It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Point_Man: Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with the thread, but i see someone mentioning Dying Light should be taken off the list. Was anything ever done about the missing dockets that are only available for the Steam version as far as i'm aware?
That is actually a new issue I did not even know about and the problem here might be that Dying Light even on Steam obviously requires you to link your account to their web site to be able to use that feature. I doubt many would want that. The former issue (missing DLC) was there because people did not want to have to go online/using Galaxy to get the DLC content. I also don't know if it is even possible to do such a link - I know GOG did it in the case of GOG connect but that goes far beyond my tech knowledge. So since without account linking this feature - according to their FAQ - does not work at all I am not sure how this could have been handled. Maybe someone else can give additional information.

But yes, as you can see in attachment it does not seem that GOG is included at this moment.
Attachments:
dld.jpg (238 Kb)
Post edited November 30, 2018 by MarkoH01
Point_Man: Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with the thread, but i see someone mentioning Dying Light should be taken off the list. Was anything ever done about the missing dockets that are only available for the Steam version as far as i'm aware?
MarkoH01: That is actually a new issue I did not even know about and the problem here might be that Dying Light even on Steam obviously requires you to link your account to their web site to be able to use that feature. I doubt many would want that. The former issue (missing DLC) was there because people did not want to have to go online/using Galaxy to get the DLC content. I also don't know if it is even possible to do such a link - I know GOG did it in the case of GOG connect but that goes far beyond my tech knowledge. So since without account linking this feature - according to their FAQ - does not work at all I am not sure how this could have been handled. Maybe someone else can give additional information.

But yes, as you can see in attachment it does not seem that GOG is included at this moment.
Techland offered what was basically a Docket once on GOG in the form of an offline installer, but i assume that turning all the currently available Dockets into separate offline installers would be too much effort/time consuming for them.
Attachments:
MarkoH01: That is actually a new issue I did not even know about and the problem here might be that Dying Light even on Steam obviously requires you to link your account to their web site to be able to use that feature. I doubt many would want that. The former issue (missing DLC) was there because people did not want to have to go online/using Galaxy to get the DLC content. I also don't know if it is even possible to do such a link - I know GOG did it in the case of GOG connect but that goes far beyond my tech knowledge. So since without account linking this feature - according to their FAQ - does not work at all I am not sure how this could have been handled. Maybe someone else can give additional information.

Point_Man: Techland offered what was basically a Docket once on GOG in the form of an offline installer, but i assume that turning all the currently available Dockets into separate offline installers would be too much effort/time consuming for them.
Ah - o.k. that would be one possible way to solve that and it's obviously something Techland could do. So in this case I agree to put them back on the list.
I think that in this case we should just wait for them to stop working on the game and release the super-mega-gold-final-goty-platinum edition, probably just before the release of the sequel.
MarkoH01: a store that has "DRM-free" on the front page and every announcement (it's actually their biggest selling point at the moment)
Honestly, I think it's their ONLY selling point at the moment...
MarkoH01: a store that has "DRM-free" on the front page and every announcement (it's actually their biggest selling point at the moment)
fronzelneekburm: Honestly, I think it's their ONLY selling point at the moment...
What about offline installers, wallet funds instead of complete regional pricing and friendly support? Not much - but it's still there.
fronzelneekburm: Honestly, I think it's their ONLY selling point at the moment...
MarkoH01: What about offline installers, wallet funds instead of complete regional pricing and friendly support? Not much - but it's still there.
DRM-free already covers the offline installers IMHO. ;P

Support does indeed get a big +1 from me. They've always been exceedingly helpful with all the issues I've had. Every time I say something dickish about gog I feel a little bad because of the pleasant experiences I've had with support.
fronzelneekburm: DRM-free already covers the offline installers IMHO. ;P
But it should not. Download a game from Steam (which does not require the client afterwards) or humble or itch.io it will be DRM-free but you won't have an actual installer but only some zipped files.
MarkoH01: What about offline installers, wallet funds instead of complete regional pricing and friendly support? Not much - but it's still there.
Pretty sure that will be the next thing they'll bury. The fair price policy is not even mentioned anymore on the front page.

"You should not pay more just because you live in a different country. We pay the difference out of our own pocket" - Those words will be forgotten soon.
ChrisSZ: Pretty sure that will be the next thing they'll bury. The fair price policy is not even mentioned anymore on the front page.

"You should not pay more just because you live in a different country. We pay the difference out of our own pocket" - Those words will be forgotten soon.
What's the difference it currently ignores btw? Recall it was 10 cents I think for Foxtail? Definitely the 1 cent for Thronebreaker in regions that get it at 1 cent over base, not sure about those that have it at a few more extra cents.
ChrisSZ: Pretty sure that will be the next thing they'll bury. The fair price policy is not even mentioned anymore on the front page.

Cavalary: What's the difference it currently ignores btw? Recall it was 10 cents I think for Foxtail? Definitely the 1 cent for Thronebreaker in regions that get it at 1 cent over base, not sure about those that have it at a few more extra cents.
Did I misunderstand you or is this really a complaint about ignoring some cents?

Also, appearently Wuppo has been updated - but since there's no changelog, I don't know if it is the missing update.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
Regardless of any dockets being available or not on GOG, Dying Light is definitely still a second-class citizen experience on GOG anyway, because it has no Crossplay even though it desperately needs it.

For examples, no Crossplay results in the GOG user having an almost virtually impossible chance to obtain the Korek Machete v2 blueprint, which is designed to require multiple players cooperating together at the same time. Likewise, no Crossplay also makes it virtually impossible for the GOG user to complete the Bozak Horde DLC, which is also designed to require multiple players cooperating together (and the in-game text before you enter that DLC even says so directly, and warns against entering it alone).

Some people may try to rebut these points by saying that it is technically possible to do those things on GOG without multiple players, but that doesn't change the point, since doing so requires time-consuming, aggravating, and painstaking processes that the Steam user counterpart need not go through at all, given that the Steam user has quick & easy access to playing with lots of players whenever they want.

Moreover, there is also the simple point that for people who just want to play multiplayer for the sake of playing multiplayer, doing so is virtually impossible on GOG, yet easy-as-pie on Steam.

Additionally, there's the multiplayer competitive sides to the game (co-op competitions, and Be the Zombie mode), which is also virtually impossible to play on the GOG version.

These aforementioned things point to another huge flaw inherent with the very premise of how the list itself is made: accurately to assess whether a game treats GOG customers like second-class citizens or not requires an evaluation of whether the game needs Crossplay yet doesn't have it (a principle for which Dying Light is a prime example).
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Snip
Honestly, I don't think it's the developer's fault if a game sells less on a platform compared to another. The game is exactly the same on Steam and GOG (except for those dockets, which in fact are a second-class treatment). If people prefer to buy it on Steam (and thus the playerbase is bigger there) the developer is not required to artificially "bump" the sales on the less relevant platform or add features to reduce the disparity.

Second-class treatment != Buy the game elsewhere

You can have perfect parity, but still prefer to buy the game on the most popular platform because there are more people playing on there. Developing crossplay is costly and GOG is the only platform that has a low player count in Dying Light multiplayer, so it's not the game's fault. The list is for games that give you inferior versions on GOG, not for games that you should buy elsewhere because it's more convenient. Or at least it should be, in my eyes.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by user deleted
MarkoH01: Did I misunderstand you or is this really a complaint about ignoring some cents?
Why wouldn't it be? Wasn't the idea if (regPrice > basePrice) { walletFunds += (regPrice - basePrice) }? If that changed to basePrice+x, x may now be 10 cents or whatever, but who's to say it won't change?
(Not that the situation itself is tolerable in any way.)
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Cavalary
high rated
SteamWorld Heist -

In June I wrote them an email about the GOG version being outdated, and I got a response soon after:

Hi,
We are well aware that the GoG version is lagging behind the published Steam version, and this is unfortunate.

The 2.1 version of SteamWorld Heist will be, unfortunately, delayed until late September due to internal workload and added features and the rights to publish those.
I can not go into details on the later, I can only apologize that you will not have the patch until late September, sorry.

Regards,
September came and gone, I wrote to them again on 6th October, got a response 3 days later:

HI,

In the patch we have Chinese and Japanese languages added, and the localization is under embargo of the Asian publisher. The embargo is about to run out, though and we will release it as soon as we are allowed.

Best regards,
We are now in December, still no update.