It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exsurgent: snip
Oh I totally agree. I've actually switched my wishlist over to Steam and don't think I will be buying from any store other than Steam other than a modern game becoming DRM-free with all its patches.

In an effort to make sure I'm not actually tied to a launcher, I've begun the process of buying games on steam then making a copy with a Steam emu. It's tedious but ensures I can enjoy games I want and keep them stored offline in a "DRM-free" way.

I don't think I would have made such drastic actions but some of my favorites like Oxenfree and the Blackwell Series are on this list that I would have never known got updates if I didn't check this list
high rated
Lucian_Galca: Zombie Shooter 2 appears to be missing an update that adds Russian language and full HD support:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/33180/view/1699477947718181104

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1207660503#builds
KetobaK: I contact the developer through facebook and he said he drop the title here on GOG.
I just checked my facebook response and got a different answer:

"hello! thank you, we'll check it - i thought gog had actual versions."

I got that response yesterday.
KetobaK: I contact the developer through facebook and he said he drop the title here on GOG.
Lucian_Galca: I just checked my facebook response and got a different answer:

"hello! thank you, we'll check it - i thought gog had actual versions."

I got that response yesterday.
Ohhh that's great, I contacted them 3 o 4 month ago actually, when I purchase a couple of their games and had problems :/
I should have comment that, but those are some incredible news!
Ok, so I'm not sure if this issue is worth putting on the list, but I'm gonna point it out here since I noticed it looking at the current Techland sale:

GOG's version of God's Trigger is from 4 November 2020 and SteamDB lists one untitled update on 16 November 2020 for the Steam version.

There are no official patchnotes, but if you look at the SteamDB info for this update, you'll see they modified a bunch of files and added a file called "WinPixEventRuntime.dll". According to these Unity forum posts, this might be related to a bug which causes Unity to create that DLL file under certain circumstances - and I have no idea if that DLL actually impacts the game in any way. It might just be a trash file created in Unity by accident, which makes me wonder if any of the modified files actually have any impact on the game. Maybe they just "re-packaged" the game with a new version of the Unity developer tools and the entire update is essentially pointless?

Perhaps someone in here has some experience programming in Unity and can comment? I think you can already tell from the way I described this "issue" that I have zero programming knowledge :D

EDIT: By the way, no Discord news yet regarding the missing Epistory updates. Someone else made a topic on the Steam forums about the missing updates so if you're hoping to get the updates but you don't use Discord, you can bump that thread instead.
Post edited December 03, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: EDIT: By the way, no Discord news yet regarding the missing Epistory updates. Someone else made a topic on the Steam forums about the missing updates so if you're hoping to get the updates but you don't use Discord, you can bump that thread instead.
I found the dev's contact email, and got a response saying they have an update planned for Winter.
Post edited December 03, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
opticq: It's difficult to trust that new games released DRM-free will get the updates to match Steam unlike older games such as the Arkham series, Tomb Raider or Mad Max. Those I will probably continue to purchase here
You should also see if there's a pattern regarding devs/publishers. Some devs/publishers are known to treat GOG exactly the same as they treat Steam and it would be a pity to not support them if you ask me.
opticq: It's difficult to trust that new games released DRM-free will get the updates to match Steam unlike older games such as the Arkham series, Tomb Raider or Mad Max. Those I will probably continue to purchase here
MarkoH01: You should also see if there's a pattern regarding devs/publishers. Some devs/publishers are known to treat GOG exactly the same as they treat Steam and it would be a pity to not support them if you ask me.
Oh definitely, which is why I pretty much buy every WadjetEye, Killmonday and Telltale game here. It's a different story now that Wadjet has not updated their flagship game series (Blackwell) here

For a while I was also pre-ordering every THQNordic game as well just to support them and because I genuinely thought I would enjoy all those games. (Spoiler alert: for some reason I don't like any so far) It's companies like Thunderful, THQNordic and Devolver which I think are GOG's saving grace because they are the AA powerhouses.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
GoG version still doesn't have the update FROM A YEAR AGO!
No rollback, no balancing, no extra graphics options. It was a BIG update.
Seriously.
MarkoH01: You should also see if there's a pattern regarding devs/publishers. Some devs/publishers are known to treat GOG exactly the same as they treat Steam and it would be a pity to not support them if you ask me.
opticq: Oh definitely, which is why I pretty much buy every WadjetEye, Killmonday and Telltale game here. It's a different story now that Wadjet has not updated their flagship game series (Blackwell) here
Yeah, you're right. I will remind Dave again that Blackwell series still is outdated.
The Last Leviathan, an In Development game is missing one patch compared to Steam for 2 years now.

The other thing is - the game seems like to be completely abandoned and isn't developed anymore (last update over 2 years ago on Steam, devs supposedly moved to other projects) - is there any list of abandoned (or looking like abandoned) In Development games, which are unlikely to be finished ever? Can we make such subsection in the spreadsheet?

EDIT: Door Kickers: Action Squad isn't missing lossless soundtrack, despite the description both MP3 and WAV files are on GOG for download.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by zeffyr
high rated
Metalmucil: THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
GoG version still doesn't have the update FROM A YEAR AGO!
No rollback, no balancing, no extra graphics options. It was a BIG update.
Seriously.
And apparently the latest KOF98UMFE update won't be coming here either.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/discussions/0/3113669113506136674/?ctp=17#c3154202142453643726
Exsurgent: Ok, so I'm not sure if this issue is worth putting on the list, but I'm gonna point it out here since I noticed it looking at the current Techland sale:

GOG's version of God's Trigger is from 4 November 2020 and SteamDB lists one untitled update on 16 November 2020 for the Steam version.

There are no official patchnotes, but if you look at the SteamDB info for this update, you'll see they modified a bunch of files and added a file called "WinPixEventRuntime.dll". According to these Unity forum posts, this might be related to a bug which causes Unity to create that DLL file under certain circumstances - and I have no idea if that DLL actually impacts the game in any way. It might just be a trash file created in Unity by accident, which makes me wonder if any of the modified files actually have any impact on the game. Maybe they just "re-packaged" the game with a new version of the Unity developer tools and the entire update is essentially pointless?

Perhaps someone in here has some experience programming in Unity and can comment? I think you can already tell from the way I described this "issue" that I have zero programming knowledge :D
From https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/WindowsStandaloneBinaries.html
WinPixEventRuntime.dll - This DLL enables Windows PIX profiler support. Unity only creates this file if you check the Development Build
checkbox in the Build Settings window.
PIX : https://devblogs.microsoft.com/pix/introducing-pix-on-windows-beta/
high rated
Got a response on the Blackwell series via Twitter. Basically, updating the games to the new version of their engine is taking time, but the GOG versions will be updated when that's done.
Lucian_Galca: Got a response on the Blackwell series via Twitter. Basically, updating the games to the new version of their engine is taking time, but the GOG versions will be updated when that's done.
Tired of these kind of excuses, it really is just a complete lack of any care about GOG users. It has been 9 months since the update on Steam, and 6 months since someone asked about the updates for GOG.
Lucian_Galca: Got a response on the Blackwell series via Twitter. Basically, updating the games to the new version of their engine is taking time, but the GOG versions will be updated when that's done.
Kirben: Tired of these kind of excuses, it really is just a complete lack of any care about GOG users. It has been 9 months since the update on Steam, and 6 months since someone asked about the updates for GOG.
It was something like they "had to recompile" the game for the new version of the engine for a GOG release or something. But yeah, the delays for updating GOG versions of games are long past absurd.