It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wonder where the equivalent post / spreadsheet is for 'apps that treat Amazon App Store customers as second class citizens' - there are plenty of things I have there that are years behind their Google Play store versions.
high rated
lovingboth: I wonder where the equivalent post / spreadsheet is for 'apps that treat Amazon App Store customers as second class citizens' - there are plenty of things I have there that are years behind their Google Play store versions.
I do wonder sometimes whether the issues we track here might be just as widespread on others stores, only we'll never know about it because those stores either lack a centralised forum or a community passionate enough to track this stuff.

It's definitely not unheard of for other stores to have these issues. Just some examples off the top of my head:
- The Epic Games Store doesn't sell Chernobylite's Digital Artbook DLC (even GOG got that one) and my free copy of Tales From the Neon Sea says it's version 1.0.84, whereas GOG's version is 1.0.85 (no idea whether that patch might be GOG-specific).
- Apparently, The Ascent lacked raytracing and DLSS when it got released on Game Pass (which Microsoft does EVERYTHING to push at the moment) and it seems to have suffered from severe bugs after receiving a recent update.
- Crosscode's Itch version is still 1.3 (1.4.1 on Steam and GOG) and it seems the developers haven't brought the A New Home DLC there (released February 2021).

I would guess that some developers and publishers just treat ALL customers outside of the Steam ecosystem (and the major consoles, of course) as second-class, simply because sales tend to be lower on these 'niche' storefronts.

What really annoys me about this is that so many devs then go on to whine about how terrible Steam's monopoly is, how their games get buried under new releases there, how they have to fork over 30% of everything they earn to Steam and how gamers are to blame because they only ever buy games on Steam. I mean OF COURSE most gamers only buy on Steam if you signal to them that it's the only reliable way to get a properly patched and supported product from you, duh! Itch even allows developers to determine what percentage of their income they want to hand over to the store (instead of a flat 30%), but that didn't stop the Crosscode devs from abandoning their game there, did it?

/rant
Post edited September 05, 2021 by Exsurgent
Sudden Strike 4 pre-order bonus soundtrack is available for purchase on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1341590/Sudden_Strike_4__Soundtrack/

whereas not available on GOG:

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1414151916
high rated
VanishedOne: Sir, You Are Being Hunted: updated to 1.5 on Steam last Wednesday. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/242880/view/2977430785357902793

That's only a few days ago so it might just be working its way through GOG's processes. The game was last updated in 2015, when the Galaxy was young.
Kickstarter-newsletter said that the update will also come to GOG and Humble within some days. So no need to worry here.
high rated
Bad news regarding the missing artbook and soundtrack for Tohu. I asked on their discord and got the reply today:

"Hey! I've just heard back and there are currently no plans to bring the soundtrack and artbook to GOG."
BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, the remastered version of BloodRayne Betrayal was released today. However, while the original game is still available on Steam, GOG seems to have removed the original from the store entirely.

According to the announcement, GOG customers who own the original get a 25% discount on buying the remaster, but you can't buy the original anymore. Also, this post suggests if you buy the remaster on Steam, you get the original for free. This is not the case for the GOG version, as far as I can tell.
Exsurgent: BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, the remastered version of BloodRayne Betrayal was released today. However, while the original game is still available on Steam, GOG seems to have removed the original from the store entirely.

According to the announcement, GOG customers who own the original get a 25% discount on buying the remaster, but you can't buy the original anymore. Also, this post suggests if you buy the remaster on Steam, you get the original for free. This is not the case for the GOG version, as far as I can tell.
Update: It seems the package was replaced on Steam. If you want the old version, now you need to buy the new version.
SteamDB confirms both versions are included in the remaster's sub id: https://steamdb.info/sub/547482/apps/
Meanwhile, there's no mention of the old version being included in the GOG release of the remaster.
Exsurgent: BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, the remastered version of BloodRayne Betrayal was released today. However, while the original game is still available on Steam, GOG seems to have removed the original from the store entirely.

_Auster_: Update: It seems the package was replaced on Steam. If you want the old version, now you need to buy the new version.
SteamDB confirms both versions are included in the remaster's sub id: https://steamdb.info/sub/547482/apps/
Meanwhile, there's no mention of the old version being included in the GOG release of the remaster.
According to a mod they are looking it

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_bloodrayne_betrayal_fresh_bites_cfca9/post18
Thanks for the heads up!
high rated
Well got in contact with Aspyr support on their Discord about the GOG version of Stubbs the Zombie missing the MondayVision update...

No plans at the moment they said...

You can view a screenshot I have attached.
MarkoH01: Bad news regarding the missing artbook and soundtrack for Tohu. I asked on their discord and got the reply today:

"Hey! I've just heard back and there are currently no plans to bring the soundtrack and artbook to GOG."
Thanks. That's total crap...
Attachments:
Post edited September 10, 2021 by Crimson-X
high rated
Crimson-X: No plans at the moment they said...
Wow, that's just... wow. I mean from what I've read that's not a critical patch (correct me if I'm wrong) and I guess it's nice they even answered you, but "we don't plan to release it on GOG" is a phrase that should never be uttered in regards to standard patches and updates. I kinda get it when they say this about optional stuff like OSTs and artbooks, but when they're talking about a patch, that just translates to "we could, but we won't".

alexandros050: According to a mod they are looking it
Thanks for keeping us updated. Looks like BloodRayne Betrayal is now in the system again and customers who have bought the remake will automatically get the Legacy version. They actually moved surprisingly quickly on this one...
high rated
Crimson-X: No plans at the moment they said...
Exsurgent: Wow, that's just... wow. I mean from what I've read that's not a critical patch (correct me if I'm wrong) and I guess it's nice they even answered you, but "we don't plan to release it on GOG" is a phrase that should never be uttered in regards to standard patches and updates. I kinda get it when they say this about optional stuff like OSTs and artbooks, but when they're talking about a patch, that just translates to "we could, but we won't".
Exactly and GOG should either force them to fullfill their contract or kick their a**es out if you ask me.
high rated
This is not the first time Aspyr is pulling shit here, consider to refund Stubbs fast and point out this issue about updates and there should be no difficulty about getting refunded for this game.

Sadly it's a learning curve to know which publishers and devs to buy from and Aspyr is not one of them. personally i'm fine with OST and Artbooks missing since it does not affect the game itself and is just extra fluff you buy at the side, it's still not optimal but way better than refusing updates and improvement for your games you have payed for.

I can only once again agree with yes GOG should kick these fuckers out, it has been said for ages now.
Post edited September 10, 2021 by ChrisG_
high rated
Crimson-X: Well got in contact with Aspyr support on their Discord about the GOG version of Stubbs the Zombie missing the MondayVision update...

No plans at the moment they said...

You can view a screenshot I have attached.
Unfortunately this horrible news doesn't surprise me, considering how these clowns have always treated GOG users, starting with the very important missing update for KotOR II, passing by how they have managed since the beginning the release of Stubbs the Zombie, with the missing extra DLCs, the missing achievements and the ridiculous answers they give on Discord to those who ask questions about them.

When yesterday they confirmed that they are the ones to take care of the remake of KotOR I was very disappointed.
And I agree that GOG needs to start contacting these idiots and kick them out of here if necessary.
So I guess that hypothetical blacklist of untrustworty devs/publishers polysquirrel asked for a while ago would definitely include Aspyr then...