It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
rgnrk: In the particular case of The Witness, it was already discussed at length.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/piracy_might_make_jonathan_blow_use_drm_in_his_next_game
Pretty sure the piracy rate of his game is more to do with him being an arrogant dick rather than any lack of DRM.
Now I am very confused. Wasn't Jowood its developer and publisher? mobygames agrees.
Point and click fans: next month will be great too. Kathy Rain is going to be released on May 5th. The dev confirmed before that it will release here so that should mean it will be a day 1 release.

I am hoping that we get Book 5 for Dreamfall Chapters next month too, but that is just speculation based on the past release schedule.
llamas: I am hoping that we get Book 5 for Dreamfall Chapters next month too, but that is just speculation based on the past release schedule.
Oh, so book 5 is coming after all? I was considering purchasing it during the insomnia sale but since it wasn't finished yet I decided to wait.
llamas: Point and click fans: next month will be great too. Kathy Rain is going to be released on May 5th. The dev confirmed before that it will release here so that should mean it will be a day 1 release.
I am a point and click fan but have not heard of this at all. Is it a good game?

llamas: I am hoping that we get Book 5 for Dreamfall Chapters next month too, but that is just speculation based on the past release schedule.
I am hoping that RTG will finally add the German VO they promised at release (and even prior release) of the game for all books. I absolutely despite their decision waiting for this until the last book has been released. I really liked them but not anymore. I even did not play the game at all after book 3 because of this. I could play it further but I simply don't want to. I was even ready to beta test their German localisation and make a big list so they could makle their game perfect localisation wise but I don't think I will invest this much time again to do this. They simply do not deserve it becausse of this - sorry, I am really angry and disappointed about this.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by MarkoH01
llamas: Point and click fans: next month will be great too. Kathy Rain is going to be released on May 5th. The dev confirmed before that it will release here so that should mean it will be a day 1 release.
MarkoH01: I am a point and click fan but have not heard of this at all. Is it a good game?

If you like Wadjet Eye games then I think you will like it. They are doing the VO for the game but it is being released by Raw Fury Games. Check out the trailer. Looks pretty good to me.

MarkoH01: I am hoping that RTG will finally add the German VO they promised at release (and even prior release) of the game for all books. I absolutely despite their decision waiting for this until the last book has been released. I really liked them but not anymore. I even did not play the game at all after book 3 because of this. I could play it further but I simply don't want to. I was even ready to beta test their German localisation and make a big list so they could makle their game perfect localisation wise but I don't think I will invest this much time again to do this. They simply do not deserve it becausse of this - sorry, I am really angry and disappointed about this.
Yes, I can see how that can be angering. I haven't played past Book 2 because I have been waiting for the final book to be released. so I can play them all at once. When I backed the kickstarter I didn't think that there would be a telltale style choice game. I like that style in Life is Strange but not so much in this game.

Once again, I was just speculating on the release date since so far they haven't gone more than six months between books and the last book was released in December so I was thinking Late May for a release date and June at the latest.
llamas: If you like Wadjet Eye games then I think you will like it. They are doing the VO for the game but it is being released by Raw Fury Games. Check out the trailer. Looks pretty good to me.
I don't like the trailer that much (not enough gameplay footage) but I researched it on the devs site and yes, I will at least watch for it.
Today they did make an announcement on their Kickstarter page regarding Book 5 (and even showed some screenshots of the episode), but no release date, as they want to "surprise everyone a few days in advance".
Grargar: Today they did make an announcement on their Kickstarter page regarding Book 5 (and even showed some screenshots of the episode), but no release date, as they want to "surprise everyone a few days in advance".
Hmm, maybe I should get caught up soon then. I was planning on spending the month clearing a bit of my backlog in anticipation. But last few times they announced the release date three days in advance of release. So we will see.
llamas: If you like Wadjet Eye games then I think you will like it. They are doing the VO for the game but it is being released by Raw Fury Games. Check out the trailer. Looks pretty good to me.
MarkoH01: I don't like the trailer that much (not enough gameplay footage) but I researched it on the devs site and yes, I will at least watch for it.
I would have liked to have seen more gameplay too but the Full Throttle reference and the graphics are what have sol me. Kathy is being voiced by the same voice actress as Max from Technobabylon if you played that. Now that I live in Sweden I'm realizing that there is a lot about the culture I like. I like a lot of Swedish bands and some of my favorite adventure games of the last few years: The Journey Down, Fran Bow and The Samaritan Paradox were made by Swedes. Before I moved here I was living in Germany and I liked Germany too, well at least the food there was amazing, but not the bureaucracy :p.
llamas: I would have liked to have seen more gameplay too but the Full Throttle reference and the graphics are what have sol me. Kathy is being voiced by the same voice actress as Max from Technobabylon if you played that. Now that I live in Sweden I'm realizing that there is a lot about the culture I like. I like a lot of Swedish bands and some of my favorite adventure games of the last few years: The Journey Down, Fran Bow and The Samaritan Paradox were made by Swedes. Before I moved here I was living in Germany and I liked Germany too, well at least the food there was amazing, but not the bureaucracy :p.
I'm pretty interested in Kathy Rain, so it's great that'll be here. And no wonder about the voice actors, as the game's voice acting was directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert.

As a backer of The Journey Down, I hope for a GOG release after the third episode is done. And I'm still hoping Nelly Cootalot to show up eventually.

And now that we are with great and good looking point & click adventure games, it's a good time to plug a couple of kickstarter that I'm pretty interested in:
Gibbous
Luna
rgnrk: As a backer of The Journey Down, I hope for a GOG release after the third episode is done. And I'm still hoping Nelly Cootalot to show up eventually.

And now that we are with great and good looking point & click adventure games, it's a good time to plug a couple of kickstarter that I'm pretty interested in:
Gibbous
Luna
They look great,especially the first one,as for the journey down they should really bring it to gog since the first two chapters i've played on steam are already drm free.

I hope they bring THIS one here as well since it should already be drm free on the humble store when it gets out in the future
Grargar: Today they did make an announcement on their Kickstarter page regarding Book 5 (and even showed some screenshots of the episode), but no release date, as they want to "surprise everyone a few days in advance".
And let me guess: they did not say a single word about the still missing German VO for book 4 - am I right?
llamas: I would have liked to have seen more gameplay too but the Full Throttle reference and the graphics are what have sol me. Kathy is being voiced by the same voice actress as Max from Technobabylon if you played that. Now that I live in Sweden I'm realizing that there is a lot about the culture I like. I like a lot of Swedish bands and some of my favorite adventure games of the last few years: The Journey Down, Fran Bow and The Samaritan Paradox were made by Swedes. Before I moved here I was living in Germany and I liked Germany too, well at least the food there was amazing, but not the bureaucracy :p.
rgnrk: I'm pretty interested in Kathy Rain, so it's great that'll be here. And no wonder about the voice actors, as the game's voice acting was directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert.

As a backer of The Journey Down, I hope for a GOG release after the third episode is done. And I'm still hoping Nelly Cootalot to show up eventually.

Gibbous
Luna
Wow! That Gibbous game looks awesome. This really must be done and will be bought from me then!

Edit: I just saw that they even have a demo below the video. Will play and decide if I might even back it.

Edit2: Played through the demo and I still say that this is awesome. You can combine whatever you want and still getting a funny commentary about it. The only game so far that did this was "Edna and Harvey". The characers are likeable, the VO is good and the graphics are old school but pretty. Every adventure fan should download the demo.

Edit 3: Now I also played the Luna Demo. It's MAchinarium all over. Pretty nice. Would want to have both games here on GOG.
Post edited April 09, 2016 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: And let me guess: they did not say a single word about the still missing German VO for book 4 - am I right?
Nope, they didn't say anything.