It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: So in the end it is a tricky one imo. On the one hand it is in fact just a mod on the other hand it is a very important mod that has been turned into an official update on Steam - so why is this not the case here on GOG?
GOG incorporates fan patches sometimes and Steam does not, so it goes both ways. As long as the fan patch is available elsewhere I really don't see it as an issue. Especially if it is still being worked on and not finalized.
The newly released Northgard DLC Brundr & Kaelinn, Clan of the Lynx was not released on GOG day-and-day with Steam. Just something to keep an eye on...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1401490/Northgard__Brundr__Kaelinn_Clan_of_the_Lynx/
MarkoH01: Agreed and even worse, they expect us to buy their future game Serious Sam 4 which might end up outdated as well. Think again, Croteam.
fronzelneekburm: Scroteam are full of shit... news at 11.

I have a hunch that if the sales numbers on gog tank because people are wary of ending up with a gimped/inferior product, they will use this as an excuse to not bring more of their games here/keep supporting the games that are here. They will then take to social media and whine about how gog accounts for 165% of pirated copies of SS4.

A vicious circle, really. But one entirely of their own making. Either way, we're the ones that end up with the short end of the stick.
That sounds depressingly accurate. Companies like this know what they are doing. GOG customers are basically "set up to fail"...no matter what we do here, the scummy companies like this win one way or another. So be it. I won't be buying this or any Croteam products. Glad I got The First Encounter when it was offered free here on GOG. My "encounter" with their products can start and end there.
Truth437: The newly released Northgard DLC Brundr & Kaelinn, Clan of the Lynx was not released on GOG day-and-day with Steam. Just something to keep an eye on...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1401490/Northgard__Brundr__Kaelinn_Clan_of_the_Lynx/
The developer posted on the game-specific subforum. They have already submitted the DLC to GOG: https://www.gog.com/forum/northgard/new_dlc
high rated
Looks like THQ Nordic decided to give GOG Linux users the short end of the stick with Desperados III. We aren't getting the game. Someone quoting their response from Discord:
When will the Linux & Mac versions be released on GOG.com?

@crash Hey Crash, there is currently no plans of releasing it to GOG as the amount of users that uses those two systems on GOG is well very low we rather have those systems gathered in one place where it is easier to provide support and help if needed than spread out across multiple platforms where it then would be very hard to provide support and keep everyone on the same page.
Post edited September 16, 2020 by shmerl
shmerl:
Wow, what a load of... And from a publisher that seemed to be in really good relations with GOG.
Cavalary: Wow, what a load of... And from a publisher that seemed to be in really good relations with GOG.
I'm surprised too, especially since they released their previous games on GOG for Linux just fine.
Well, that's certainly a way to reduce the length of my wishlist... :/
MarkoH01: Regarding the missing update for Serious Sam: The First Encounter here on GOG.
After asking two times on discord and getting my mail back from the website because it could not be delivered I finally posted a DM to the mod on discord. The mod did not react but he did not have any problems posting more announcements for the new Serious Sam game so I complained and that's when I got the following reply:

"I'm sorry, I don't know you. I'm not obligated to reply to you privately. I am also allowed to miss your messages when they come in because I've got work to do. Maybe a gentle ping would do you better than straight up rude comments. There are currently no plans on updating SS TFE on GOG."

Croteam cannot expect that I will ever buy a single game from them in the future with this attitude.
Is this just a case of a volunteer Discord mod mouthing off on their own, without the company even knowing about it? I don't know the exact situation in this case, but it wouldn't be the first time some drunk on power volunteer mod just ran their mouth and someone needs to bring it to the attention of someone in the company. Of course you said the site's email is bouncing, so I don't know what the next step should be.
shmerl: Looks like THQ Nordic decided to give GOG Linux users the short end of the stick with Desperados III. We aren't getting the game.
This is a Unity game that already has a Linux release on Steam. Building a DRM-free Linux release would be trivial.
Silverfall: Complete

Silverfall: Earth Awakening is merged with the base game, while on Steam it's a separate library entry that doesn't require installing or even purchasing the base game.

You can see the notification on the Earth Awakening store page on Steam:

Notice: This is a stand alone expansion and does not require the original Silverfall to buy or play Earth Awakening.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Silverfall: Complete

Silverfall: Earth Awakening is merged with the base game, while on Steam it's a separate library entry that doesn't require installing or even purchasing the base game.

You can see the notification on the Earth Awakening store page on Steam:

Notice: This is a stand alone expansion and does not require the original Silverfall to buy or play Earth Awakening.
OHMYGODJCABOMB:
Have you purchased it? Cause normally on GOG with bundles like this, when you buy, it will show as separate entries in your library.
Crimson-X: snip
Watch the screenshot here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_silverfall_complete_d2870/post17

It has one entry for both the game and the expansion, which should be standalone.
Just noticed by accident, is it possible that we even miss some bonus content on Witcher 3 (compared to Steam release)?
If I check the Witcher 3 Soundtrack on Steam, there are 35 songs but the soundtrack on GOG includes 34 songs only (missing "35 Hunt or Be Hunted.flac")

Is this actually possible or did I miss something?
Crimson-X: snip
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Watch the screenshot here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_silverfall_complete_d2870/post17

It has one entry for both the game and the expansion, which should be standalone.
Ah I see... that's odd.