It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That would be great to see Dark Souls on GOG! Right now the wishlist has over 4,100 votes!
tfishell: [...] On the other hand, perhaps Little Nightmares was originally suppose to be self-published, and GOG was only able to bring Bandai aboard for this one game (due to some prior agreement or something).
That seems very likely. Much more likely than "Namco will now open the floodgates and we will be inundated by their entire back catalogue!", anyway. :)
I'm not interested in the Dark Souls series at all. But for years now I fantasize about a DRM-free release of Enslaved - Odyssey to the West here on GOG.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by seppelfred
Bandai Namco
It would be great:
Arcade Game Series

Bandai Namco
Casval_Deikun: It would be great:
Arcade Game Series
Don't forget Pac-Man Championship Edition!
I do think it's somewhat hilarious that GOG leads off with the one Bandai Namco game that pretty much everyone can agree is not the one they wanted.

So, I really hope this one game isn't all that's planned. Because I will buy so many damn games if there's some actual support planned.
"Everybody onboard the unrealistic-expectations-hype train!" All I can see is a bunch of future sad sods who had some severely delusional optimism. Capcom, anyone? =P

Grargar's comparison how Paradox debuted on GOG is also not really a good example as Pillars of Eternity was already promised on GOG before Paradox even entered that picture. Sure, Bandai Namco's debut with a more indie-type title might slightly increase the chances of their big titles appearing here, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Post edited January 17, 2017 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: "Everybody onboard the unrealistic-expectations-hype train!" All I can see is a bunch of future sad sods who had some severely delusional optimism. Capcom, anyone? =P
I think at some point, people have the right to expect something of note. It's been so long since there's been an interesting new developer... and even when we have gotten one, it's never their big ticket stuff. Yeah, this'll probably be nothing, yet again, but ya gotta let people enjoy their optimism.
mistermumbles: "Everybody onboard the unrealistic-expectations-hype train!" All I can see is a bunch of future sad sods who had some severely delusional optimism. Capcom, anyone? =P
I don't know. Is it too much delusional optimism to have Namco release heavily-discounted and bundled stuff like Pac-Man, Inversion, Deadcore and Enslaved? Not to me, at least. Besides, GOG isn't the site it used to be back when Street Fighter Alpha 2 was released.
mistermumbles: Grargar's comparison how Paradox debuted on GOG is also not really a good example as Pillars of Eternity was already promised on GOG before Paradox even entered that picture. Sure, Bandai Namco's debut with a more indie-type title might slightly increase the chances of their big titles appearing here, but I wouldn't bet on it.
In that case, Pillars of Eternity could have been released self-published; it didn't and after its preorder announcement (and before the game was even released), there comes Paradox with some of their not-so-highly-requested games.

Do I think that Namco will be coming here all guns blazing with Dark Souls 3, Dragonball Xenonverse, Tales of Zestiria, etc.? No, but they could always begin with something small (like the games I mentioned above).
Post edited January 17, 2017 by Grargar
tfishell: [...] On the other hand, perhaps Little Nightmares was originally suppose to be self-published, and GOG was only able to bring Bandai aboard for this one game (due to some prior agreement or something).
HunchBluntley: EDIT: In retrospect, the post of mine below was kinda too passive-aggressive/bitchy. I regret it.

That seems very likely. Much more likely than "Namco will now open the floodgates and we will be inundated by their entire back catalogue!", anyway. :)
EDIT: In retrospect, my post below was too obnoxious. I regret it.

Hopefully, because GOG has gotten way too many big-name AAA Galaxy-integrated titles as it is. (Just look at Square Enix's 2016 releases.) It's like the lack of regional pricing was the thing holding the floodgates back.

/s of course ;)
Post edited January 18, 2017 by tfishell
Chacranajxy: I do think it's somewhat hilarious that GOG leads off with the one Bandai Namco game that pretty much everyone can agree is not the one they wanted.

So, I really hope this one game isn't all that's planned. Because I will buy so many damn games if there's some actual support planned.
What?
I don't really care about Bandai Namco catalog. I have Enslaved in xbox and I don't really care about it, Got quickly bored with it. And I also have the second Dark Souls game. Don't like it either.

Little Nightmares, on the other hand, looks pretty nice to me. Gives an Inside vibe, but more horror focused. And as far as I know, it's from the Little Big Adventure developer team, so it's not just some random game.

So I guess there are people for everything. I read on the forum that some people even want Oblivion badly. Go figure.
My nice list is Pac-Man!

Please Pac-Man Championship Edition DX and the sequel and Ms. Pac-Man, too.

Bandai Namco has so many great games.

Pac-Man series
The Tales series
Galaga,
Demon Souls/Dark Souls series
Ace Comabt series
SoulCaliber series
Tekken series
Klonoa series
Mr. Driller
Ridge Racer series
rgnrk: And as far as I know, it's from the Little Big Adventure developer team, so it's not just some random game.
LittleBigPlanet, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsier_Studios

(Though if you want a horror-themed game with an LBA link - other than Alone In the Dark, obviously - then https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/2dark might interest you: it's Frédérick Raynal's current project.)
*Looks at publisher for Little Nightmares*

Huh, guess that explains the excitement and the constant Dark Souls posts. You guys really love setting yourselves up for disappointment when it comes to these things, don't you?

But hey, I wouldn't complain if those games appeared here (unless they're missing the multiplayer component).
rgnrk: And as far as I know, it's from the Little Big Adventure developer team, so it's not just some random game.
VanishedOne: LittleBigPlanet, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsier_Studios

(Though if you want a horror-themed game with an LBA link - other than Alone In the Dark, obviously - then https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/2dark might interest you: it's Frédérick Raynal's current project.)
Yes, thanks. Sorry. I was actually thinking about LBP; don't know why a wrote LBA.

And I am a 2Dark backer. If only for their past service.
RayRay13000: *Looks at publisher for Little Nightmares*

Huh, guess that explains the excitement and the constant Dark Souls posts. You guys really love setting yourselves up for disappointment when it comes to these things, don't you?

But hey, I wouldn't complain if those games appeared here (unless they're missing the multiplayer component).
Why? DS online component es optional and unnecessary. And time sensitive. If you ever replay the game 10 years from now do you expect many people to be playing it still? Tying a game to that type of online goes against any game preservation purpose.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by rgnrk