It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pheace: The Guild is one of those series where there's little to no point in owning all the separate games, just the last one suffices.
I strongly object to this. I really like the first one with its expansion (unfortunately, I never got the multiplayer part to work with Win7), in contrast to its sequel, which I find rather crappy. Too much lifesim and badly balanced aspects (like murdering all competitors with your bandits on the road). Never tried the expansions to Guild2, no idea if things got better.
Was it Amazon's Farewell to February Sale that got the off-topic conversation started?

Velvet Assassin is on sale for $1.24 and From Dust is under $5. Does anyone have an opinion on these games at this price point?
csmith: Was it Amazon's Farewell to February Sale that got the off-topic conversation started?

Velvet Assassin is on sale for $1.24 and From Dust is under $5. Does anyone have an opinion on these games at this price point?
From Dust is a great game as long as you remember 2 points 1.It was an experiment 2. It's designed for consoles. The game play is interesting in a sandpit kind of way and in working out your own solutions to a level (I've seen 10 people play level 3 and seen 10 different solutions for example)
Velvet assassin is a weird one you either love it or hate it and nobody can tell till you try it.
If you don't have a huge backlog and like stealth games, you should be pleased with Velvet Assassin. I really enjoyed it although the last mission was a complete waste of time. I bought it for 4-5€ and did not regret it.

I got From Dust and it seems to be nice for the price but I haven't got the time to play a lot.
From Dust = tech demo of the new (non existant) Populous game. Short (about 6h of play), with quite boring story and horrendous controls. Generally all you do in that game is morphing terrain to allow your people to pass to the next level. If you enjoy sandboxes you might like it. For me $5 is too much.
Velvet Assassin = Quite interesting game with some annoying bits. There's not that many stealth games in WW2 theme and that made me to try that game. I enjoyed it although never finished it. For $1.24 it's worth it.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by nagytow
Pheace: The Guild is one of those series where there's little to no point in owning all the separate games, just the last one suffices.
etna87: I strongly object to this. I really like the first one with its expansion (unfortunately, I never got the multiplayer part to work with Win7), in contrast to its sequel, which I find rather crappy. Too much lifesim and badly balanced aspects (like murdering all competitors with your bandits on the road). Never tried the expansions to Guild2, no idea if things got better.
Should have mentioned that I meant this for Guild 2 and it's 'expansions', not 1 versus 2.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by Pheace
LA Noire is $10 on GMG, but looks like you'd have to use their client, which everyone says is bad (I've only ever bought Steam keys from them).
wodmarach: ...
sebarnolds: ...
nagytow: ...
Thank you all for your opinion! This was very helpful in me deciding to buy or not. I'll probably try Velvet Assassin then. From Dust can wait.
MonstaMunch: LA Noire is $10 on GMG, but looks like you'd have to use their client, which everyone says is bad (I've only ever bought Steam keys from them).
Great deal but I don't want to use capsule so I will pass :{
MonstaMunch: LA Noire is $10 on GMG, but looks like you'd have to use their client, which everyone says is bad (I've only ever bought Steam keys from them).
TheWhiteRose: Great deal but I don't want to use capsule so I will pass :{
Yeah shame. I like the guys over at GMG but I'm not ready to use their capsule thing.
Velvet Assassin digital download is 1.24 USD on Amazon. It must be activate-able on Steam, but there is no product code for this game in the Game Library. Anyone else purchased this and got no product key?
I will obviously not contact Amazon support since they would ban my account because I don't live in the USA.
gyokzoli: Velvet Assassin digital download is 1.24 USD on Amazon. It must be activate-able on Steam, but there is no product code for this game in the Game Library. Anyone else purchased this and got no product key?
I will obviously not contact Amazon support since they would ban my account because I don't live in the USA.
GamersGate version is DRM-Free so there is no key. This must be the same. I think only the retail version can be activated on Steam.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by OmegaX
gyokzoli: Velvet Assassin digital download is 1.24 USD on Amazon. It must be activate-able on Steam, but there is no product code for this game in the Game Library. Anyone else purchased this and got no product key?
One way or the other, very good game, well worth buying if you like stealth action games in third person perspective. I even started a LP of it recently. ( http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2274FF05C925D06A&feature=view_all ) to have a look at gameplay and graphics.
TheWhiteRose: Great deal but I don't want to use capsule so I will pass :{
Pheace: Yeah shame. I like the guys over at GMG but I'm not ready to use their capsule thing.
I have Driver San Francisco on Capsule, they had a great deal for it earlier this year. From what I've played so far, I didn't have any problems. I also have Sniper Ghost Warrior there, which for some reason needed to be activated twice.
With the latest patch, they removed Steam activation and made it DRM free, so no Steam Key.