It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't know the story behind that particular game (and clearly not my kind), but i guess that when you're a curated store you have to draw a line which is necessarily biased and subjective. You will have some games around that line wich will be rejected altough some people can find them very good and so they will be disappointed.

But at the end of the day the vast majority of gog games are considered as atleast "good games", which from my point is a quality.

The other possibility is you don't draw a line and you're Steam.

Redeemer has 65 on metacritic which really is not a good mark :/
Aurelien92: Redeemer has 65 on metacritic which really is not a good mark :/
Inner Chains has 40 there, recieved very bad reviews and lots of criticism from gamers because of all the bugs and missing features and still this game is allowed on GOG.

Redeemer recieves way more positive feedback at the moment but is not available here. Makes no fuckin' sense to me. This game would probably be amongst the best Beat 'em up games GOG has to offer if Sobaka would be allowed to release it.
Maybe its not about the Reedeemer itself, and there are financial or contractual reasons, why the game is not on GOG yet.
The game looks nice and fine, but thats not a reason why we should judge the Blues without all information.
ReynardFox: Redeemer looks good, reviews are good, what's your problem this time GOG? Also why haven't you apologized to Degica yet?
astroclay: Degica titles are too niche for GOG's sensible curation. Hence, the store refuses to carry games that include such words as "Bullet" or "Hell." Besides, GOG customers are prone to over-stimulation. If current releases are any indication, GOG customers would rather enjoy the slow, relaxed pace of an indie point & click or a walking simulator produced in unity. *snicker*
Well, I've made a thread that clearly shows you how many "relaxed paced indie point & click and walking simulators" get rejected.
It's a psychological fact that people tend to fixate more on things they don't like, while assume those that they like as natural. Maybe that's why you think so many point & click adventures are released.

Aurelien92: Redeemer has 65 on metacritic which really is not a good mark :/
Berzerk2002: Inner Chains has 40 there, recieved very bad reviews and lots of criticism from gamers because of all the bugs and missing features and still this game is allowed on GOG.

Redeemer recieves way more positive feedback at the moment but is not available here. Makes no fuckin' sense to me. This game would probably be amongst the best Beat 'em up games GOG has to offer if Sobaka would be allowed to release it.
No one should care for metacritic; it's kind of joke. Games should be judge among people more specialized in each genre. Because not every game is meant for everyone. That's more of a bland AAA trend.

And Inner Chains was a day-1 release. And people asking for it before it came here, and were more that happy when it showed ("pretty" and fps, that's a go for many a user here). Until the reviews started to flow...
Post edited August 04, 2017 by rgnrk
my dream:command and conquer serie in drm free and in multi language.

Dungeons 3 have a chance released in gog because kalypso release new game in gog.
What really sucks is when GOG denies a game and it doesn't appear that said game is on sale DRM free anywhere else. Saw recently that The Quest was denied here and i don't think there is a DRM free version of it on sale anywhere. What a shame.
tfishell: GOG confirmed though? "PC" usually just means Steam and Steam keys.
Frozen: "if we write PC, it's not limited to Steam"
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/850414143781740544
That was for Trails of Cold Steel, though.

Still, I see why you linked that tweet; we can assume every time XSEED says one of their games will be on PC, they don't mean Steam only.

Either way, if you google for "Ys Seven PC", you can get a lot of search results that basically "confirm" the game will be released on GOG. Like this one on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, where XSEED are quoted as saying Ys Seven on PC will have «all the features of a modern PC release, including full HD, a smooth 60fps framerate, plug-and-play controller compatibility, and achievements on applicable platforms such as Steamworks and GOG Galaxy» -- clearly mentioning GOG's client and, therefore, "confirming" a GOG release.

Sadly, there's still no release date for the game, just a somewhat vague "summer 2017".

On a (kind of) unrelated note, I'm really sad NISA got the rights for the upcoming new Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, since that likely means it won't be sold here on GOG. There's also the fact I vastly prefer XSEED's localisations over NISA's, and XSEED's work with Nihon Falcom's franchises -- including Ys --, overall. Sad thing is that XSEED fought to the very end in order to get the rights, but Falcom just gave them to freaking NISA...

UPDATE: Ys Seven now has a Steam game page stating it will release this month; which means I won't have to wait that long to buy it here on GOG.
Post edited August 06, 2017 by groze
high rated
Fresh confirmation that Treasure Adventure World, which has recently become 'content complete' per Robit Studio's roadmap, will be coming to GOG:
http://treasureadventureworld.com/2017/08/road-map-update-summer-2017/
SCPM: Fresh confirmation that Treasure Adventure World, which has recently become 'content complete' per Robit Studio's roadmap, will be coming to GOG:
Nice, I held off on playing the original to play this new version instead.
SCPM: Fresh confirmation that Treasure Adventure World, which has recently become 'content complete' per Robit Studio's roadmap, will be coming to GOG:
Fantastic! I really enjoyed Treasure Adventure Game and hope that TAW will live up to my expectations.
high rated
Time to put an end to the farce with Postal 2 and it's DLCs.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223470/discussions/0/1458455461490217600/#c1458455461493460362

Thanks RWS for being fooled the last couple of years. Assholes!
Berzerk2002: Time to put an end to the farce with Postal 2 and it's DLCs.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223470/discussions/0/1458455461490217600/#c1458455461493460362

I love how they're treating GOG customers like idiots. They said "We've been trying". For what 3 years you've been trying? Apparently it's so hard to put a patch out on GOG it takes 3 years and counting to get a patch. Fuck outta here. Fuck you RWS.
Berzerk2002: Time to put an end to the farce with Postal 2 and it's DLCs.

ahahahahaha fuck you RWS
Berzerk2002: Redeemer recieves way more positive feedback at the moment but is not available here. Makes no fuckin' sense to me. This game would probably be amongst the best Beat 'em up games GOG has to offer if Sobaka would be allowed to release it.
Yeah, I just watched a couple of vids and this looks pretty fun. Way better than random "retro" indie game #4785396 that GOG has a tendency to regurgitate these days.
haydenaurion: Nice, I held off on playing the original to play this new version instead.
I've played the demo (a while ago I have to admit) and what I've seen so far is that, aside from the graphics, the game play got an overhaul as well and not for the better I think. For example, the huge pyramid puzzle in the original is replaced with several smaller (and easier) puzzles. And it seems the day-night cycle is gone as well. At least in the demo.

Yes, the new graphics look nice, but the frames for the animations don't seem to have been increased, which means that, for example, when the player or the NPC's make a turn, it's instantaneous, which looks quite odd in combination with the updated graphics.

Also, some of the charm that the original had is lost in the new version.

I would really recommend not giving the original one a miss to be honest.