It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Looks ok. Steam's last update is from 17 October 2022, GOG's from 20 October 2022.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Then that begs the question, what's up with the review by user izacus on the GOG store page, dated January 28, 2023, and which has many upvotes?

The text of that review is simply made up and flat-out wrong?
Yep, everything seems to be on par with steam, probably the difference between numbers is because they create a specific build for GOG and another one for steam, or maybe is mistaking Hard West 2 with Hard West 1 that is version 1.5 on steam (that one I can confirm it because I own it there).
mrkgnao: Looks ok. Steam's last update is from 17 October 2022, GOG's from 20 October 2022.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Then that begs the question, what's up with the review by user izacus on the GOG store page, dated January 28, 2023, and which has many upvotes?

I don't know. Why don't you ask him or her?
You can befriend then PM him or her here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/instant_crash_on_load_with_workaround_stuck_on_logo_screen/post13
Post edited March 23, 2023 by mrkgnao
Maybe because people found it helpful? The readers don't know if it's true or not but they found the warning helpful.
Since it's not possible to correct reviews, that false information in this review remains there until someone reports it.
And once it gets removed, we get posts about GOG censoring bad reviews.

Both Patch 1 and Patch 2 has been released on GOG, same as on Steam. I have no idea what that reviewer means by patch 1.5 and controller support. As far as I know the game doesn't support controller at all.

There was some people requesting controller support in another forum. The dev gave some vague answers about it, and it'll probably never happen.

(ø,ø): Both Patch 1 and Patch 2 has been released on GOG, same as on Steam. I have no idea what that reviewer means by patch 1.5 and controller support. As far as I know the game doesn't support controller at all.

There was some people requesting controller support in another forum. The dev gave some vague answers about it, and it'll probably never happen.
Yep, effectively that user is mistaking Hard West 2 with Hard West 1, check this change log from Hard West 1 on steam (https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/307670/view/2894081930487153258).
I already reported the review, that info affect the game score and make the devs lost sales.
(ø,ø): Both Patch 1 and Patch 2 has been released on GOG, same as on Steam. I have no idea what that reviewer means by patch 1.5 and controller support. As far as I know the game doesn't support controller at all.

Ruvika: Yep, effectively that user is mistaking Hard West 2 with Hard West 1, check this change log from Hard West 1 on steam (https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/307670/view/2894081930487153258).
I already reported the review, that info affect the game score and make the devs lost sales.
Most probably. It's also worthwhile to mention that Hard West 1 version 1.5 is available on GOG (since 2017).
high rated
Ys VIII: Laciromasa of Dana just received the latest update today so It can be removed from the list.
Post edited March 30, 2023 by alexandros050
almost every game that has only steam workshop mods.
Post edited April 01, 2023 by kapi600
I don't see Blast Brigade vs. the Evil Legion of Dr. Cread. It's missing the soundtrack DLC.

It's also never been on sale here, though it's been -40% on Steam. I know that sort of thing isn't tracked in the spreadsheet; it just bears mentioning.
Lust Theory Season 1 and Lust Theory Season 2

Both games miss the high res wallpaper DLC.

Also Season 1 didn't receive the bugfix patch that was uploaded on Steam a month ago. I don't know what it fixes, but the GOG version is missing at least four sound files which result in script errors (not game breaking).

Season 2 got several updates on Steam since release, but these could be beta updates, since it's still being worked on (voice over is work in progress, also announced to be updated for the GOG version). So I would not list these, until a final version has been released.
mrkgnao: Most probably. It's also worthwhile to mention that Hard West 1 version 1.5 is available on GOG (since 2017).
Due to posts like this one, and also the other replies to my concern about the Hard West games, I was led to believe everything is in order, so therefore I bought the Hard West games.

But then I unfortunately realized that there needs to be a new variation created of the thread in the OP here, or better yet, the premise of the OP needs to be modified so that it becomes inclusive of another type of terrible treatment of GOG customers: that is, games that are broken on GOG, but which do not necessarily treat GOG customers like second-class citizens, because they are also equally broken on Steam too.

Hard West 1 is one of those games, as you can see proven by how the devs themselves openly admit right here in emails that were quoted from them in the year 2018:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/307670/discussions/0/1692662484258253692/

As you can see, the devs acknowledge the fact the Hard West 1 has a game-breaking bug in it, but they vowed not to fix it whilst they were working on Phantom Doctrine, and these comments came after Hard West 1's (apparently final ever) patch 1.5 was already released, meaning the bug certainly still exists as of patch 1.5.

And the devs also promised to patch this game-breaking bug in Hard West 1 after they finished Phantom Doctrine, but yet they've never done so.

Since they never fixed it, I just experienced this bug now, in April 2023, and no doubt many others also have done so between the years of 2017 (and maybe earlier too) and 2023, and will continue to do so forever, apparently.

Thus, issues like this prove that this thread, on its own, with its current premise is not fit for purpose, because the premise of this thread assumes - incorrectly - that a GOG game which has patch parity with Steam means that nothing is wrong with that game, even though actually with some games, like Hard West 1, there actually is something very wrong with it.

Note: I'm not blaming the other posters who tried to help me by addressing my concerns for having done something wrong. I appreciate the help. I am also not blaming the OP for how the premise of the OP turned out.

But I am pointing out how the premise of the OP is flawed, unintentionally so, because its premise is not encompassing & comprehensive enough to cover shady devs and games that are treating GOG customers horribly, but yet flying under the radar due to these oversights in the premise of the OP which I've just described.

So, please consider to modify the premise of the OP in order that these shady devs and their broken games will start to be named & shamed, on the spread sheet, like they need to be, like the other games & devs listed on the spreadsheet are.

Otherwise, if the premise of the OP is not altered, then those shady devs and their broken games are getting a "free pass" to shaft GOG customers with zero accountability for doing so, and also the customers have no reference source to see whether or not they are about to get ripped off before they buy the broken game and therefore actually do get ripped off.
Post edited April 06, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon:
There was a thread for broken or incomplete games, plus some more issues. This one is very specifically for those that are missing something on GOG compared to buying them from other current sources.
mrkgnao: Most probably. It's also worthwhile to mention that Hard West 1 version 1.5 is available on GOG (since 2017).
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Due to posts like this one, and also the other replies to my concern about the Hard West games, I was led to believe everything is in order, so therefore I bought the Hard West games.
I am sorry if my post has misled you. All I can say is that I have played the game from start to finish, including the DLC, without any issue. But that was in 2016.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Hard West 1 is one of those games, as you can see proven by how the devs themselves openly admit right here in emails that were quoted from them in the year 2018:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/307670/discussions/0/1692662484258253692/
Sorry for the off-topic.

Have you tried this workaround posted by J.Jordan in the game's forum?

https://www.gog.com/forum/hard_west/agad_scenario_breaking_black_screen_on_mission_load/post2

Anyway, thanks for posting your findings. I won't be buying Hard West 2 now, can't be bothered to support devs who abandon their games broken.

It's too bad the thread Cavalary linked to died out. Only place to post it now is the game forums i suppose, where it'll get drowned in other posts.
Does anybody know the current state of the original Neptunia trilogy? The spreadsheet includes it as outdated but someone in the game's forums claims it's up to date