It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seb-gog: People usually say that it is the publisher and not the developer that decides what platform to publish on, right?

I just noticed that Snowrunner is on Focus Entertainment.
The same Focus Entertainment that has published lots of games on GOG, like A Plague Tale games, Vampyr, Blacktail, Hired Gun, Greedfall, The Counsil, The Surge, and so on and so on.

Of course they also have a large bunch of games NOT on GOG.

What decides that some games, even old ones like Mudrunner or Farming Simulator 19, should not come to GOG?
While other titles, even new ones and sort of triple-A ones, does come to GOG?

Anyone know how they reason? Are some devs blocking GOG or what?

Maybe someone has twitter or some other social media and can ask Focus Entertainment a simple question about Snowrunner, since they already have so many other games here?
Unless I'm the only one who really want that game in here of course ;)
mechmouse: Possibly down to IP licensing of Vehicles or music, they could come with DRM terms attached
Ah, it can be that simple explanations...that's sad :(

Yeah I mailed publisher for Euro Truck Sim (didn't find a real mail so I tried their support, but no answer of course).
For Focus Entertainment I found no mail at all so I can't contact them, since I don't use Steam or Twitter or Instagram or Facebook or Discord or........
Post edited February 11, 2023 by Seb-gog
Hello. For "Focus", I don't know why some games are released on gog and not others.
But in my opinion, it's often for reasons outside Focus.
I have discussed some time ago with one of my contact at "Focus" about the situation of "Atomic Heart" with the Dénuvo drm.

First of all, I reassure you, Gog and Focus are on very good terms according to him. Focus is not particularly fond of drm.

He doesn't know the reason why Atomic Heart doesn't come out on gog and why he has denuvo. But he told me that sometimes Focus doesn't have full power to decide. And that the decision is multiple.

In my opinion, I think that in the case of "Atomic Heart", the reason comes from the studio itself. "Focus came later at the end of the development to publish it. But he doesn't own the studio in question. So it's possible that the studio is the only one responsible to decide if they want a release on gog or not. "Focus doesn't have a say in it I guess.

I don't know if the other games you mentioned (like Mudrunner) are in the same situation. But in my opinion, there must be similar reasons for some.
Very interresting, thanks for the information :)
In the end Wanted: Dead wasn't released on GOG despite the promising tweet, and according to the reviews it also sucks. So if they had intentions of dumping it on us with a few months/years delay, I would turn it down if I were GOG.
Alexim: In the end Wanted: Dead wasn't released on GOG despite the promising tweet, and according to the reviews it also sucks. So if they had intentions of dumping it on us with a few months/years delay, I would turn it down if I were GOG.
Shame, looked like the type of silly tat I like
Alexim: In the end Wanted: Dead wasn't released on GOG despite the promising tweet, and according to the reviews it also sucks. So if they had intentions of dumping it on us with a few months/years delay, I would turn it down if I were GOG.
I wouldn't mind waiting a bit, the game costs 58,99€ right now...jeez.
NuffCatnip: I wouldn't mind waiting a bit, the game costs 58,99€ right now...jeez.
They definitely aimed too high with the price. XD
That semi-confirmation from a while back didn't sound like a day-1 release was even considered to begin with.
Probably going to show up in a few weeks or months, after sales on the other platform begin to dry up, as usual.
Swedrami: That semi-confirmation from a while back didn't sound like a day-1 release was even considered to begin with.
Probably going to show up in a few weeks or months, after sales on the other platform begin to dry up, as usual.
I think that is the case and looking at the current price tag...I can wait a while. :)
I wouldn't mind a release in summer with a 33% discount. :)

Too bad Soustice is taking so long, I'd love to play that game (on gog).
Post edited February 14, 2023 by NuffCatnip
high rated
Finally a game I'm interested in. :)

Looks like Remorse: The List is finally coming. I haven't bought it because I wanted to support a PC release on a non-Steam platform.

"DLC is coming FEB 23! Console versions too!
GoG version too!"

https://discord.com/channels/936636804621287474/938550953072799754/1075894023404912730

It's psychological survival-horror FPS reminiscent of Cry of Fear (and a town setting like Silent Hill, though perhaps more urban) and from at least one of the devs behind the HL2 horror mod Grey. Most will probably agree it's not better than CoF but still pretty good. 81% on Steam; 7-8/10 seems appropriate rating from the gameplay I've seen.

I think the best part of it is the atmosphere.

Thread I made about the game.

Wishlist entry: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/remorse_the_list

Gameplay on YouTube
Post edited February 17, 2023 by tfishell
high rated
Bleak Faith: Forsaken: 10 March 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9gocYK1KA
tfishell: Finally a game I'm interested in. :)

Looks like Remorse: The List is finally coming. I haven't bought it because I wanted to support a PC release on a non-Steam platform.

GoG version too!"

https://discord.com/channels/936636804621287474/938550953072799754/1075894023404912730

It's psychological survival-horror FPS reminiscent of Cry of Fear (and a town setting like Silent Hill, though perhaps more urban) and from at least one of the devs behind the HL2 horror mod Grey. Most will probably agree it's not better than CoF but still pretty good. 81% on Steam; 7-8/10 seems appropriate rating from the gameplay I've seen.

Gameplay on YouTube
Looking at your thread it is from 6 years ago. I wish more people had your discipline to not give in and buy on Scheme. Of course I also wish developers/publishers wouldn't make us wait literally over a decade to get a DRM-free version of a game (Skyrim, for example).

This game looks awesome and hopefully it will come here or to another DRM-free store.
tfishell: Finally a game I'm interested in. :)

GoG version too!"

Gameplay on YouTube
rjbuffchix: Looking at your thread it is from 6 years ago. I wish more people had your discipline to not give in and buy on Scheme. Of course I also wish developers/publishers wouldn't make us wait literally over a decade to get a DRM-free version of a game (Skyrim, for example).

This game looks awesome and hopefully it will come here or to another DRM-free store.
Thanks.

(edit: just to be clear the game has actually been out for 1 year, not 6 years.)

If I was more of a "gamer" and consistently gamed and desperately wanted to play it I might have. But I also have numerous unplayed GOG games so I'm in no rush. I've also seen lots of R:TL gameplay footage by now but I'll definitely still buy it to show support.

Bethesda seems to still be willing to release here (compared to most other AAA publishers) so I'll buy Doom 3 + RoE original if it is fiiinnnaaaaaallllyyy added (hopefully this year).
Post edited February 18, 2023 by tfishell
high rated
Retron22: Hopefully this is a sign that it'll come to GOG next and possibly Wreckfest along with it considering both are from Bugbear.
Wreckfest has now appeared in the bowels of the GOG whale and is probably going to be released soon.
Retron22: Hopefully this is a sign that it'll come to GOG next and possibly Wreckfest along with it considering both are from Bugbear.
WinterSnowfall: Wreckfest has now appeared in the bowels of the GOG whale and is probably going to be released soon.
YESSSS Thank for info =)