It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

karnak1: [snip]
Time will tell what happens. Anyway it's already a major triumph for GOG to be able so sell Dragon Age here. Many people here used to say that was very unlikely to happen.
Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we? GOG aren't selling Dragon Age just yet! :-)
Fallout bundle spotted at the main page. It doesn't come with either 3 or New Vegas. If any Fallout game gets released during the sale, it will be standalone.
Post edited June 12, 2016 by Grargar
karnak1: He has a certain reason in what he's saying. GOG represents the DRM-free market % of people like me who won't buy anything that requires a client. Steam users probably have no problem in using Origin to play EA's games. While other people won't just buy from Uplay, Origin, Steam or whatever. By reaching out to GOG, EA would be able to touch the DRM-free market. In fact, these new batches of EA games are probably EA "testing the waters" to see the profit of the market for these newer games.

Time will tell what happens. Anyway it's already a major triumph for GOG to be able so sell Dragon Age here. Many people here used to say that was very unlikely to happen.
I hope this is going to be sucessfull so that we might finally see C&C series games here.
Grargar: Yes, they do have a solid reason; they don't want to bother removing it, which would be a prerequisite for a release here. If they can't be convinced to remove Denuvo from their own store, why should they remove it for a release on a different store? No, if Inquisition comes here, it won't be anytime soon, just like other EA games.
There is no problem removing DRM at all. And they won't remove it from their store. But they can still bring DRM free version on GOG for a few more sales.

Grargar: That's an assumption. People on GOG can and will buy from both stores.
Well, i won't because of DRM. I had enough from this. I have few license discs with games i cannot play because DRM won't compatible with Windows 7. I had ti download a pirated version to play - work perfectly! So, its the DRM won't allow me to launch legal copy of game, game itself works perfectly - proved by crack. So, i don't play with DRM anymore - i don't want to pay for system which restrict me from using legally owned program.

Grargar: I do see a problem. They would have to make them separately available. They don't even do so on Origin.
This can change at any moment. Answer is simple: money. If EA and Bioware decide, that selling their old games at GOG won't hurt them - they will do it at one second.
SCPM: ...
Very cool. I just wish the most-voted games on the original "true or false" list (mainly Black & White) were there too. ;)
Post edited June 12, 2016 by tfishell
Andrey82: There is no problem removing DRM at all.
But there is; the will to do so.
Andrey82: And they won't remove it from their store. But they can still bring DRM free version on GOG for a few more sales.
The same exact thing has been said for many publishers. In some cases, the games finally came here (after years and years of discounts and even bundles) and in other cases, nope. Even if it comes here, it won't be soon after the first one.
Andrey82: Well, i won't because of DRM. I had enough from this. I have few license discs with games i cannot play because DRM won't compatible with Windows 7. I had ti download a pirated version to play - work perfectly! So, its the DRM won't allow me to launch legal copy of game, game itself works perfectly - proved by crack. So, i don't play with DRM anymore - i don't want to pay for system which restrict me from using legally owned program.
You speak for yourself. Other people here use everything from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and consoles.
Andrey82: This can change at any moment. Answer is simple: money. If EA and Bioware decide, that selling their old games at GOG won't hurt them - they will do it at one second.
Well, it has remained unchanged for 5 years. Let's see whether it will take 5 more years till they decide to make a complete edition.
Grargar: But there is; the will to do so.
Its not about the will, its all about the money. :)

Grargar: The same exact thing has been said for many publishers. In some cases, the games finally came here (after years and years of discounts and even bundles) and in other cases, nope. Even if it comes here, it won't be soon after the first one.
In some cases, the games finally came here and in other cases, they still can. As long as GOG exists, there is still possibility for any game to come here. :)

Grargar: You speak for yourself.
Of course, as any sane adult man. Others can speak for them selves. For example, a few posts above:

karnak1: GOG represents the DRM-free market % of people like me who won't buy anything that requires a client.
:)

Grargar: Well, it has remained unchanged for 5 years. Let's see whether it will take 5 more years till they decide to make a complete edition.
Or 10 years. Or 1 month. It is unpredictable. :)
If those EA games come to gog, i really really hope they don't have 'paid for+drm' DLC accessed only through ingame and through origin service :(
Andrey82: Its not about the will, its all about the money. :)
But it is, if you don't consider the money worthy of the effort. Also, consider exclusivity, something that all stores (even this one) engage in.
Found another one. Stranded Deep, the in-dev island survival game.

https://www.gog.com/support/stranded_deep
Andrey82: In some cases, the games finally came here and in other cases, they still can. As long as GOG exists, there is still possibility for any game to come here. :)
Maybe. The pattern so far has shown, however, not soon.
Grargar: But it is, if you don't consider the money worthy of the effort.
In case of EA, judging from their style, money is always worthy. :)

Grargar: Also, consider exclusivity, something that all stores (even this one) engage in.
I remember time, when exclusivity war was not between stores, but between plaforms. And what we have now? Games what were not just execlusives, but flagships for platforms is now released on PC. Final Fantasy series, for example. Or Valkyria Chronicles. Why this happened? Multiplatform brings bigger amount of money than exclusives. So, i predict, that in a year or two, store exclusivity will be at the same place where we have now platform exclusivity - at backyard of gaming community.
Grargar: Maybe. The pattern so far has shown, however, not soon.
Time will tell. We have just sit here and relax until something happens.
Post edited June 12, 2016 by Andrey82
Grargar: Fallout bundle spotted at the main page. It doesn't come with either 3 or New Vegas. If any Fallout game gets released during the sale, it will be standalone.
Since they released these bundles now, I suspect the chance of getting Oblivion or the newer Fallouts during these sales is close to none.
Guess we'll have to wait until late Summer (sigh) :(
Andrey82: In case of EA, judging from their style, money is always worthy. :)
Lots of money, but a bit?
Andrey82: I remember time, when exclusivity war was not between stores, but between plaforms. And what we have now? Games what were not just execlusives, but flagships for platforms is now released on PC. Final Fantasy series, for example. Or Valkyria Chronicles. Why this happened? Multiplatform brings bigger amount of money than exclusives. So, i predict, that in a year or two, store exclusivity will be at the same place where we have now platform exclusivity - at backyard of gaming community.
I'm not sharing your optimism, especially when every publisher and their dog wants to introduce their own client.

At any rate, that's enough from me on that matter. I don't want to derail the thread any further.
Man... would not have thought I'd see this get here (at least not before 2020 or later).

DRM-free Dragon Age: Origins? I'm still in denial. That does not make sense!
Post edited June 12, 2016 by WinterSnowfall