It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One thing I can say is thankfully Stubbs is getting a regular retail release. I also got the Steam version as part of my Humble Choice subscription. Would have been pissed had I bought it on GOG...
I would say that The Captain could be put on that list just to be aware that neither developer nor publisher are active anywhere. Granted, it's a two man team working on the game, their planned release date according to Steam is Oct. 21st., so they are probably busy. On the other hand if they can't take two minutes out of their schedule to write news, post updates, screenshots or answer a simple question, with the Steam forum being dead which normally you'd only see on GOG, I would say it's not a very good sign of things to come. Updates, News, whatever it is, which in this case will likely hit Steam as much as GOG or any other platform they are planning to release to.
Post edited September 10, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Event[0] soundtrack is on Steam, but not on GOG. It's also on Bandcamp.
Post edited September 12, 2021 by Kevin04
high rated
Yoku's Island Express received an update on Steam on September 2. This update introduces a new game mode. GOG setup was last updated in 2018...
DoctorGOGgles: Yoku's Island Express received an update on Steam on September 2. This update introduces a new game mode. GOG setup was last updated in 2018...
Interesting find, thank you. Just for context, I've had a look at the version the EGS handed out for free in the first week of September. That version includes the Randomize mode introduced via this new update and it is listed as "2021-08-28_11_50_43", suggesting the patch rolled out on 28 August 2021 on the EGS and on 2 September 2021 on Steam. Let's hope they'll get around to GOG eventually - maybe pester them via Discord? No idea if Villa Gorilla has a Discord, but Team17 is bound to have one, right?
Also, in case someone interested in the game is reading this: This is the first update to the game since late 2018, so the GOG version isn't missing a bunch of updates (yet).

Also, today's new GOG release Intravenous lacks the purchasable soundtrack DLC available on Steam.
DoctorGOGgles: Yoku's Island Express received an update on Steam on September 2. This update introduces a new game mode. GOG setup was last updated in 2018...
I think you will find similar situations with quite a few Team17 games. They really don't care all that much about GOG-Updates.
There was a time they were my facorite game creators. But now that they seem to focus on console ports for others, they lost their edge ...
Post edited September 14, 2021 by neumi5694
Exsurgent: ...maybe pester them via Discord? No idea if Villa Gorilla has a Discord, but Team17 is bound to have one, right?
This has such a negative sound to it. It is our right to kindly ask to be treated like true customers so it's no pestering it is trying to get what's rightfully ours and to which the devs (or better publishers) signed a contract for, On the subject: if the update onm Steam really happened on beginning of September I have hopes that they will update GOG as well - of course a friendly reminder can never hurt :)

http://villa-gorilla.com/
https://discord.com/invite/team17

Somebody already asked on DIscord today about the missing GOG version but the more the better ;)
Post edited September 14, 2021 by MarkoH01
high rated
I'm about ready to give up buying newer games on gog, as it seems gog has given up on making sure they're up to date. It's becoming a waste of money to buy newer games here, only to have to turn around and get the Steam version if I want a properly updated game.
MarkoH01: Somebody already asked on DIscord today about the missing GOG version but the more the better ;)
I'm also done doing gog's job of contacting the developer/publisher to remind them to update their games. We're customers, NOT unpaid employees of gog.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
Lucian_Galca: I'm about ready to give up buying newer games on gog, as it seems gog has given up on making sure they're up to date.
In most cases GOG does not even NEED (and there should not be the need at all) to hunt down the devs or publishers since (luckily) most devs WANT to keep their games up to date on GOG as well. It might be woth however to notice wich publishers don't.

Lucian_Galca: I'm also done doing gog's job of contacting the developer/publisher to remind them to update their games. We're customers, NOT unpaid employees of gog.
Understandible. I completely agree that GOG should do this but it is not likely that this will ever happen since GOG prefers to have their partners pleased in most cases and they are aware that only very few customers have big problems with outdated games as long as the game is still playable. The question is what you really want: If you simpoley want to stay true to your principle you might end up with an outdated game in the end or - if you should decide to boycot the purchase or GOG completely - no game at all.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by MarkoH01
As it's even surprising at this point but anyone who buys from Team 17 and knows from their past games here deserve what they get because they are one of the biggest repeat offenders and a few tiny examples includes:

Multiple Worms games which has been outdated for years after finally getting updated with important fixes.

Pathea Games and missing updates only to get updated to latest version like recently only to fall behind time and time again plus they don't release content to their games

Yoku Island Express and multiple other games too.

In case of THQ Nordic where multiple divisions run themselves results in hilarious differences in treatment, Embracer Groups policy of not meddling with their different dev and publisher divisions can be mixed blessing because of this and while i understand not interfering with developments of their games when they are but business men there should be a rule about equal treatment of platforms.

Warhorse Studios, Piranha Bytes has been really on point with their releases and Black Forest Games too from what i see among others but then we have shitstain devs like Grimlore Games and a few other lesser known developers who are just terrible so it all comes down to actually learning which devs don't fuck you over.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by ChrisG_
MarkoH01: This has such a negative sound to it.
Sorry, I didn't realise this might come off sounding like I'm ridiculing people who ask for proper updates on GOG. I was using the term "pestering" ironically because that's what certain developers think we're doing when we ask for equal treatment. I've recently had a community person on a Discord tell me that the "minor improvements" of recent Steam patches for a game "don't warrant an update to other platforms". And then they kindly explained to little old me that "as with most games and products, buying different versions, even for the same price, often results in slight variances." So maybe I was in a bit of a cynical mood when I used the term "pestering" and I apologize. Though those quotes should be proof enough to show that some developers don't even think that selling their product on a specific store means they have a responsibility to their customers on that store.

Just read this on the Team17 Discord: "Unfortunately the randomizer update is only available for Steam and Epic. There are currently no plans to release on GOG". So off to the list with that game I guess...

ChrisG_: As it's even surprising at this point but anyone who buys from Team 17 and knows from their past games here deserve what they get because they are one of the biggest repeat offenders and a few tiny examples includes:
I wonder how much that depends on Team 17 and how much on the studio themselves. Just from taking a quick glance, I'm fairly sure both Blasphemous and Greak - Memories of Azur have so far received updates on time. Certainly major content updates and patches.

One way or another, I guess Team 17 should also go on our hypothetical blacklist, then. And to be honest, it might not be a bad idea to make that blacklist a reality at some point. Just from looking at the list of games we have right now, I can see 5 Team17 titles with 7 issues listed in total. And if you're just looking at that list as a newcomer to GOG, I don't think that screams "this publisher is known to be unreliable".

EDIT: Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a list of known reliable publishers as well. Again, just for people who are new to GOG and need some easy-to-follow guidance based on the knowledge of more experienced users.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: One way or another, I guess Team 17 should also go on our hypothetical blacklist, then. And to be honest, it might not be a bad idea to make that blacklist a reality at some point. Just from looking at the list of games we have right now, I can see 5 Team17 titles with 7 issues listed in total. And if you're just looking at that list as a newcomer to GOG, I don't think that screams "this publisher is known to be unreliable".

EDIT: Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a list of known reliable publishers as well. Again, just for people who are new to GOG and need some easy-to-follow guidance based on the knowledge of more experienced users.
To make a reliable estimate of this hypothetical blacklist, someone should count the number of games released under one developer and/or publisher (excluding DLCs and different versions of the same game), and compare it to the number of games on the list. In this way a publisher that releases a lot of games on GOG, and thus prone to appear multiple times on the list, wouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to a publisher that only released 3-4 games on GOG, but all without updates. The same goes for reputable publishers.
ChrisG_: As it's even surprising at this point but anyone who buys from Team 17 and knows from their past games here deserve what they get because they are one of the biggest repeat offenders and a few tiny examples includes:
Exsurgent: I wonder how much that depends on Team 17 and how much on the studio themselves. Just from taking a quick glance, I'm fairly sure both Blasphemous and Greak - Memories of Azur have so far received updates on time. Certainly major content updates and patches.

One way or another, I guess Team 17 should also go on our hypothetical blacklist, then. And to be honest, it might not be a bad idea to make that blacklist a reality at some point. Just from looking at the list of games we have right now, I can see 5 Team17 titles with 7 issues listed in total. And if you're just looking at that list as a newcomer to GOG, I don't think that screams "this publisher is known to be unreliable".

I think despite some publishers having a worse track record than others a better option is to list developers as you can have a publishers with an uneven track record here while devs under them has a clean record with their own releases.

For example: A small warning that yes this publishers has a spotty record but these "devs has very good history on GOG without issues"

Personally i think publishers should have some responsibility with their releases on platforms but something tells me that the devs themselves are the most blame when Grimlore Games has a terrible history here and Warhorse/Piranha Bytes are just on point everytime.

So a list does have to make some distinction between publisher and dev because even the most unreliable publisher has atleast some very reliable developers.
Exsurgent: I wonder how much that depends on Team 17 and how much on the studio themselves. Just from taking a quick glance, I'm fairly sure both Blasphemous and Greak - Memories of Azur have so far received updates on time. Certainly major content updates and patches.

ChrisG_: Personally i think publishers should have some responsibility with their releases on platforms but something tells me that the devs themselves are the most blame when Grimlore Games has a terrible history here and Warhorse/Piranha Bytes are just on point everytime.
Unfortunately, it isn't always easy to figure out whose responsibility it is. Very often developers don't have any access to the GOG platform unless the publisher allows them to, so they can be the most willing developers in the world, but if the publisher doesn't care they can't do anything about it.
ChrisG_: Personally i think publishers should have some responsibility with their releases on platforms but something tells me that the devs themselves are the most blame when Grimlore Games has a terrible history here and Warhorse/Piranha Bytes are just on point everytime.
Alexim: Unfortunately, it isn't always easy to figure out whose responsibility it is. Very often developers don't have any access to the GOG platform unless the publisher allows them to, so they can be the most willing developers in the world, but if the publisher doesn't care they can't do anything about it.
Hmm, now you have picked my curiosity because i have not heard this, which publisher are blocking developers from providing updates to GOG ?
If some publisher has actually done this it needs to be made clear which that is so they can be avoided.