It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: SteamWorld Heist got the latest update for Windows and we're currently waiting for the Mac & Linux versions to arrive.
Mawthra: I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it pop up this morning in the Updated section... better late than never, I guess!
According to what the devs told me, they had some contract with an Asian publisher with some localization. They couldn't tell me the reason but apparently they weren't allowed to release it (possibly because it included the said localizations).

I didn't press them how come the patch made it to Steam but not on GOG. I'm glad it's finally here, at the end of the day they kept their word.
Mawthra: I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it pop up this morning in the Updated section... better late than never, I guess!
Ganni1987: According to what the devs told me, they had some contract with an Asian publisher with some localization. They couldn't tell me the reason but apparently they weren't allowed to release it (possibly because it included the said localizations).

I didn't press them how come the patch made it to Steam but not on GOG. I'm glad it's finally here, at the end of the day they kept their word.
Yah, I heard about that... and glad they did as well... I can now open my previous Steam save where I was about 60% done with the game without getting the save version mismatch error
In short I nominate gog for treating it's own customers like second class citizens sometimes, hear me out.

Horrid 'new' layout that still remains despite huge complaints.

Rejecting good games like enemy at the gates the new 4x and recently I found out they rejected doorkickers action squad despite the first one being a success on gog.

Devoting more time to silly marketing tweets that cause problems on social media rather then bringing more games to gog and making them work better with modern hardware.

More 'sales' to hide the fact they stuff up getting new games on gog.

edit: yes this is negative and I'd rather it not be so, but I feel it needs to be said.
Post edited January 29, 2019 by David9855
David9855: In short I nominate gog for treating it's own customers like second class citizens sometimes, hear me out.

Rejecting good games like enemy at the gates the new 4x and recently I found out they rejected doorkickers action squad despite the first one being a success on gog.

Devoting more time to silly marketing tweets that cause problems on social media rather then bringing more games to gog and making them work better with modern hardware.

edit: yes this is negative and I'd rather it not be so, but I feel it needs to be said.
GOG may not be perfect, but what is? Everyone has their frustrations about their favorite game getting rejected (I'm still sore over Unexplored getting the shun), but... GOG is still the most pro-consumer games shop around... I still buy here first and every second if I can't get it here because it's the best place to buy games if you're concerned about "true" ownership
David9855: In short I nominate gog for treating it's own customers like second class citizens sometimes, hear me out.

Mawthra: GOG may not be perfect, but what is? Everyone has their frustrations about their favorite game getting rejected (I'm still sore over Unexplored getting the shun), but... GOG is still the most pro-consumer games shop around... I still buy here first and every second if I can't get it here because it's the best place to buy games if you're concerned about "true" ownership
True and for all my complaints I do love gog and DRM free gaming. I just wish they'd fix the layout, stop 'weird' curation and less on marketing more on the 'meat and potatoes.'
David9855: True and for all my complaints I do love gog and DRM free gaming. I just wish they'd fix the layout, stop 'weird' curation and less on marketing more on the 'meat and potatoes.'
Afaik GOG is trying to fix this layout - unfortunately they probably try to beat the world record in this being the slowest fix ever. I don't even dare to dream about a fixed forum. GOG imo just goes along with it as long as it works using their people on other things trying to concentrate on getting as many games as possible therefore getting bigger and bigger and with this building up even more construction sites as before. Not the greatest idea here.

I am often wondering about people complaining about "weird" curation. Curation will alwas be subjective and it's up to GOG to decide which games they think might be wanted from their customers and which won't. Often I have read in threads complaining about certain games being rejected from GOG others that posted that they don't like or don't care about said games at all so even if somebody really thinks that a game really, really have to be on GOG and would be really successful that does not always have to be the truth. I agree in some special cases like i.e. the Opus Magnum fiasco it was clear that the game was a success and also that the devs really wanted to be on GOG - it was also clear that GOG did not have any problems with the devs since they already had other games from them here that were running quite good. However sometimes the reasons for GOG rejecting a game could be some we simply don't know and which GOG for whatever reasons is not allowed to tell. So maybe sometimes we are just missing crucial information to be able to judge if a game should have been rejected or not. Unfortunately in the gaming industry today there is a lot of (sometimes needed) secrecy.

Anyway: the thread title is GAMES that treat GOG customers as second class citizens. So this entry is OT. Maybe it deserves a seperate thread to discuss the problems GOG customers are facing here today. Maybe GOG will even read it... probably the better way than keeping such critizism hidden inside this thread.
Post edited January 29, 2019 by MarkoH01
I contacted the developer for Expeditions: Conquistador about an update as I noticed Expeditions: Viking has achievements. I was informed that there is no plan to update the E:C on GOG, unfortunately.
ShadowWulfe: I contacted the developer for Expeditions: Conquistador about an update as I noticed Expeditions: Viking has achievements. I was informed that there is no plan to update the E:C on GOG, unfortunately.
Is the game out of date? or you just wanted to see if they'd add Achievements?

===========

Oh, nevermind... looked in my library... the game is at 1.6.5 and Steam is at 1.6.6, but that 1.6.6 update only addresses fixes for Steam Achievements

https://steamcommunity.com/app/237430/discussions/0/540740500576410015/
Post edited January 30, 2019 by Mawthra
ShadowWulfe: I contacted the developer for Expeditions: Conquistador about an update as I noticed Expeditions: Viking has achievements. I was informed that there is no plan to update the E:C on GOG, unfortunately.
Mawthra: Is the game out of date? or you just wanted to see if they'd add Achievements?

===========

Oh, nevermind... looked in my library... the game is at 1.6.5 and Steam is at 1.6.6, but that 1.6.6 update only addresses fixes for Steam Achievements

https://steamcommunity.com/app/237430/discussions/0/540740500576410015/
It would be nice though if they they could add the achievements of Expeditions: Conquistador also on GOG.
Alexim: It would be nice though if they they could add the achievements of Expeditions: Conquistador also on GOG.
With GOG, sometimes I just count my blessings that the game is up to date and leave it at that ;)
Alexim: It would be nice though if they they could add the achievements of Expeditions: Conquistador also on GOG.
Mawthra: With GOG, sometimes I just count my blessings that the game is up to date and leave it at that ;)
I know this feeling. XD
for anyone following the Wuppo DLC issue, it's been patched ;)
Goodluck getting them to work on Conquistador, a few months back I spoke with the devs about releasing the Linux version (which exists on Steam), their reply was something along the lines of "the costs of doing such a thing wouldn't be economically feasible".
Well, time to finally remove Tales of Monkey Island from this list now that it's removed.
Gengar78: Well, time to finally remove Tales of Monkey Island from this list now that it's removed.
Well, Perception has not been removed - the OP only added that it has been removed from GOG... so I am not sure if the OP wants games removed that aren't available on GOG anymore. Imo such games should be removed since there's no sense in bothering devs to fix those anymore.

Edit: HypersomniacLive reminded me that there's a valid reason to NOT delete those from the list even if the game is not available on GOG anymore. So I change my opinion - those games should not be deleted.
Post edited January 31, 2019 by MarkoH01