It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With the sudden inclusion of the original DOOM 3 as well as expansion here finally, has anyone contacted Bethesda about the exclusive Microsoft Store update patch for The Evil Within? I was going to try, but it seems like you need to be logged into the Bethesda site to even contact them. Seems like something that we could finally get from them if it was asked.

On a side note there is still no word from Nicalis concerning the missing Isaac patches, although this seems to be the norm with them. Apparently several months after a few other patches were launched did we finally get them. I just hope that is the case here and they appear here sooner rather than later.
EnforcerSunWoo: the exclusive Microsoft Store update patch for The Evil Within
What does that patch do?
EnforcerSunWoo: the exclusive Microsoft Store update patch for The Evil Within
Ice_Mage: What does that patch do?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post3063
Thank you, again!
(ø,ø): And yet it was fixed last year, which is better than nothing.
mrkgnao: But it had nothing to do with people asking GOG. It was because the developer released an unrelated game update (Brazilian Portuguese added) on both steam and GOG, alongside which it fixed the bug.

You are better off asking the developer for an unrelated feature that would benefit both steam and GOG users, based on that experience.
And you think that was only because two people asked Larian about it in the forum over the years, and nothing to do with people taking it up with GOG and GOG taking it up with Larian?
high rated
mrkgnao: But it had nothing to do with people asking GOG. It was because the developer released an unrelated game update (Brazilian Portuguese added) on both steam and GOG, alongside which it fixed the bug.

You are better off asking the developer for an unrelated feature that would benefit both steam and GOG users, based on that experience.
(ø,ø): And you think that was only because two people asked Larian about it in the forum over the years, and nothing to do with people taking it up with GOG and GOG taking it up with Larian?
Larian knew about the bug in 2019 and contacted GOG about it (see here: https://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/dos_skill_book_level_not_showing/post2).

Neither Larian, nor GOG, seemed too interested in releasing the fix, which I suspect has been lying on Larian's servers since 2019. I believe that GOG did not try to get the fix and perhaps even actively opposed to its being released.

Only when a new feature came along (Brazilian Portuguese) which was added to the already fixed build, did we get the bug fix.
(ø,ø): And you think that was only because two people asked Larian about it in the forum over the years, and nothing to do with people taking it up with GOG and GOG taking it up with Larian?
mrkgnao: Larian knew about the bug in 2019 and contacted GOG about it (see here: https://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/dos_skill_book_level_not_showing/post2).

Neither Larian, nor GOG, seemed too interested in releasing the fix, which I suspect has been lying on Larian's servers since 2019. I believe that GOG did not try to get the fix and perhaps even actively opposed to its being released.

Only when a new feature came along (Brazilian Portuguese) which was added to the already fixed build, did we get the bug fix.
Thank you for your input, but this wasn't really about the Divinity game.

I still think it's better to try to do something about an issue instead of doing nothing and spreading doom and gloom.
mrkgnao: Larian knew about the bug in 2019 and contacted GOG about it (see here: https://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/dos_skill_book_level_not_showing/post2).

I contacted Larian time ago, the fix was to change one file (i think was game.something, I don't remember which, right now), you could use the file from the previous version even on the newest one at the time (2.0.119.433 KO), the problem was that the file was 1Mb or something smaller than the KO patch version, when they added the Korean language they file compiled badly, they were aware of the issue but fix it required to create a GOG version with no team behind at the time to test it and send it, but a new translation was in the work and that was what they were expecting to create a new version justifying the cost, I know it could sound bad but it wasn't a game breaking bug and the process to solve it was quite easy. The problem was fixed in the end and thats the important.
vrubayka: Risen 1

The latest update brought new bugs and broke mod support. On Steam, the original Risen 1 with mod support and less bugs can be played by choosing the "original" branch in the Steam preferences.

On GOG it's not possible. The original version of Risen 1 should be added as a goodie.
Right now you can still download the original OL installer by simply chosing anything other than English as language.

Edit: Unfortunately I have to add that the intro video in this case is still in the language of the chosen installer, see here.
Post edited February 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
high rated
Contacted inXile concerning The Bard's Tale: Remastered & Resnarkled, as well as Bethesda for the missing The Evil Within patch. Hopefully I hear back something in a week or so. If not, at least these publishers/devs are being contacted about these abandonments that are in much need of further support.

Anyway, I might have a few others to bother yet, but it is kinda a short list. At the very least I haven't come across more games that are out of date. I urge others to continue to make contact concerning the numerous missing updates in hopes that we can at least try to remove a few of these off the list once and for all. I have no hope for some of the more troublesome entities such as THQ Nordic or Devolver Digital that abandons titles at the drop of a hat, but perhaps things can always change.
vrubayka: Risen 1

The latest update brought new bugs and broke mod support. On Steam, the original Risen 1 with mod support and less bugs can be played by choosing the "original" branch in the Steam preferences.

On GOG it's not possible. The original version of Risen 1 should be added as a goodie.
MarkoH01: Right now you can still download the original OL installer by simply chosing anything other than English as language.
(ø,ø): "I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate department but, as of right now, the only way of going back to an older version of the game is to use GOG GALAXY."
MarkoH01: Funny how GOG is not even knowing themselves which versions they have on which branch to download :)
Like I said above - right now it is no problem to download the original Risen OL Installer.
I will send a message to THQ and Piranha, to see if they can add it, also will contact GOG to see if they can solve it.
They just need to add just the original English version, the others are available, that's good.
Post edited February 28, 2023 by KetobaK
high rated
MarkoH01: Right now you can still download the original OL installer by simply chosing anything other than English as language.

Funny how GOG is not even knowing themselves which versions they have on which branch to download :)
Like I said above - right now it is no problem to download the original Risen OL Installer.
KetobaK: I will send a message to THQ and Piranha, to see if they can add it, also will contact GOG to see if they can solve it.
Something tells me that if GOG notices the old installers the only thing it will do is remove them, as it has done with other games.
KetobaK: I will send a message to THQ and Piranha, to see if they can add it, also will contact GOG to see if they can solve it.
They just need to add just the original English version, the others are available, that's good.
If you contact them could you let them know about the Risen 1 missing updates? We are missing 4 beta patches.
high rated
Alexim: Something tells me that if GOG notices the old installers the only thing it will do is remove them, as it has done with other games.
I completely agree with Alexim since it is EXACTLY what they did when the same thing happened with Little Big Adventure (and in that case I even told them to NOT remove the original version ... they did anyway). So I strongly suggest you to NOT tell them.
Post edited February 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
alexandros050: If you contact them could you let them know about the Risen 1 missing updates? We are missing 4 beta patches.
THQ just release beta patches on Steam, only the official patches are released on all the stores simultaneously.