It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ice_Mage: * I contacted the developers or Ruiner about a bug they acknowledged on the Steam forums but never bothered patching. Over there, they were just repeatedly asking people to e-mail them their saves, I guess to edit them and send them back. I never got a response.
* I contacted GOG support about half of the leaderboards in Ruiner being blank, since got the impression it's up to GOG to maintain that. I was told the information would be passed on to the QA team but no ETA on a fix. I last checked about 6 months after my report and of course it wasn't fixed.
* I contacted the developers of the Deponia games about bugged achievements. I got an automated reply that assured me the Deponia series is still supported, and then nothing.
The developers of Ruiner are indeed very difficult to contact, once however a miracle occurred and not only did they get back to me, but they also added a couple of achievements that were missing on GOG.
I had noticed too that the arena leaderboard doesn't work, but I doubt they will ever fix this problem. Do you know of any other bugs?

Do you know of any other Deponia bugs that aren't listed?
Alexim: The developers of Ruiner are indeed very difficult to contact, once however a miracle occurred and not only did they get back to me, but they also added a couple of achievements that were missing on GOG.
I had noticed too that the arena leaderboard doesn't work, but I doubt they will ever fix this problem. Do you know of any other bugs?
I once sent them screenshots with German localisation bugs ... afaik they never fixed them. Really liked the game though.

Also, Daedalic and support? Good one.
Post edited September 30, 2021 by MarkoH01
Ice_Mage: snip
Sadly, some devs are indeed quite hard to get in contact with, but at least you're contacting them when you can.

About GOG's support, in the lack of a better word, there's a lot of room for improvement. So I'd try reaching for them only as a last case scenario.

And about the devs supporting the game after they've been released, some times we get situations like Necrobarista's where the devs didn't know there was an issue, or like Tower Hunter: Erza's Trial, where the devs just needed a small push in the form of an email to update the game (@everyone: remember to be polite if you contact a developer or publisher).

Lastly, maybe if more people would contact the devs/publishers of these faulty games, maybe it'd be more likely for them to notice? The messages could be ending in a spam folder or in a corporate inbox that could be hiding these messages by the noise of many other messages being received daily, so who knows if the devs are really ignoring the messages or something happened to them along the way? Still, thanks to everyone for maintaining this thread and helping when you can.
Lots of new games released over the past couple of days and the only readily apparent issue I can see is that UNSIGHTED was released without the purchasable soundtrack DLC on GOG.

For those of us keeping track: The game is published by Humble Games and their modus operandi seems to be to NEVER release soundtracks on GOG.
It is possible that the Stream version hot-fixes do not apply to the GOG version and as such no update is required. This happens from time to time for games that exist in both stores.
Post edited October 05, 2021 by lexluthermiester
well, one good thing about the new Hitman game is that it most definitely do not treat you like second class citizens, you get exactly the same as on all other stores :)
This will be contovertial, but the other day I was talking with a dev (Tactical Adventure) and he explained me that they sometimes don't own the rights of their soundtracks, and many soundtrack artists decide not to publish the game on GOG for the sales numbers (1 to 9 in comparison with Steam according to him), and it's even lower with this optional DLCs.
So, I don't think the absent of a soundtrack actually count as treat us as second class citizens, at least not from part pf the devs in all the cases :/
Post edited October 01, 2021 by KetobaK
Exsurgent: Lots of new games released over the past couple of days and the only readily apparent issue I can see is that UNSIGHTED was released without the purchasable soundtrack DLC on GOG.

For those of us keeping track: The game is published by Humble Games and their modus operandi seems to be to NEVER release soundtracks on GOG.
Just in case, I asked the dev team through DM on Twitter.

They also got a Facebook profile but I only use Facebook when absolutely needed.
If someone wants to ask them through Facebook, that's their profile: http://facebook.com/StudioPixelPunk
KetobaK: This will be contovertial, but the other day I was talking with a dev (Tactical Adventure) and he explained me that the sometimes don't own the rights of their soundtracks, and many soundtrack artists decide not to publish the game on GOG for the sales numbers (1 to 9 in comparison with Steam according to him), and it's even lower with this optional DLCs.
So, I don't think the absent of a soundtrack actually count as treat us as second class citizens, at least not from part pf the devs in all the cases :/
It's true that soundtracks and artbooks often don't get to GOG since the rights to the music/artwork lie elsewhere. This also applies to many other non-Steam stores: Even the Epic Games Store often sells games without these extras, and THEY actively try to compete with Steam by offering additional financial incentives, so enticing devs/publishers to sell this stuff over there shouldn't be an issue for them.

I also agree that many devs shouldn't be treated too harshly when these types of DLC aren't released here (in contrast to basic patches and updates) - I think I pointed out somewhere earlier in the thread that the Crying Suns devs actively tried to get the soundtrack here but their publishing partner just wouldn't let them. But I still think that it's worth pointing out these missing DLCs, since I see the information gathered in this thread as more of a way for potential GOG customers to get info on what content isn't available here - no matter the reason.

I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on the name of this thread in relation to the info gathered here - I mean, I certainly don't consider myself a "citizen" of GOG, do you? :D
MarkoH01: Also, Daedalic and support? Good one.
Eh, I know a thing or two about that. XD

_Auster_: Lastly, maybe if more people would contact the devs/publishers of these faulty games, maybe it'd be more likely for them to notice? The messages could be ending in a spam folder or in a corporate inbox that could be hiding these messages by the noise of many other messages being received daily, so who knows if the devs are really ignoring the messages or something happened to them along the way? Still, thanks to everyone for maintaining this thread and helping when you can.
Absolutely agree, the more the merrier. A single person has made a difference in many cases in the past.

Exsurgent: But I still think that it's worth pointing out these missing DLCs, since I see the information gathered in this thread as more of a way for potential GOG customers to get info on what content isn't available here - no matter the reason.

I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on the name of this thread in relation to the info gathered here - I mean, I certainly don't consider myself a "citizen" of GOG, do you? :D
That's right, don't focus on the title, some minor flaws like missing soundtracks are listed for completeness and to inform users that indeed there is an OST somewhere for those interested. Even in these cases, it costs nothing to ask the developers. When they see that a dozen people start asking for it on GOG, maybe some of them will decide to release it.
lexluthermiester: It is possible that the Stream version hot-fixes do not apply to the GOG version and as such not update is required. This happens from time to time for games that exist in both stores.
This is a hotfix: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/6712578/
But this isn't: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/6615115/
And neither is this: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/5975253/

None of the patch notes list Steam-specific issues. Both games have not been updated on GOG for 12+ months.
Superhot is 4 builds behind Steam, MCD is 2 builds behind.
Hustlefan: Confirmed! :)
neumi5694: Great. The offline installer is still outdated tho.It's still from 2018.
Personally, I think that games should stay on the list until missing update/content/feature is available in offline installers. The only exceptions would be features that can't function without Galaxy (such as online multiplayer in some games).
Post edited October 01, 2021 by flyme_tothemoon
omega64: The missing achievements list is done, thank you Alexim for your hard work.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pDO6WTHLHyrrtidQ1MAxW6u8j3BxUaGcFaJsVyWj2QY
Noticed What Remains Of Edith Finch is missing achievements that can be found on Steam and checked this list. Edith Finch is on the list, but I noticed so is Bear With Me.

Bear With Me has been recently fixed.
Attachments:
omega64: The missing achievements list is done, thank you Alexim for your hard work.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pDO6WTHLHyrrtidQ1MAxW6u8j3BxUaGcFaJsVyWj2QY
frogthroat: Noticed What Remains Of Edith Finch is missing achievements that can be found on Steam and checked this list. Edith Finch is on the list, but I noticed so is Bear With Me.

Bear With Me has been recently fixed.
You should post it here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_broken_gog_achievements
About Unsighted's OST, the dev just replied!

Translated reply:
We're trying to get/checking about getting the OST on GOG too! Thanks for the interest!
Original reply (in Portuguese):
Estamos vendo de colocar a OST no GOG também! Obrigada pelo interesse!
Something to note: "vendo" in this context is an expression, so I'm not entirely sure how to translate. It gives the idea of checking in a positive way, but with nothing confirmed so far.
Exsurgent: I certainly don't consider myself a "citizen" of GOG, do you? :D
Hello fellow netizen.