It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ChrisGamer300: I have contacted support...

I hope i will hear something back...
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I'm pretty sure you'll hear something like "we will look into it". It's a default response from GOG support, which in most cases means that they are not going to do anything.
I'm not going to relent on this, if i have to bang my head against the wall until they have atleast tried to listen i will. I'm pissed and this issue must see improvements. Grr !
Post edited June 27, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: I'm not going to relent on this, if i have to bang my head against the wall until they have atleast tried to listen i will. I'm pissed and this issue must see improvements. Grr !
They still "can't" add achievements even to their own game (The Witcher 2). I think it perfectly illustrates how much they care.

Over the past couple of years, the GOG team has almost completely lost my trust in them. Asking them to fix / improve / update something is literally banging your head against the wall.

Here's a recent example I ran into:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/problems_with_tyranny_gold_edition

Nothing has been done yet and probably never will be. They don't even consider it necessary to appear in that topic and offer at least some kind of solution.

But I wish you the best of luck on your crusade! Maybe you can get them to start doing something.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Asking them to fix / improve / update something is literally banging your head against the wall.
In my experince - support is doing things.
But it can be really slow process.

Anyway - my experince with GOGers is more positive than negative.
ChrisGamer300: I'm not going to relent on this, if i have to bang my head against the wall until they have atleast tried to listen i will. I'm pissed and this issue must see improvements. Grr !
OHMYGODJCABOMB: They still "can't" add achievements even to their own game (The Witcher 2). I think it perfectly illustrates how much they care.

Over the past couple of years, the GOG team has almost completely lost my trust in them. Asking them to fix / improve / update something is literally banging your head against the wall.

Here's a recent example I ran into:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/problems_with_tyranny_gold_edition

Nothing has been done yet and probably never will be. They don't even consider it necessary to appear in that topic and offer at least some kind of solution.

But I wish you the best of luck on your crusade! Maybe you can get them to start doing something.
Much appreciated, i guess i will need luck !

I sent GOG quite the long rant but politetely or mostly ofc and a link to this thread while i argued the importance of transparency and keeping working on the list but we'll see.
high rated
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Asking them to fix / improve / update something is literally banging your head against the wall.
Edward_Carnby: In my experince - support is doing things.

My experiences when it actually comes to broken games is that those issues were getting "forwarded to product" which unfortunately almost every time was the same as not doing anything. Still have a bunch of unfixed games thanks to this stupid policy of GOG in which they close the ticket after "forwarding". Also, right now support is slower than slow and the last time I tried to make a thread and remind GOG that they still have a lot of work to do it was deleted by GOG because I was not even allowed to complain over support. So unfortunately right now I am unable to share your optimism regarding GOG support. While I am sure that the guys on support will always try what they can the whole support system on GOG right now does not feel good anymore. Creating a ticket so often is just a waste of time because "support is flooded with issues" ... well if support does not have enough people, how about hiring new people (maybe WITHOUT the requirement to work in Poland)? Not long ago GOG was celebrating how good they are doing ... so maybe they should put some of this money into their infrastructure which is broken beyond disbelief right now. Don't get me wrong, I still like the people working for GOG but not those that are in charge .
Post edited June 28, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: My experiences when it actually comes to broken games is that those issues were getting "forwarded to product" which unfortunately almost every time was the same as not doing anything. Still have a bunch of unfixed games thanks to this stupid policy of GOG in which they close the ticket after "forwarding".
I've never heard of any other company allowing Customer Support to close tickets when they pass them to others (and so leaving customers in the dark). Gog's absurd policy on employments is leaving them with too few or bad staff (e.g: those who kept repeating the same mistakes for literally years).
Post edited June 28, 2021 by phaolo
Just wanted to say I appreciate your determination and effort.
Edward_Carnby: In my experince - support is doing things.

MarkoH01: My experiences when it actually comes to broken games is that those issues were getting "forwarded to product" which unfortunately almost every time was the same as not doing anything. Still have a bunch of unfixed games thanks to this stupid policy of GOG in which they close the ticket after "forwarding". Also, right now support is slower than slow and the last time I tried to make a thread and remind GOG that they still have a lot of work to do it was deleted by GOG because I was not even allowed to complain over support. So unfortunately right now I am unable to share your optimism regarding GOG support. While I am sure that the guys on support will always try what they can the whole support system on GOG right now does not feel good anymore. Creating a ticket so often is just a waste of time because "support is flooded with issues" ... well if support does not have enough people, how about hiring new people (maybe WITHOUT the requirement to work in Poland)? Not long ago GOG was celebrating how good they are doing ... so maybe they should put some of this money into their infrastructure which is broken beyond disbelief right now. Don't get me wrong, I still like the people working for GOG but not those that are in charge .
Maybe you are blaming the wrong people then? Forwarded to product basically means the developers of the game are the ones that don't care.
high rated
hamidious: Maybe you are blaming the wrong people then? Forwarded to product basically means the developers of the game are the ones that don't care.
I am pretty sure they mean the product department at GOG. GOG would not need to forward anything to the devs - I could contact them myself.
Post edited June 28, 2021 by MarkoH01
high rated
Galaxy AND Offline Installers for GRIP have been updated to ver. 1.53.
(Thanks to Edward_Carnby for this)
Not sure if this qualifies, but Bear With Me: The Complete Collection is missing two achievements. Eye of the Seagull is broken so that is not possible and that means True Detective is also not possible.

I have reached out to the developers (broken links everywhere, not possible to contact them) and finally to Modus, who is the distributor. Their answer is that the achievements will not be fixed on GOG because of ... limitations at Epic Games Store?

I guess they do not care enough to even check which non-Steam store I am talking about. At no point did I mention Epic in our conversation. I clearly mentioned GOG and even gave GOG links in the request so there is no excuse for the mix up.

Their response is attached if someone can make heads or tails of it.

I did respond politely asking for clarification as Epic Games do not have achievements and my request was about GOG, not Epic. Reminding them I was asking to fix an existing achievement that is broken, not to implement a whole achievement system to a platform I do not use. There has been no response to my request of clarification.
Attachments:
frogthroat: Not sure if this qualifies, but Bear With Me: The Complete Collection is missing two achievements. Eye of the Seagull is broken so that is not possible and that means True Detective is also not possible.
It does qualify but not for THIS list ... you should post it here.
Post edited June 29, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: It does qualify but not for THIS list ... you should post it here.
Already discussed about this there.

I was just thinking that if the response from the distributor is "what do you mean not Steam? You mean Epic? Naw son, not going to do anything. Here, use Steam instead" it would kind of qualify as them treating us as second class citizens.
frogthroat: Not sure if this qualifies, but Bear With Me: The Complete Collection is missing two achievements. Eye of the Seagull is broken so that is not possible and that means True Detective is also not possible.

I have reached out to the developers (broken links everywhere, not possible to contact them) and finally to Modus, who is the distributor. Their answer is that the achievements will not be fixed on GOG because of ... limitations at Epic Games Store?

I guess they do not care enough to even check which non-Steam store I am talking about. At no point did I mention Epic in our conversation. I clearly mentioned GOG and even gave GOG links in the request so there is no excuse for the mix up.

Their response is attached if someone can make heads or tails of it.

I did respond politely asking for clarification as Epic Games do not have achievements and my request was about GOG, not Epic. Reminding them I was asking to fix an existing achievement that is broken, not to implement a whole achievement system to a platform I do not use. There has been no response to my request of clarification.
welcome in the world of competencies..
maybe it will become standard that such things will be processed by KI systems in the future and not by unwilling humans, who are not intrested to do their job properly.
frogthroat: I was just thinking that if the response from the distributor is "what do you mean not Steam? You mean Epic? Naw son, not going to do anything. Here, use Steam instead" it would kind of qualify as them treating us as second class citizens.
They did already by not fixing the achievements and showing that they don't care to read your question ... but this thread is more about things that can be attributed to the game itself and not the motivation of the devs or publisher.

However - regarding the offered Steam keys, it seems as if it is really simple for publishers and other guys involved in the development or publishing of a game to get spare Steam keys ... only once I actually got a few GOG keys as thank you from a dev. Honestly it would not surprise me if it would be more complicated to get GOG keys than Steam keys for devs given how often GOG does handle things unnecessary complicated. If you are interested how this works I have a few guys (working in development and localisation) I could ask.
Post edited June 29, 2021 by MarkoH01