It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dartpaw86: I never cared for EA really, I have Origin solely for Sims 3/Medieval/4 and ONLY Sims 3/Medieval/4
Ixamyakxim: Did I read this right? They made a Medieval Expansion for The Sims? LOL. That's sort of amusing.
This game, "The Sims Medieval", is a stand-alone game, it's more like a mixture of The Sims and RPG.

Yet The Sims 3 proper has it's own Medieval DLC, where you get an (albeit modernized) fantasy town called "Dragon Valley" you can raise dragons (which are VERY useful as they freeze multiple needs for an entire day) and practice archery.

Even then, you can get medieval clothing furniture as DLC :)
Attachments:
dark_elf.jpg (70 Kb)
Post edited July 10, 2016 by Dartpaw86
WinterSnowfall: In the meantime, tend to your backlog... you know, that gigantic neglected thing you've piled up ever since becoming a GoGer.
Buying games and actually playing them is so 1990's.
I keep hearing about the Sims, but it seems very unlikely we'll ever see it on GOG...
IronArcturus: I keep hearing about the Sims, but it seems very unlikely we'll ever see it on GOG...
Sure we will. Along with everything else during the great summer sale of 2064.
Hmm... so looking at the list of EA games that came out during that late 2000s era... yeah, I think the only stuff I would want from EA aside from the games listed are Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2. Beyond that, their output kinda went to shit again. But they did have a run where they were actually putting out some really good games... shortly before they were voted worst company in America like 3 times, or whatever it was.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by Chacranajxy
IronArcturus: I keep hearing about the Sims, but it seems very unlikely we'll ever see it on GOG...
If we do, chances are hopefully we'll get Sims 1 (with all the expansions of course)

Because I am massively nostalgic for that, yet EA has no desire to re-release it, not even for free like they did with 2
Chacranajxy: I'll believe it when I see it. From that list of EA titles, though, I'd absolutely be in for Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, and Dragon Age: Origins. But that's a lot of games I really want to have DRM-free copies of, and that's why I don't believe it'll actually happen.
Where is this list of EA titles? Are they bringing more games to GOG?
sherringon456: Where is this list of EA titles? Are they bringing more games to GOG?
SCPM discovered support pages for the following EA games:

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Mirror's Edge
Saboteur
SimCity 3000

Shortly after he made the discovery, GOG deleted the support pages.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by Grargar
sherringon456: Where is this list of EA titles? Are they bringing more games to GOG?
Grargar: SCPM discovered support pages for the following EA games:

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Saboteur
SimCity 3000

I see. I definitely would like to give Crysis a try. However, I already have DAO on Origin, have never heard of Saboteur and have Sim City 3k on a disc somewhere. GOG deleting those support pages definitely suggests that they are coming and GOG is trying to make this a surprise.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by sherringon456

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Mirror's Edge
Saboteur
SimCity 3000

I've always wanted to try that Saboteur game. It seemed to be under the radar for a long time. SimCity 3000 would be another great addition to GOG! :P

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Saboteur
SimCity 3000

sherringon456: I see. I definitely would like to give Crysis a try. However, I already have DAO on Origin, have never heard of Saboteur and have Sim City 3k on a disc somewhere. GOG deleting those support pages definitely suggests that they are coming and GOG is trying to make this a surprise.
And don't forget Mirror's Edge. Really, the only game on that list that isn't great is Saboteur.

It would definitely be interesting to play Crysis again, this time on hardware that can crush that game. Crysis Warhead is the real gem, though. It's a more linear game, but much better paced. It's a 4-5 hour game with absolutely no fat, whatsoever.
sherringon456: I see. I definitely would like to give Crysis a try. However, I already have DAO on Origin, have never heard of Saboteur and have Sim City 3k on a disc somewhere. GOG deleting those support pages definitely suggests that they are coming and GOG is trying to make this a surprise.
Chacranajxy: And don't forget Mirror's Edge. Really, the only game on that list that isn't great is Saboteur.

It would definitely be interesting to play Crysis again, this time on hardware that can crush that game. Crysis Warhead is the real gem, though. It's a more linear game, but much better paced. It's a 4-5 hour game with absolutely no fat, whatsoever.
Mirror's Edge looks interesting, but not as interesting Crysis. Also, DAO is good but not Bioware's best game (That would be Kotor or Mass Effect 2 IMO. ME3 is also better than DAO IMO.).
IronArcturus: I've always wanted to try that Saboteur game. It seemed to be under the radar for a long time. SimCity 3000 would be another great addition to GOG! :P
To be honest, when I first saw it mentioned I thought about this. Guess I'm getting too old :).
Chacranajxy: And don't forget Mirror's Edge. Really, the only game on that list that isn't great is Saboteur.

sherringon456: Mirror's Edge looks interesting, but not as interesting Crysis. Also, DAO is good but not Bioware's best game (That would be Kotor or Mass Effect 2 IMO. ME3 is also better than DAO IMO.).
Mass Effect 2 was good, but its problem was that the entire game was just "gather these people!", and no payoff afterwards. Dragon Age Origins makes you find a buncha dudes, but there's also... y'know... something to do once you've taken care of that. Weird that I totally forgot about the Mass Effect series, though. That thing just disappeared from my mind overnight, it feels like.

And Mirror's Edge is rad. Crysis isn't the comparison to make. ME is more of a platformer than anything. In any case, though, I will take DRM-free versions of all of it. I don't even care what the price tag is. Just gimme.
sherringon456: Mirror's Edge looks interesting, but not as interesting Crysis. Also, DAO is good but not Bioware's best game (That would be Kotor or Mass Effect 2 IMO. ME3 is also better than DAO IMO.).
Chacranajxy: Mass Effect 2 was good, but its problem was that the entire game was just "gather these people!", and no payoff afterwards. Dragon Age Origins makes you find a buncha dudes, but there's also... y'know... something to do once you've taken care of that. Weird that I totally forgot about the Mass Effect series, though. That thing just disappeared from my mind overnight, it feels like.

And Mirror's Edge is rad. Crysis isn't the comparison to make. ME is more of a platformer than anything. In any case, though, I will take DRM-free versions of all of it. I don't even care what the price tag is. Just gimme.
Wasn't really comparing Mirror's Edge to Crysis, just saying Crysis interests me more. Also, I loved the Mass Effect trilogy (Although the gameplay of 1 wasn't very good.). I'm definitely going to play the Trilogy through again before the release of Andromeda. Also, it's a good omen that other games in SCPM's list like Broforce and Factorio have since arrived on GOG.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by sherringon456