It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

redglyph: Way to go. And no refund, of course.
MarkoH01: What do you mean "no refund"?

With THIS statement

"As of now the GOG version is not updated to the latest version, therefore those patches are not yet available on GOG. We will come back with further information. "

it should not be any problem AT ALL to refund the game. The publisher CONFIRMED that the game is outdated and you tried everything to change this. Neither GOG nor the publisher did anything to fix the issue ... so refund.
I've tried 4 times at least.

GOG says they cannot refund past some delay, which I understand for the common case of someone changing their mind. And to be fair I've played this game tens of hours already. But in my opinion they should at least refund the few customers who are not able to enjoy the latest fixes and additions to the game, given the circumstances. Without even mentioning a few bugs that only occur on the GOG version and which were ignored by THQ Nordic.

GOG tells us to redirect that request to THQ Nordic (which I did twice). I see a potential problem to prove it's a genuine order though. We'll see but I'm expecting the usual ignorance from their part so it won't even come to that.
Post edited August 11, 2022 by redglyph
MarkoH01: What do you mean "no refund"?

With THIS statement

"As of now the GOG version is not updated to the latest version, therefore those patches are not yet available on GOG. We will come back with further information. "

it should not be any problem AT ALL to refund the game. The publisher CONFIRMED that the game is outdated and you tried everything to change this. Neither GOG nor the publisher did anything to fix the issue ... so refund.
redglyph: I've tried 4 times at least.

GOG says they cannot refund past some delay, which I understand for the common case of someone changing their mind. And to be fair I've played this game tens of hours already. But in my opinion they should at least refund the few customers who are not able to enjoy the latest fixes and additions to the game, given the circumstances. Without even mentioning a few bugs that only occur on the GOG version and which were ignored by THQ Nordic.

GOG tells us to redirect that request to THQ Nordic (which I did twice). I see a potential problem to prove it's a genuine order though. We'll see but I'm expecting the usual ignorance from their part so it won't even come to that.
Have you tried on their Discord? They usually don't do anything anyway, but there should be at least someone there to answer questions.
Alexim: Have you tried on their Discord? They usually don't do anything anyway, but there should be at least someone there to answer questions.
Yes, I've tried multiple times. They're kind enough but each time it's "we're looking into this". They won't provide more information when we're asking them how it's possible that it takes more than 4 months to deliver a couple of patches to GOG. I suggested a replacement key on Steam over there too, but they ignored it (or passed the message and it was discarded down the chain).

I'd be interested to know how many GOG customers are waiting for that update. I guess not many.
Alexim: Have you tried on their Discord? They usually don't do anything anyway, but there should be at least someone there to answer questions.
redglyph: Yes, I've tried multiple times. They're kind enough but each time it's "we're looking into this". They won't provide more information when we're asking them how it's possible that it takes more than 4 months to deliver a couple of patches to GOG. I suggested a replacement key on Steam over there too, but they ignored it (or passed the message and it was discarded down the chain).

I'd be interested to know how many GOG customers are waiting for that update. I guess not many.
As I feared, same exact thing when I reported all their games with broken achievements (there are so many of them), or when I reported bugs for Darksiders Genesis that are fixed on Steam instead.
I've also send a mail via the support form at the Website, but sadly get the same "robot" answer :(

"We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We will forward your request to our Production department.
We apologize that we are not able to help you out right now and we assure you that we will do our best to solve the game issues as soon as possible.
Once the fix will be at hand it will be published asap!
Thank you for your understanding and patience!"
Post edited August 11, 2022 by ERASER_M
high rated
If you ask me the situation is outrageous. GOG introduced their "no question asked" refund policy to keep their users happy. You are even allowed to refund just because you disliked the game. When I contacted their support because of tech issues (which were never fixed in most cases - but that's another story) I always got offered a refund if it should take too long. Yet they refuse a refund for a game which is unupdated because of their inability to get their "partners" to do what they have been contractually obliged to? The problem of unupdated games is a problem on GOG (only on GOG) since years and it is GOG who is not willing to go the extra mile because they don't want to scare away their "partners". So the very least they could do to keep their customers is to refund a user who wants to have a game that's up to date so that he can buy it elsewhere. Yes, they have the 30 day deadline but how on earth could anyone know within these 30 days that their "partner" would not care for GOG enough to update their game? This is not the users fault ... it is much more GOG fault for letting their "partners" do what they want - no matter the contract. GOG should show some goodwill and keep theit customers happy by offering a goodwill refnud in this case.

Btw: I am putting the word partners in "" because that's simply not the way true partners would behave. I am disgusted by THQ Nordic (once more) and disappointed by GOG and their inability to decide when a refund should be granted out of goodwill.
Post edited August 12, 2022 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01:
And to make matters worse – GOG routinely includes even the worst offenders in sales without any warning.
redglyph: That's not even 2nd-class citizen, it's untouchable-class :(

See the development about Expeditions: Rome, where I'm trying to get the 2 last patches released since April:

https://www.gog.com/forum/expeditions_rome/clarification_on_why_gog_doesnt_provide_updates_for_expeditions_rome_anymore/page1

Way to go. And no refund, of course.
I contacted the devs, they don't release the beta patches here on GOG because it's more difficult than Steam, if you check the updates tab on steam, you can check that the latest official one is 1.4, the same as GOG. Now, is this fair? No, but THQ always release the official patches with no delay, as soon as an official one arrive, they will upload it to GOG, so not worry friend, the game is not abandoned at all.
Now, you have to take in count that if you play a game for several hours and the game don't have a problem at all, they cannot refound a game because they don't have the money, if you still want the refound then you have to try to contact THQ, only they can garantee your money back after more than a month.
Post edited August 12, 2022 by Ruvika
Ruvika: I contacted the devs, they don't release the beta patches here on GOG because it's more difficult than Steam, if you check the updates tab on steam, you can check that the latest official one is 1.4, the same as GOG. Now, is this fair? No, but THQ always release the official patches with no delay, as soon as an official one arrive, they will upload it to GOG, so not worry friend, the game is not abandoned at all.
Now, you have to take in count that if you play a game for several hours and the game don't have a problem at all, they cannot refound a game because they don't have the money, if you still want the refound then you have to try to contact THQ, only they can garantee your money back after more than a month.
Those are not beta patches. I've already answered that to you before.

There's a hotfix for 1.4, and 1.4.1, which is a significant update. 1.4.1 is not on the release tab but on the news tab, it was misplaced.

And "as soon as an official one arrive, they will upload it to GOG, so not worry friend, the game is not abandoned at all" - I used to think that the next patch would arrange that, but 1.4.1 was dropped too so I'm not so sure we'll ever see a patch, or when.

Yeah, the number of hours I've spend is exactly why I don't blame GOG too much for not refunding (as I said explicitly above, by the way). I think it's up to THQ Nordic to do something about it too - besides, the only solution seems to be compensating with a Steam key, so GOG would not be able to do that. ;)

ERASER_M: I've also send a mail via the support form at the Website, but sadly get the same "robot" answer :(

"We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We will forward your request to our Production department.
We apologize that we are not able to help you out right now and we assure you that we will do our best to solve the game issues as soon as possible.
Once the fix will be at hand it will be published asap!
Thank you for your understanding and patience!"
Haha, yes, I've seen that one a few times. The second message you get is usually this one:

Thank you for your mail.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately we are unable to help you with your request.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please feel free to contact us anytime.
Post edited August 12, 2022 by redglyph
Ruvika: I contacted the devs, they don't release the beta patches here on GOG because it's more difficult than Steam, if you check the updates tab on steam, you can check that the latest official one is 1.4, the same as GOG. Now, is this fair? No, but THQ always release the official patches with no delay, as soon as an official one arrive, they will upload it to GOG, so not worry friend, the game is not abandoned at all.
redglyph: Those are not beta patches. I've already answered that to you before.

There's a hotfix for 1.4, and 1.4.1, which is a significant update. 1.4.1 is not on the release tab but on the news tab, it was misplaced.

And "as soon as an official one arrive, they will upload it to GOG, so not worry friend, the game is not abandoned at all" - I used to think that the next patch would arrange that, but 1.4.1 was dropped too so I'm not so sure we'll ever see a patch, or when.

Yeah, the number of hours I've spend is exactly why I don't blame GOG too much for not refunding (as mentioned earlier). I think it's up to THQ Nordic to do something about it too - besides, the only solution seems to be compensating with a Steam key, so GOG would not be able to do that. ;)
I write them again, but like I said, the game doesn't has an official release, yes, those are big patches with important fixes but not part of the official ones, with the approval of the publisher. When I have an answer I will let you know.
redglyph: Those are not beta patches. I've already answered that to you before.

Yeah, the number of hours I've spend is exactly why I don't blame GOG too much for not refunding (as mentioned earlier). I think it's up to THQ Nordic to do something about it too - besides, the only solution seems to be compensating with a Steam key, so GOG would not be able to do that. ;)
Ruvika: I write them again, but like I said, the game doesn't has an official release, yes, those are big patches with important fixes but not part of the official ones, with the approval of the publisher. When I have an answer I will let you know.
Why do you say they are not official? Of course they are official, they were released by THQ Nordic and offical posts were made about their content.

Nodoby at THQ Nordic could explain why those updates were not received by GOG (if that's true), it's astounding.
Ruvika: I write them again, but like I said, the game doesn't has an official release, yes, those are big patches with important fixes but not part of the official ones, with the approval of the publisher. When I have an answer I will let you know.
redglyph: Why do you say they are not official? Of course they are official, they were released by THQ Nordic and offical posts were made about their content.

Nodoby at THQ Nordic could explain why those updates were not received by GOG (if that's true), it's astounding.
Those fixes are not part of the official schedule, the official ones are published under the updates tab, Logic Artist still have the intention to release the game here and the updates too, but those that are certified.
Already write them, now we have to wait, but don't worry, they will update the game once they release something new, THQ always does.
Ruvika: Those fixes are not part of the official schedule, the official ones are published under the updates tab,
You're incredible. Here are the Steam posts that you are trying so hard to ignore, and the posts on the THQ Nordic official Discord server.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/987840/view/3184616660101600555
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/987840/view/4965793119740285488

https://discord.com/channels/702291215043002430/702291215504375838/963821855695839273
https://discord.com/channels/702291215043002430/702291215504375838/975767961501573202

Ruvika: Logic Artist still have the intention to release the game here and the updates too, but those that are certified.
Are you sure you are talking about the same game? Expeditions: Rome has already been released here, and some updates too, but by THQ Nordic (the publisher), not Logic Artists (the developer).

What do you mean by certified? And do you have any reference to back up anything of what you claim by "official schedule", "certified" and "Logic Artists releasing a game here"? If not, please stop spreading misinformation, it's already confusing as it is.
Ruvika: Those fixes are not part of the official schedule, the official ones are published under the updates tab,
redglyph: You're incredible. Here are the Steam posts that you are trying so hard to ignore, and the posts on the THQ Nordic official Discord server.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/987840/view/3184616660101600555
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/987840/view/4965793119740285488

https://discord.com/channels/702291215043002430/702291215504375838/963821855695839273
https://discord.com/channels/702291215043002430/702291215504375838/975767961501573202

Ruvika: Logic Artist still have the intention to release the game here and the updates too, but those that are certified.
redglyph: Are you sure you are talking about the same game? Expeditions: Rome has already been released here, and some updates too, but by THQ Nordic (the publisher), not Logic Artists (the developer).

What do you mean by certified? And do you have any reference to back up anything of what you claim by "official schedule", "certified" and "Logic Artists releasing a game here"? If not, please stop spreading misinformation, it's already confusing as it is.
Send me a DM if you want and will let you know. Not to be worry though the game will keep being update here on GOG too if that is what is worry you.
Fell free to write me, my DM are open.
Post edited August 13, 2022 by Ruvika
The water vapour themed store now bundles the classic Doom 3 with the BFG edition.

DOOM 3 will be merged into a package containing the original DOOM 3 plus the Resurrection of Evil expansion and DOOM 3: BFG Edition. The package allows each version to be installed separately as follows:

DOOM 3
DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil (Requires DOOM 3 to be installed)
DOOM 3: BFG Edition
Post edited August 13, 2022 by Mortius1