It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: The game does have achievements that aren't tied to a client; it just calls them "Feats", and they do work on the GOG version.
Wait, the game has its own achievs?
That's good news to me!
Even if I wish Galaxy recognized them, client-independent achievs are always better.
Post edited January 24, 2021 by phaolo
high rated
phaolo: The Shovel Knight devs finally replied to my email from May about the OST DLC and the achievs.

For the first request, the solution is still decent:
[i] The soundtrack is actually available for free at Jake Kaufman's bandcamp website:
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-original-soundtrack .[/i]

For achievs, instead, it's a negative answer:
As for achievements, unfortunately, development for Treasure Trove is complete and the team is already hard at work on many new projects. I'm apologize for the inconvenience.
They also offer the DLC soundtracks for free:
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-ost
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-specter-of-torment-ost
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-king-of-cards-ost
and a non-chiptune version of the base game OST: https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/strike-the-earth-shovel-knight-arranged

What a deal!
Wurzelkraft: They also offer the DLC soundtracks for free:
Thanks.
Not my fav OST overall, but if someone needs a quick selection of some good tracks, here you are:

-base game

main theme
plains of passage, strike the earth
flying machine, high above the land
lost city, an underlying problem
mole knight, the claws of fate
village interiors, pastorale
the requiem of shield knight
explodatorium, flowers of antimony
end credits, reprise

-arrangement

main theme, by norg
flying machine, luxury liner, by mark 'blaz' soto
lost city, no sense running, by supersquare
village, the lovely deer ladies, by midee
explodatorium, the science wizard, by jake kaufman
a knight's darkest hour, by jayson napolitano

-plague

the alchemist's haven
art through adversity

-cards

lost city, facing the task
airship upgraded, crowd control
It looks like Windbound might be another sad addition to this list, even if it's a bit hard to tell due to GOG's neglect of the changelogs.

The last entry in GOG's changelog is Update 1.1.38199.110 (30 October 2020)
The current version of the offline installer is 1.2.39494.162

The current Steam version is 1.2.39494.499 (21 December 2020)
It's supposed to contain a new Free Sailing Mode.

The current offline installer version from GOG only offers Adventure, Survivalist and Endless as Game Modes, so I assume this is not the latest version that was released on Steam more than a month ago. :(

EDIT: Looks like the game is up-to-date, and there is just confusion due to differing version numbers and lack of a proper changelog!
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Leroux
Leroux: It looks like Windbound might be another sad addition to this list, even if it's a bit hard to tell due to GOG's neglect of the changelogs.

The last entry in GOG's changelog is Update 1.1.38199.110 (30 October 2020)
The current version of the offline installer is 1.2.39494.162

The current Steam version is 1.2.39494.499 (21 December 2020)
It's supposed to contain a new Free Sailing Mode.

The current offline installer version from GOG only offers Adventure, Survivalist and Endless as Game Modes, so I assume this is not the latest version that was released on Steam more than a month ago. :(
I once had a conversation with a dev and he said that updating GOG store was his responsability.
Isn't the same way for all games?

Just asking: Is GOG responsability to update all games and changelogs or the owners of such games responsability?
Leroux: The current offline installer version from GOG only offers Adventure, Survivalist and Endless as Game Modes, so I assume this is not the latest version that was released on Steam more than a month ago. :(
The free sailing mode is definitely in the latest GOG version. Windbound received the update the same day as Steam. Screenshot attached.
Attachments:
windbound.jpg (341 Kb)
Leroux: The current offline installer version from GOG only offers Adventure, Survivalist and Endless as Game Modes, so I assume this is not the latest version that was released on Steam more than a month ago. :(
Hustlefan: The free sailing mode is definitely in the latest GOG version. Windbound received the update the same day as Steam. Screenshot attached.
Thanks for the reply! I don't have this option in my menu. Does it become available only later in the game? And did you use the offline installer or Galaxy?

EDIT: Oh, I see, it only turns up after you've started a new game. So it looks like the GOG version is up-to-date after all. It still begs the question why GOG uses a different version number than Steam though, and GOG not updating the changelogs also adds to the confusion.

D.Keys: Just asking: Is GOG responsability to update all games and changelogs or the owners of such games responsability?
I don't have the answer to that; I was always assuming the way it's supposed to work is the devs have to provide the newest version and GOG then wraps it into their offline installers and updates the changelog. Would make the most sense to me - and also explain why in so many cases it's not done properly, seeing how GOG is behind in a lot of others matters to, due to being shortstaffed and overwhelmed with the work, apparently. It comes across as very unprofessional though, for a store with such high ambitions.
Leroux: Thanks for the reply! I don't have this option in my menu. Does it become available only later in the game?
I've finished the game a while ago so it's possible that this mode only becomes available after finishing the main story but i don't know.

Leroux: And did you use teh offline installer or Galaxy?
I've uninstalled my Windbound Galaxy installation and reinstalled the game with the offline installer for testing this. :)
Hustlefan: I've finished the game a while ago so it's possible that this mode only becomes available after finishing the main story but i don't know.
No, it seems to turn up as soon as you've started the game and entered the portal, I think, just not directly from the main menu the first time you run the game, and not under Game Modes (I guess it's on top of the game modes you choose and not an alternative to them? no idea).

Leroux: I've uninstalled my Windbound Galaxy installation and reinstalled the game with the offline installer for testing this. :)
Wow, thanks for going to all the trouble! :) *blushing*
This is a thread I just found. I'm seeing the google sheet with various missing stuff, and there is a pretty sizeable list. Question: are there any games that glaringly missing essential features, like advertised SP campaign on a MP game missing or subtitles or controller support on Steam version but not GOG version or windowed/full screen mode? I appreciate the effort to find that german support or achievments or daily challenges are missing (egregious yes) but to me some of those are stuff that I barely notice in all honesty.

TLDR

games that advertised single player or controller support or windowed/full screen but didn't have in GOG version?
letsmaybeLP92:
See the list of special mentions.

To me missing controller support is of no consequence whatsoever but to you it seems to be critical. A good example of how different things are important to different people. I suggest checking the titles you plan on buying when you do.
letsmaybeLP92:
Themken: See the list of special mentions.

To me missing controller support is of no consequence whatsoever but to you it seems to be critical. A good example of how different things are important to different people. I suggest checking the titles you plan on buying when you do.
Thanks for that! I'll check that out.
D.Keys: Just asking: Is GOG responsability to update all games and changelogs or the owners of such games responsability?
Leroux: I don't have the answer to that; I was always assuming the way it's supposed to work is the devs have to provide the newest version and GOG then wraps it into their offline installers and updates the changelog. Would make the most sense to me - (...)
Yes, probably, now that you said that it makes more sense this way.

By the way, the dev I talked with was Oriental Empires dev. He's a nice guy. Probably what he meant is that he should give GOG team the new build, so GOG team would update, just like you said.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by D.Keys
Leroux: I don't have the answer to that; I was always assuming the way it's supposed to work is the devs have to provide the newest version and GOG then wraps it into their offline installers and updates the changelog. Would make the most sense to me - and also explain why in so many cases it's not done properly, seeing how GOG is behind in a lot of others matters to, due to being shortstaffed and overwhelmed with the work, apparently. It comes across as very unprofessional though, for a store with such high ambitions.
GOG's developer docs (https://docs.gog.com/offline-installers/) indicate that offline installers are automatically generated after developers publish a new build.
Leroux: I don't have the answer to that; I was always assuming the way it's supposed to work is the devs have to provide the newest version and GOG then wraps it into their offline installers and updates the changelog. Would make the most sense to me - and also explain why in so many cases it's not done properly, seeing how GOG is behind in a lot of others matters to, due to being shortstaffed and overwhelmed with the work, apparently. It comes across as very unprofessional though, for a store with such high ambitions.
basler04: GOG's developer docs (https://docs.gog.com/offline-installers/) indicate that offline installers are automatically generated after developers publish a new build.
Nice, thanks for the info!