It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Metro09: Since Valve is a private company 100% owned by Gabe Newell, a guy who loves gaming and is already independently wealthy in his own right, I doubt you'd ever see it put up for sale or even go public for that matter.
OmegaX: He owns 100% of it? The guy is one massive cardiac failure away from answering the age-old question "What happens to my games when Steam shuts down?". (just kidding, don't take it too seriously)
Well, he does have a wife and at least one kid.
Heretic777: Just from my own purchasing experience in the last 4 months, i can say that Amazon is the biggest threat to Steam. I have bought alot of games on Amazon that i would have normally bought on Steam, but the Amazon deals are just too good. I have yet to buy a single game from Origin.

Just as an example, Amazon had Just Cause 2 for $2.50 and the best Steam sale is still $5. Thats a 50% savings. Alot of Steam buyers are buying from Amazon and i think Amazon will eat more and more of Steam's market share.
Nah, the best steam sale for Just Cause 2 was 2 bucks, period. Still, your point stands.
Heretic777: Just from my own purchasing experience in the last 4 months, i can say that Amazon is the biggest threat to Steam. I have bought alot of games on Amazon that i would have normally bought on Steam, but the Amazon deals are just too good. I have yet to buy a single game from Origin.

Just as an example, Amazon had Just Cause 2 for $2.50 and the best Steam sale is still $5. Thats a 50% savings. Alot of Steam buyers are buying from Amazon and i think Amazon will eat more and more of Steam's market share.
Luisfius: Nah, the best steam sale for Just Cause 2 was 2 bucks, period. Still, your point stands.
... I think I bought Just Cause 2 at Amazon for less...
OmegaX: Ok, it's been a whole page of posts about "Valve vs EA" in the Gaming deals thread. Why don't you create a separate thread for that kind of discussion? Even better, create it on the Steam forums. Thanks.
Nelvin: You're more than right ...

So, GreenManGaming has Darkspore for 3.99 UKP - seems a pretty good deal (haven't played the game though).

IndieGala2 just added http://www.rubicondev.com/fruitblitz/ to the bundle (only Android).
What does Darkspore activate on? Most likely Origin but want to know if it can be activated on Steam
Nelvin: You're more than right ...

So, GreenManGaming has Darkspore for 3.99 UKP - seems a pretty good deal (haven't played the game though).

IndieGala2 just added http://www.rubicondev.com/fruitblitz/ to the bundle (only Android).
StonerMk2: What does Darkspore activate on? Most likely Origin but want to know if it can be activated on Steam
I imagine you don't have to activate it on anything. But yes, Origin if you want to.
StonerMk2: What does Darkspore activate on? Most likely Origin but want to know if it can be activated on Steam
Sinizine: I imagine you don't have to activate it on anything. But yes, Origin if you want to.
Origin, there is no single player in Darkspore.
Sinizine: I imagine you don't have to activate it on anything. But yes, Origin if you want to.
orcishgamer: Origin, there is no single player in Darkspore.
I think you mean there isn't an offline mode, because it is deffinately possible to play it single player. It's not as fun but it's can be done.
Daily Deal on GamersGate: The Guild Universe for 5.99 $/€ (70% off).

This bundle includes The Guild, The Guild 2, and the latter game's expansion. It does not include "Venice" (a stand-alone expansion/remake of the second game that got panned by fans and critics alike) or "Renaissance" (a fan project turned stand-alone expansion of the second game). The game concept (medieval economy simulation with character/dynasty management) is pretty fun, but especially the second game was very buggy. Still, both games for 6 $/€ aren't too bad of a deal.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: Daily Deal on GamersGate: The Guild Universe for 5.99 $/€ (70% off).
You forgot to mention Majesty 2 dirt cheap at 70% off. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MAJ2/majesty-2-the-fantasy-kingdom-sim?caff=3841861
Less cheap if you want all of the expansions, too http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2C/majesty-2-collection?caff=3841861

Not sure about the DRM...
OmegaX: He owns 100% of it? The guy is one massive cardiac failure away from answering the age-old question "What happens to my games when Steam shuts down?". (just kidding, don't take it too seriously)
Metro09: Well, he does have a wife and at least one kid.
Sorry for continuing this off topic conversation but doesn't steam have share holders or a board of directors or something along those lines? Steam isn't just going to evaporate (geddit?) if Newell kicks the bucket.
Psyringe: Daily Deal on GamersGate: The Guild Universe for 5.99 $/€ (70% off).
grviper: You forgot to mention Majesty 2 dirt cheap at 70% off. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MAJ2/majesty-2-the-fantasy-kingdom-sim?caff=3841861
Less cheap if you want all of the expansions, too http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2C/majesty-2-collection?caff=3841861

Not sure about the DRM...
The collection has one of the most annoying DRM scemes I have ever seen.

You have to be online for a check of purchase for all DLC, which doesn't make any sense because you bought the ENTIRE Collection.
If you don't do the check your save games become incompatible because of the missing DLC.

If you can live with that, it's a pretty decent game otherwise.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by DodoGeo
some gamersgate deals (tried to put only those not reported earlier, ref link'ed):

1. Achtung Panzer Operation Star 33% off and DRM free
2. Panzer Elite Action Fields of Glory 50% off @ $2.48
3. Panzer Elite Action Gold 50% off, $4.98
4. The Golden Horde 50%, @ $2.48
5. Chaser 50% off at $2.48
6. Strategy Game Pack Volume 1, containing: Against Rome, Besieger, Super Power 2 for $7.48
7. Genesis Rising at $2.50
8. The Guild Complete @15.00 -- actually you can get all the games in the pack for cheaper if you get The Guild Universe and then The Guild Renaissance and Venice separately... saves about $2.50

The Guild II has starforce DRM

edit: removed Majesty and Majesty 2 becuase grviper mentioned it already above
Post edited February 23, 2012 by abolat
The Guild is one of those series where there's little to no point in owning all the separate games, just the last one suffices.
Post edited February 23, 2012 by Pheace
Pheace: The Guild is one of those series where there's little to no point in owning all the separate games, just the last one suffices.
noted. thanks^^
Hmm.. from what I've read of Guild 2, Guild 1 Gold has more variety.