It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CymTyr: Correct. No hardware acceleration is supported in the XP virtual machine.
Oh, and just for laughs about the OpenGL crap...

"Standard SVGA VESA graphics card (S3 Trio 32 PCI with 4 MB video RAM, adjustable in later versions up to 16 MB by manually editing a virtual machine's settings file)."

This is what XP Mode emulates. You want OpenGL? :D
trusteft: How much did you play Shogun? Because the game would load and run just fine. The problem appears down the line. Not immediately.
dnoelsmith: This is getting a bit off topic but the answer is: a couple of hours...the tutorials, mainly. I guess it's possible an error could happen after the amount of time I played, I did do the MSCONFIG memory workaround found here:
[url=]http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/72041/Changing-Graphics--Shogun-Total-War---real-true-Total-War-Fa?page=2[/url]. STW menu'sdo flicker occasionally but the main game screens do not. MTW displays perfectly with the work-around. I wish there was an easier method instead of re-booting, but, Hey, it works!

Any further discussion should take place in the Win 7 Compatibility thread.

Thanks.
Just one last thing, the problem is with the campaign. Not the single battles. Not the tutorials. Not anything else.
CymTyr: Correct. No hardware acceleration is supported in the XP virtual machine.
KavazovAngel: Oh, and just for laughs about the OpenGL crap...

"Standard SVGA VESA graphics card (S3 Trio 32 PCI with 4 MB video RAM, adjustable in later versions up to 16 MB by manually editing a virtual machine's settings file)."

This is what XP Mode emulates. You want OpenGL? :D
I wasn't supporting OpenGl perse, just that with DirectX being proprietary and M$ not wanting to help Virtual Machines or allow them to code it into their features(DirectX support) the virtual machine thing will never work out for games/etc dependant on DirectX that much.

Also Impulse just popped up with a 40% off Dead Space 2 offer for today.
Post edited July 24, 2011 by GameRager
GameRager: I wasn't supporting OpenGl perse, just that with DirectX being proprietary and M$ not wanting to help Virtual Machines or allow them to code it into their features(DirectX support) the virtual machine thing will never work out for games/etc dependant on DirectX that much.
Wait, what?

... XP's Terminal Services protocols do not support Hardware Acceleration. This has nothing to do with DirectX or OpenGL.

Hardware Acceleration for Remote Clients / Terminal Services Clients was introduced with Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Post edited July 24, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Big paradox sale at gamers gate. One of the best deals is Victoria Complete. It has 1 and 2 with the DLC for 8.67
kiva: Big paradox sale at gamers gate. One of the best deals is Victoria Complete. It has 1 and 2 with the DLC for 8.67
Oh wow, that does sound like a very good deal. Thanks for the heads up.
Ahh, it seems the deals are hunting me down. A few days ago xyem told me in a thread about turn-based strategy games how good Dark Reign with it speedbar would be for me slow-paced player. He also offered it me as a gift, but knowing I don't have the time to play I thankfully rejected. After gamersgate new layout I choosed a strategy-minion and checked the paradox-catalog for some gems to put on my wishlist. And yes, many of them are now on sale. Great, really great - I have no time and many great games are on sale. So Gog, if your daily deal today is Gothic you will for sure give me the rest.

Edit: To be on-topic Europa Universalis Chronicles (inlc all expansion) is also 75% off again. All others Paradox games are 50% off.
Post edited July 25, 2011 by DukeNukemForever
Among the Paradox Interactive games on sale is Pride of Nations at 50% off. I recently bought it from Steam since I couldn't know when it was going to be that low at GG, and although it is a bit early to say, it looks like the game I wanted it to be. Basically a more modern version of Victoria, better streamlines and THANK GOD ALMIGHTY a turn based system!!!
I shouldn't recommend it so early, but I am going to. Go and buy it.
kiva: Big paradox sale at gamers gate. One of the best deals is Victoria Complete. It has 1 and 2 with the DLC for 8.67
Prices in € again .This is not fair . :(

Is it a weeklong sale ?

edit : There's a Paradox sale on Impulse and on GMG .
Post edited July 25, 2011 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Prices in € again .This is not fair . :(

Is it a weeklong sale ?

edit : There's a Paradox sale on Impulse and on GMG .
Prices are consistently better in the gamersgate.co.uk store, think you can just purchase there as well.
ne_zavarj: Is it a weeklong sale ?
Victoria complete pack is a daily deal, the others are so far on sale a week long. As far as I remember daily deals are related to the normal sale (last week Sega-Deals), so games on sale can also become daily deals. Personally I would wait.

Edit: To see when sales elapsed you need to allow facebook.net to use scripts.
Post edited July 25, 2011 by DukeNukemForever
Pheace: Prices are consistently better in the gamersgate.co.uk store, think you can just purchase there as well.
Well,

$1 = 187.10 hungarian forint
€1 = 268.92 hungarian forint
£1 = 304.70 hungarian forint

See the differences ?
In addition to the Victoria Collection pack at 85% off and Europa Universalis III Chronicles at 75% off, Darkest Hour is also currently reduced by 75%.
Pheace: Prices are consistently better in the gamersgate.co.uk store, think you can just purchase there as well.
ne_zavarj: Well,

$1 = 187.10 hungarian forint
€1 = 268.92 hungarian forint
£1 = 304.70 hungarian forint

See the differences ?
The point being that UK prices usually are set lower, it's not 1 pound = 1 euro :) (or usually isn't at least)

I've all but stopped referring my local dutch budget forum to the .com site and just use the UK one now because most of the time it's cheaper, even with conversion.
Post edited July 25, 2011 by Pheace
Pheace: I've all but stopped referring my local dutch trading forum to the .com site and just use the UK one now because most of the time it's cheaper, even with conversion.
Same thing here.