It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dischord: There are no second class citizens, there are only terms and offerings.

Some work, others do not, and it is your responsibility to decide whether an offering works for you, or not.
neumi5694: The topic is about being treated like one, not about being one.
It is a matter of growing up, and realizing that the world doesn't revolve around you.

If you are so delicate, that how you perceive things upsets your balance, then you'd better get used to being in disarray.
high rated
Dischord: It is a matter of growing up, and realizing that the world doesn't revolve around you.
That's what this whole thread is about. Seeing what we get less than consumers on other platforms.

Following this thread some publishers and developers already changed the terms and offerings on their own, others were contacted and sometimes did the same then.
The thread is not about whining, but about achieving something. And once in a while, it does.

Don't make this about me, people who get personal and try to lower others only prove that they have nothing intelligent to say.
high rated
neumi5694: The thread is not about whining, but about achieving something. And once in a while, it does.
I'd like to add that this thread is also about warning customers from buying games here that are not on par with the Steam version - in case it matters to them. If this means that those potential customers would by elsewhere the responsibility is not on this thread but on the devs/publishers.

In my opinion informing people about the actual situation has nothing to do with whining at all. Everybody will still decide on their own if the mentioned disadvantages are bad enough to not buy or if they don't care. This thread is meant to be informative and helpful to those that are interested.
Post edited October 11, 2022 by MarkoH01
cypherpunkswrite: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe (addition, uncertain). On Steam, it has additional languages, however the edition with more DLCs is said to be English-only anyway.
The Steam version has an additional Standard GOTY Version which does not include like half of the KotN DLC Content because Bethesda never translated that and so whas missing on the disc outside of english too.
The GOTY Deluxe version is the one with complete content that whas never translated and is on GoG the same as on Steam. More important is that the Steam versions of Morrowind, Battlespire and Redguard has Cloud Save Support while on GoG there is no Cloud Save on Galaxy.
BKGaming: Bannerlord is fully updated and is updated nearly the same time as steam as far as non beta updates. Only Steam get's beta updates though.
ChrisGamer300: I see, thank you that's what i have expected from Taleworlds so good that those fears are unfounded.
They weren't unfounded; in the 1.5.x version range, there were several updates which took weeks to arrive on GOG after having arrived on Steam. I think TW has gotten better about this since then, although I don't know how it's been since 1.6.1.

Bannerlord is still missing the mod tools for GOG version as of the time of this post (as the OP's doc says), and I believe multiplayer is nonfunctional as well for GOG customers. I was never able to access BL's MP even when logged into Galaxy with an up-to-date game version, and I heard other GOG customers say they had the same problem (and never heard this from Steam users).

Taleworlds' GOG-release announcement and GOG's store page both fail to mention anything about any of these 'downgrades' for the GOG version.

Unfortunately, a prospective buyer is unlikely to see this thread prior to buying (I sure didn't have any way to know about it until accidentally discovering it today while searching for something else), but having this list available here is better than nothing. My thanks to the OP and other contributors.
Post edited October 15, 2022 by sg3
Dischord: It is a matter of growing up, and realizing that the world doesn't revolve around you.
neumi5694: That's what this whole thread is about. Seeing what we get less than consumers on other platforms.

Following this thread some publishers and developers already changed the terms and offerings on their own, others were contacted and sometimes did the same then.
The thread is not about whining, but about achieving something. And once in a while, it does.

Don't make this about me, people who get personal and try to lower others only prove that they have nothing intelligent to say.
Nothing to do with lowering others, but attempting to see that they don't go around feeling that way, because they feel they have been slighted.

Things are, as they are, and how you feel, has more to do with individual perception, than reality, at times; it's a human thing.
high rated
Dischord: It is a matter of growing up,..
Dischord: If you are so delicate, ...
Dischord: Nothing to do with lowering others
If you say so ...

Dischord: Things are, as they are
And here we keep a list of how they are. People get informed and sometimes the things are not as they were anymore, because they improved. win win

And the third kind of people who is not interested in the thread can come in, trying to patronize or lower others. So it's a triple win.
Post edited October 15, 2022 by neumi5694
high rated
neumi5694: And the third kind of people who is not interested in the thread can come in, trying to patronize or lower others. So it's a triple win.
That's an interesting perspective. It makes me sad when I see that happening, since – from my perspective – this list/thread is a huge effort in order to help other users. When helping others is made fun of or worse, I'm not happy.
Dischord: There are no second class citizens, there are only terms and offerings.

Some work, others do not, and it is your responsibility to decide whether an offering works for you, or not.
That's exactly what this thread is for. Unfortunately, these terms and offerings you're talking about aren't always properly advertised on the game page. It doesn't always say "lol, the game never received any updates" or "lol, the game got additional content on Steam but not here" or "lol, multiplayer got axed for this version, because it would be too much work for us!".

This is where this thread comes in handy. The whole idea is to give potential customers a better insight into what exactly they're buying here so they can make An Informed Decision™.

The second class citizens moniker is just something I came up with because I had to call the thread something and "Devs that treat GOG customers like shit" probably would've sounded a bit too crude. For better or for worse, it stuck. At least it's catchy.
GOG versions neglected by developers.
DoomSooth: GOG versions neglected by developers.
Not necessarily. We know of at least one case --- Divinity: Original Sin ---- where the developer/publisher claims to have approached GOG to fix an issue specific to the GOG version, and GOG would not do it.
I bought "The Case of the Golden Idol" and it quit working after the third case, being not a Techie, I was amazed at the response I got, first there was the Bot for technical support what failed to give me any confidence and its suggestion was to go charging into window files where I have no idea what I'm doing , but know enough that idiots screwing around with those things can cause harm to overhaul computer harm. If you are going to have a game sync, why not fix problem that way?
DoomSooth: GOG versions neglected by developers.
mrkgnao: Not necessarily. We know of at least one case --- Divinity: Original Sin ---- where the developer/publisher claims to have approached GOG to fix an issue specific to the GOG version, and GOG would not do it.
Hi, what is this problem? Can you give a link? Just interested.
mrkgnao: Not necessarily. We know of at least one case --- Divinity: Original Sin ---- where the developer/publisher claims to have approached GOG to fix an issue specific to the GOG version, and GOG would not do it.
RekontVerlon: Hi, what is this problem? Can you give a link? Just interested.
Here you go. They contacted GOG about it years ago, but all GOG cares to do is tell users to use Galaxy to revert to the previous, working, version. Used to offer the older offline installer upon request, case by case, but word is that more recently they stopped doing that, just "advising" those who ask to use the "optional" client to make the game work.
Normally, since it's a known and important bug and only those who want the Chinese localisation would need the patch that introduces it, the offline installer should be the version without that patch, with that patch available separately, and then see how to work things out just with those who need it. But...
high rated
RekontVerlon: Hi, what is this problem? Can you give a link? Just interested.
Cavalary: Here you go. They contacted GOG about it years ago, but all GOG cares to do is tell users to use Galaxy to revert to the previous, working, version.
For those of us not using Galaxy you can grab the fix at Nexus;
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/118

Not ideal to have to go to another website as GOG should be fixing their offline installers but the fix does work perfectly.