It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

haydenaurion: Oh nice! I tried a bit of the slightly janky 360 version, but i'll wait for this version to do a full play instead.
Ixamyakxim: LOVED this game - is Year One a new one / standalone expansion or just an "amped up" GOTY reskin of the one that originally released on 360?
Year One is compilation of original game + DLC + updated graphics + some minor changes.
Post edited October 04, 2016 by Edward_Carnby
high rated
New companies in the catalog:
Grasshopper Manufacture Inc., AGM Playism for The Silver Case
Grimlore Games, THQ Nordic, likely for [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpellForce_(series)#SpellForce_3]SpellForce 3[/url]
SCPM: Undead Labs is now on the company list, so that means that Nordic should be bringing us State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition in the future.
Thanks for all the info you're giving us, if i ever go to US i'm so buying you a beer. :D
SCPM: Undead Labs is now on the company list, so that means that Nordic should be bringing us State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition in the future.
micktiegs_8: Praise Nordic... I almost can't believe it.
wait... It's a Microsoft game, so I'm confused.
Anyway, after another look I don't think I'm too excited for it as I thought I'd be.
micktiegs_8: snip
HafenkaeseLP: See Ori and the Blind Forest, another Microsoft game brought to us by Nordic.
Hmmm... THQ Nordic... Microsoft...
Wait... "Quantum Break"?

Ahhh... No chance...
Post edited October 04, 2016 by Loger13
Loger13: Hmmm... THQ Nordic... Microsoft...
Wait... "Quantum Break"?

Ahhh... No chance...
I wouldn't count it out completely, but I doubt it would happen before Remedy offers the option to download the currently stream-only cutscenes.
Grargar: stream-only cutscenes.
Wait...what?!?

Why would they do this? Is this a common practice?
If so, I'm still surprised as this is the first time I'm hearing about it.
That's just...odd.
Tekkaman-James: Wait...what?!?

That's just...odd.
Yup. The live-action segments of the game are streamed directly from the developers' servers.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/01/quantum-break-live-action-scenes-streamed.aspx

This is true for the Windows 10 version and the newly-released Steam version. It was apparently done to save hard drive and disc space.

No, it's not a common practice. At least, not to my knowledge.
Tekkaman-James: Wait...what?!?

That's just...odd.
Grargar: Yup. The live-action segments of the game are streamed directly from the developers' servers.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/01/quantum-break-live-action-scenes-streamed.aspx

This is true for the Windows 10 version and the newly-released Steam version. It was apparently done to save hard drive and disc space.

What happens when those servers are closed down? We get a game with no cutscenes?
Grargar: Yup. The live-action segments of the game are streamed directly from the developers' servers.

Prah: What happens when those servers are closed down? We get a game with no cutscenes?
You more likely just won't be able to play the game.
I'm being a busy pest to the poor Snowcastle Games guys, but at least I got a bit more info concerning Earthlock's GOG release. Supposedly it's "a matter of weeks". And of course there's no port of any kind to be made, but several issues/bugs have surfaced in the Steam version that they'd like to rectify before releasing a version for the goglins.
Prah: What happens when those servers are closed down? We get a game with no cutscenes?
Chacranajxy: You more likely just won't be able to play the game.
Supposedly what he says will actually happen. You'll just have the game without those cutscenes.
New company in the catalog: Rogue Snail for Star Vikings, release tomorrow (2016-10-06):
Star Vikings is a “Puzzle/RPG” in that it has a quasi-turn-based, puzzle-like core gameplay loop reinforced by the classic “dungeon crawler” tropes of customizable, upgradeable characters in a party with limited resources – you can level up, acquire new skills, get gear, all that crap.
Either they decide to make them available as downloads, or the game will have no live-action cutscenes.
Grargar: Either they decide to make them available as downloads, or the game will have no live-action cutscenes.
Don't worry you can download them if you want. Too bad that's only on Xbox. >_<
Grargar: Either they decide to make them available as downloads, or the game will have no live-action cutscenes.
omega64: Don't worry you can download them if you want. Too bad that's only on Xbox. >_<
it recently got released on PC.