It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alexim: Khatie was actually my contact with Stoic support and I was planning to contact her again as you recommended, but apparently she is now already aware of the news.
I thought you might want to know there's a new reply. I think it's outrageous that you don't get the content you paid for, and both publisher and the store are fine with that. But since I fixed it locally, I have no interest in arguing.

Edit: typo.
Post edited November 09, 2022 by Ice_Mage
Alexim: Khatie was actually my contact with Stoic support and I was planning to contact her again as you recommended, but apparently she is now already aware of the news.
Ice_Mage: I thought you might want to know there's a new reply. I think it's outrageous that you don't get the content you paid for, and both publisher and the store are fine with that. But since I fixed it locally, I have no interest in arguing.

Edit: typo.
Sigh, the only hope is that sooner or later they make a commemorative update in which they fix all the game's multiple bugs that also plague the Steam version.
bell02: Nice to see such an active thread about this problem.
I just got mad as hell because of Spellforce Platinum not being up to date since over a year.

Something needs to happen, asap!
I reported the issue to GOG support almost a month ago (11 October 2022).

Today (10 November 2022) I got the first human reply, reading (besides the regular boilerplate):
"I have passed this onto the appropriate team just now".

The ticket was also marked as "solved" (i.e. closed). I reopened it.

I will update if and when things progress.
mrkgnao: "I have passed this onto the appropriate team just now".
The ticket was also marked as "solved" (i.e. closed).
This is so annoying.. in no other company I've seen, the customer support closes tickets just because they passed it internally.
It doesn't make sense.
Post edited November 13, 2022 by phaolo
AlpakaDream: No its not the same as in every other store.
See the list I wrote, all that is not included in the GOG offline version.
MarkoH01: It is available if you use the GOG Galaxy client and so it is the same as on Steam since you also need to use the client there if you want to use the features (or the game at all) on Steam. Technically both games are identical in both stores. Yes, you could consider this being a difference between the offline installer and the GOG Galaxy release (even though they are identical as well) but this is about differences between stores.To use those features GOG you need GOG Galaxy which can be seen as DRM which is the reason why it is on the list I posted earlier. I don't say that this is all right I simply say that both versions on GOG and Steam are the same.
I see, my bad, I got you wrong then.
Have a nice weekend!
high rated
mrkgnao: "I have passed this onto the appropriate team just now".
The ticket was also marked as "solved" (i.e. closed).
phaolo: This is so annoying.. in no other company I've seen the customer support close tickets just because they passed it internally.
It doesn't make sense.
Yes, that is a valid complaint and a big problem with the way GOG support works. Whenever you have an issue that GOG support could not solve with the usual "turn virenscan and firewall off and make sure drivers are up to date" 1x1 support they'll have to forward the issue to product and since they don't know when or even if they can solve it, they close the ticket. This basically makes GOG support a big joke. The only issues GOG support is useful for are those connected to problems with the GOG website or GOG Galaxy ... or refunds.
Post edited November 13, 2022 by MarkoH01
bell02: Nice to see such an active thread about this problem.
I just got mad as hell because of Spellforce Platinum not being up to date since over a year.

Something needs to happen, asap!
mrkgnao: I reported the issue to GOG support almost a month ago (11 October 2022).

Today (10 November 2022) I got the first human reply, reading (besides the regular boilerplate):

This the patch the developers said would not be released on GOG until it was out beta?? Is the patch out of beta?
mrkgnao: I reported the issue to GOG support almost a month ago (11 October 2022).

Syphon72: This the patch the developers said would not be released on GOG until it was out beta?? Is the patch out of beta?
It's the patch that was formally released as version 1.61 on steam on April 9, 2021.
Syphon72: This the patch the developers said would not be released on GOG until it was out beta?? Is the patch out of beta?
mrkgnao: It's the patch that was formally released as version 1.61 on steam on April 9, 2021.
That's the one I'm talking about. It seems the developers are making some excuse for not releasing it on GOG yet from what someone said was talk about discord. I love the Spellforce, but the developers obviously don't care about GOG that much. All the Spellforce games are lacking on GOG.

phaolo: This is so annoying.. in no other company I've seen the customer support close tickets just because they passed it internally.
It doesn't make sense.
MarkoH01: Yes, that is a valid complaint and a big problem with the way GOG support works. Whenever you have an issue that GOG support could not solve with the usual "turn virenscan and firewall off and make sure drivers are up to date" 1x1 support they'll have to forward the issue to product and since they don't know when or even if they can solve it, they close the ticket. This basically makes GOG support a big joke. The only issues GOG support is useful for are those connected to problems with the GOG website or GOG Galaxy ... or refunds.
Not sticking up for GOG poor support, but what you said applies to most gaming stores. I only know of GOG and ZOOM that at least try fixing game issues. Steam, Epic, Gamersgate or any other DD store do nothing to help.
Post edited November 15, 2022 by Syphon72
Syphon72: Not sticking up for GOG poor support, but what you said applies to most gaming stores. I only know of GOG and ZOOM that at least try fixing game issues. Steam, Epic, Gamersgate or any other DD store does nothing to help.
Most gaming stores don't define themselves by their "utmost care about customers", "Customer-first approach", "user-friendly support", "Stellar support", "Direct contact with GOG Team", further detailed as "We bring you the comfort in knowing that anytime you need help, we're right here for you. Our customer support team works in-house round-the-clock solving all games-related issues." and "Have a question, need help or you just want to talk about great PC games? Reach out on GOG forums, tweet at us or drop us a message on Facebook, and we'll get back to you."
Syphon72: Not sticking up for GOG poor support, but what you said applies to most gaming stores. I only know of GOG and ZOOM that at least try fixing game issues. Steam, Epic, Gamersgate or any other DD store does nothing to help.
Cavalary: Most gaming stores don't define themselves by their "utmost care about customers", "Customer-first approach", "user-friendly support", "Stellar support", "Direct contact with GOG Team", further detailed as "We bring you the comfort in knowing that anytime you need help, we're right here for you. Our customer support team works in-house round-the-clock solving all games-related issues." and "Have a question, need help or you just want to talk about great PC games? Reach out on GOG forums, tweet at us or drop us a message on Facebook, and we'll get back to you."
They always got back to me when I needed support, but I know that's not the same for everyone. GOG has issue getting things done in timely manner. Just saying all store fronts need to improve their support.
Post edited November 13, 2022 by Syphon72
Syphon72: They always got back to me when I needed support, but I know that's not the same for everyone. GOG has issue getting things done in timely manner. Just saying all store fronts need to improve their support.
In years past I used to often get a response (and resolution) in a day or two.

Last year I think it took 4 days.

I have noticed support taking longer, but I haven't had an issue like many are recounting here... but then I rarely open support tickets.
mrkgnao: It's the patch that was formally released as version 1.61 on steam on April 9, 2021.
Syphon72: That's the one I'm talking about. It seems the developers are making some excuse for not releasing it on GOG yet from what someone said was talk about discord. I love the Spellforce, but the developers obviously don't care about GOG that much. All the Spellforce games are lacking on GOG.

MarkoH01: Yes, that is a valid complaint and a big problem with the way GOG support works. Whenever you have an issue that GOG support could not solve with the usual "turn virenscan and firewall off and make sure drivers are up to date" 1x1 support they'll have to forward the issue to product and since they don't know when or even if they can solve it, they close the ticket. This basically makes GOG support a big joke. The only issues GOG support is useful for are those connected to problems with the GOG website or GOG Galaxy ... or refunds.
Depending on the title with Steam some developers consider your query about a bug trolling and they will ban you from their games forum.
MarkoH01: The only issues GOG support is useful for are those connected to problems with the GOG website or GOG Galaxy ... or refunds.
My Galaxy tickets are open for over two years now :D
Cave Story+
https://www.gog.com/game/cave_story

Missing Linux build