two-worlds-ii-castle-defense?caff=5969452