It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is officially on all other platforms on version 1.9.3, the GOG version is still lagging two versions behind, on 1.9.1.

On top of that, both the offline and Galaxy installers have deviating version numbers that are completely out of whack. The current offline installer says 1.9.4 while it’s the official version 1.9.1. It’s stupid, frustrating, and confusing.
basler04: GOG's developer docs (https://docs.gog.com/offline-installers/) indicate that offline installers are automatically generated after developers publish a new build.
Interesting. I seem to remember delays of up to a week though ...Hm.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by Leroux
4-vektor: Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is officially on all other platforms on version 1.9.3, the GOG version is still lagging two versions behind, on 1.9.1.

On top of that, both the offline and Galaxy installers have deviating version numbers that are completely out of whack. The current offline installer says 1.9.4 while it’s the official version 1.9.1. It’s stupid, frustrating, and confusing.
It's updated now
basler04: GOG's developer docs (https://docs.gog.com/offline-installers/) indicate that offline installers are automatically generated after developers publish a new build.
Thank you for that info, that's quite interesting!
But if that's really the procedure on how offline installers are created I don't get why there are still so many outdated installers (in comparison to the galaxy builds)?
Post edited February 01, 2021 by ditorius
high rated
ditorius: Thank you for that info, that's quite interesting!
But if that's really the procedure on how offline installers are created I don't get why there are still so many outdated installers (in comparison to the galaxy builds)?
It's been ages I talked to somebody from GOG about the offline installers (unfortunately I can't remember anymore with who exactly). I was told back then that the offline installers will be created automatically from the Galaxy files but that the update has to get flagged and obviosuly sometimes this flagging does not work correctly or not at all. So I guess that GOG is running sort of a build script every now and then and every "flagged" game will get its offline installer created while those that aren't flagged don't. In the end result you get offline installers missing with GOG not even knowing about the update. It would also explain why offline installers in most cases are not there immediately after the Galaxy update.
Post edited February 02, 2021 by MarkoH01
ditorius: Thank you for that info, that's quite interesting!
MarkoH01: It's been ages I talked to somebody from GOG about the offline installers (unfortunately I can't remember anymore with who exactly). I was told back then that the offline installers will be created automatically from the Galaxy files but that the update has to get flagged and obviosuly sometimes this flagging does not work correctly or not at all. So I guess that GOG is running sort of a build script every now and then and every "flagged" game will get its offline installer created while those that aren't flagged don't. In the end result you get offline installers missing with GOG not even knowing about the update. It would also explain why offline installers in most cases are not there immediately after the Galaxy update.
Well if that's correct if would fall under "negligence" category (as well as treating non-Galaxy users officially as less important).
high rated
I've waited long enough now. Here's another addition for the list:

Call of the Sea

GOG still has the initial version 0.2.5.10
Steam was updated on December 21 to version 1.1.105

I've contacted the devs some time ago. Here's what they replied:
We're currently working hard to bring the GOG version up to date with the current version on Steam, that said we can't currently give an ETA for this.
You can follow all our progress on https://www.calloftheseagame.com/blog/release-notes
MarkoH01: It's been ages I talked to somebody from GOG about the offline installers (unfortunately I can't remember anymore with who exactly). I was told back then that the offline installers will be created automatically from the Galaxy files but that the update has to get flagged and obviosuly sometimes this flagging does not work correctly or not at all. So I guess that GOG is running sort of a build script every now and then and every "flagged" game will get its offline installer created while those that aren't flagged don't. In the end result you get offline installers missing with GOG not even knowing about the update. It would also explain why offline installers in most cases are not there immediately after the Galaxy update.
B1tF1ghter: Well if that's correct if would fall under "negligence" category (as well as treating non-Galaxy users officially as less important).
I would say it would fall under technical incompetence since those things should not happen or not happen that often. I fail to see how this is a sign that Galaxy people are treated as less important. Before Galaxy the offline installers had to be created manually so you would have to wait even longer. If all devs would upload their builds by themselves and this mysterious flagging would work as intended there would not be any problem. I just need to take a look at the many broken technical things here in the forum and on the website and I am hardly surprised to see this being continued in the way their update system works ... or better said does not work.
Post edited February 02, 2021 by MarkoH01
4-vektor: Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is officially on all other platforms on version 1.9.3, the GOG version is still lagging two versions behind, on 1.9.1.

Edward_Carnby: It's updated now
Yeah, finally, after 7 weeks.

And the Snapshot games published version is already at version 1.10. They roll out the latest versions to all platforms at the same time, and yet, for no good reason, GOG is lagging behind for weeks on end.

On top of it all, if you want to read the patch notes on Galaxy you still see the patch notes for 1.9.1. To make it even more ridiculous, the button to read the patch notes says “View patch notes (1.9.3)”.

GOG needs to get their sh*t together.
Post edited February 05, 2021 by 4-vektor
Anybody knows what happened to that other thread, which listed games with partial DRM being sold on GOG? It had a nice list and convenient tagging, complete with analysis:

Games with multiplayer DRM (like Shadow Warrior 2)

Games with single player DRM (like No Man's Sky)

Games with bonus content, third party account and/or activation through client or other service DRM (like Cyberpunk, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, others)

Although i managed to tag and arrange my library titles in time before said thread vanished, it was a very nice source of information. I had it on par with this wonderful thread right here and before which, i was cool with its ancestor, the same-name GOGMix of old.

Where can i find it? Did they purge it?
high rated
Steamisbetter: Anybody knows what happened to that other thread, which listed games with partial DRM being sold on GOG? It had a nice list and convenient tagging, complete with analysis:

Games with multiplayer DRM (like Shadow Warrior 2)

Games with single player DRM (like No Man's Sky)

Games with bonus content, third party account and/or activation through client or other service DRM (like Cyberpunk, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, others)

Although i managed to tag and arrange my library titles in time before said thread vanished, it was a very nice source of information. I had it on par with this wonderful thread right here and before which, i was cool with its ancestor, the same-name GOGMix of old.

Where can i find it? Did they purge it?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm

Related but not what you asked:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_multiplayer_list_of_games_that_actually_are_100_drmfree
high rated
Fury Unleashed is now at version 1.7 (same as Steam) and it should include all the hotfixes (1.6.2, 1.6.4 and 1.6.5) that were released on Steam these last couple of weeks
high rated
Good news for Seven: Enhanced Edition - Patch 1.3.3

i've contact the Developer yesterday and received an answer very fast:

"Yes, we're aware and have patch work for GOG in our production pipeline scheduled for next couple of weeks."

:)
ERASER_M: Good news for Seven: Enhanced Edition - Patch 1.3.3

"Yes, we're aware and have patch work for GOG in our production pipeline scheduled for next couple of weeks."

"Production pipeline" == working on it. NOT "distribution ready".
Considering added QA time it can take quite long to get to the patch being live. It can be far more than "just" "couple of weeks".
high rated
ERASER_M: Good news for Seven: Enhanced Edition - Patch 1.3.3

B1tF1ghter: "Production pipeline" == working on it. NOT "distribution ready".
Considering added QA time it can take quite long to get to the patch being live. It can be far more than "just" "couple of weeks".
This might be true but the reply is by far better than "no reply/no comment" or "we know but we don't care". They actually stated that it is there mistake and that they are planning to fix it ... still good news for me :)
Post edited February 11, 2021 by MarkoH01