It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exsurgent: A Hat in Time just received the latest fixes and improvements from the Steam version. That doesn't undo the whole modding and multiplayer thing, but it does mean the game itself is now up-to-date and that issue can be removed from the list.
I got tired of waiting for this to be updated, so I grabbed it on Steam some months ago. Granted, I would've liked to get the gog version instead as the lack of multiplayer isn't a concern and there's a workaround for getting Steam Workshop mods, but then again, I haven't seen the gog version go on sale here in years now.
Exsurgent: EDIT: Maybe we should also consider adding Quake to the list at this point - we got the confirmation that the GOG build of the enhanced version was being finalized and will be available to GOG customers about a month ago now and nothing has happened.
Honestly, this one is only a big deal if you want multiplayer that works out of the box, and that new episode. Modding and multiplayer is more limited in the new version compared to existing source ports (It can't run Arcane Dimensions for example), and the new episode while pretty good, isn't super must have. That said, I already had both Steam and gog versions bought years ago.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
Exsurgent: A Hat in Time just received the latest fixes and improvements from the Steam version. That doesn't undo the whole modding and multiplayer thing, but it does mean the game itself is now up-to-date and that issue can be removed from the list.
Lucian_Galca: I haven't seen the gog version go on sale here in years now.
That's an interesting point, actually (though maybe just for me, since I barely know how money works in the first place):

According to IsThereAnyDeal, A Hat in Time was last discounted in late 2019. Then the developer stopped pushing updates starting with the final update in January 2020. Which, to me, would suggest they just started completely ignoring GOG and therefore, they never offered their game on sale again. But I always thought that stores get to decide which games to feature in sales. Is that not the case? Does someone know how this whole capitalism thing works?
Lucian_Galca: I haven't seen the gog version go on sale here in years now.
Exsurgent: That's an interesting point, actually (though maybe just for me, since I barely know how money works in the first place):

According to IsThereAnyDeal, A Hat in Time was last discounted in late 2019. Then the developer stopped pushing updates starting with the final update in January 2020. Which, to me, would suggest they just started completely ignoring GOG and therefore, they never offered their game on sale again. But I always thought that stores get to decide which games to feature in sales. Is that not the case? Does someone know how this whole capitalism thing works?
I have no idea. These days, i'm not even sure gog has any idea lol.
Exsurgent: But I always thought that stores get to decide which games to feature in sales. Is that not the case?
That is NOT the case. Steam can FORCE publishers to make sales according to their wishes (pure monopoly power), but not on GOG. If the publisher itself wants no sale price, than there is no sale price.

I had bought a few games where the publisher refuses to make any discounts. You have to live with that or buy elsewhere.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
Anime-BlackWolf: That is NOT the case. Steam can FORCE publishers to make sales according to their wishes (pure monopoly power), but not on GOG. If the publisher itself wants no sale price, than there is no sale price.
Thanks for clarifying!
Anime-BlackWolf: That is NOT the case. Steam can FORCE publishers to make sales according to their wishes (pure monopoly power), but not on GOG. If the publisher itself wants no sale price, than there is no sale price.
Exsurgent: Thanks for clarifying!
To elaborate, there are quite a few games on GOG that have been fully abandoned in this way, with no more sales. For example, off the top of my head, "Towerfall: Ascension" (last on sale in April 2017) and "MISTOVER" (on sale only once, when released on GOG, in April 2020).
EDIT: This issue has been resolved, nothing to see here.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: Thanks for clarifying!
mrkgnao: To elaborate, there are quite a few games on GOG that have been fully abandoned in this way, with no more sales. For example, off the top of my head, "Towerfall: Ascension" (last on sale in April 2017) and "MISTOVER" (on sale only once, when released on GOG, in April 2020).
... and it was on sale only on the day the DLC was released here ("T:A"). Unfortunately I missed that date... :(

Some date later at least they changed their standard price a bit, but after that... Still thinking to buy that game. Someday.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
high rated
I added a feature request that might help incentivizing developers and publishers to provide parity updates.

Add a "Recently Updated!" section to the store's front page and/or GOG Galaxy to encourage developers and publishers to provide parity updates

If you think this is a worthwhile suggestion, please consider upvoting it or providing other suggestions as to how you think this might be improved.
AlmostAHero: I added a feature request that might help incentivizing developers and publishers to provide parity updates.

Add a "Recently Updated!" section to the store's front page and/or GOG Galaxy to encourage developers and publishers to provide parity updates

If you think this is a worthwhile suggestion, please consider upvoting it or providing other suggestions as to how you think this might be improved.
I voted for it but I doubt that GOG would even be capable to add such a section since they don't even manage to fix their forum since years and whenever they change something on their website you can almost be sure that they break something else on it while doing it.
AlmostAHero: snip
Voted. Nice idea, thank you
MarkoH01: I voted for it but I doubt that GOG would even be capable to add such a section since they don't even manage to fix their forum since years and whenever they change something on their website you can almost be sure that they break something else on it while doing it.
... and it would not be good for sales I guess if customers see how rarely a game is updated here. Still ...

The forum and the store are two very different things. Only one of them generates money, and gets development time, guess which one :)
Post edited September 17, 2021 by neumi5694
neumi5694: The forum and the store are two very different things. Only one of them generates money, and gets development time, guess which one :)
You are right but they also did not add necessary and basic things to the store as well - like filter and sort options people asked for years about and those DO make money. Sorting by discount alone would raise purchases in every sale.
The soundtrack DLCs for Hoa and Loop Hero are now available on GOG - these issues can be removed from the list.
Does anyone know if Chernobylite is of the latest version? I see it is missing a DLC and I am a bit concerned about getting it on GOG, because the devs might not care about GOGers.