It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Some generic-but-good-to-hear-from-them news from Nordic. :)

https://twitter.com/NordicGamesAT/status/575320759125606400

"Please consider bringing newer games to @GOGcom like Titan Quest Complete, Darksiders, etc."
"We are working on that."

(though I'm guessing they'll be regionally priced so those that have a problem with that, just prepare yourselves. :P)
Omg ever since I heard of TQ I've been hoping it'll come here. Isis hear my plea!

"Please consider bringing newer games to @GOGcom like Titan Quest Complete, Darksiders, etc."

(though I'm guessing they'll be regionally priced so those that have a problem with that, just prepare yourselves. :P)
Holy crap. I want Darksiders 2 on here SO much.

ReynardFox: Holy crap. I want Darksiders 2 on here SO much.
Just play the first one, it's the superior game. :P
omega64: Just play the first one, it's the superior game. :P
Honestly I didn't care that much for the first one, and really disliked the art direction.

I'd still buy both if they show up though.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by ReynardFox
tfishell: He did mention Humble Bundle's DRM-free version in the first email he sent me. However he didn't say that there was no hope for a GOG version.

He's probably a nice guy just frustrated with me. Perhaps the fault lies with GOG; maybe they rejected the game initially.

Again, though, it is what it is.
triple_l: being persistent can bring results so please keep on with your great work promoting and defending DRM-Free
thanks!
Well I won't bother Alex anymore about Antichamber (others can email him if they want), but of course I'll keep asking other devs/pubs who have highly desired games. :)
Worlds of Magic is now officially confirmed :P See the Upcoming tab :D
JudasIscariot: Worlds of Magic is now officially confirmed :P See the Upcoming tab :D
I just saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool! Will it run on a 1 GB video card? Does it have a multiplayer aspect?
JinseiNGC224: The most important thing to understand is that every game on GOG is DRM-free, meaning you truly own what you buy.
true2life: That's not really true - if you truly owned the games, you would also "own" the right to resell them... but you don't. In the US at least, true ownership is accompanied by a "bundle of rights" that includes the right to resell what you own. One could argue this restriction is effectively a very soft, "honor system" DRM.
Yes it says "Software is licensed, not sold" in the EULA, even on old disc games as well as gog and steam games. So, while there are no restrictions on gog or old disc games you still don't actually own it, which is the same as DRM platforms.
tfishell: I sent a fresh email to Alexander Bruce and the response was a Bruc[squ]e "No" and he asked me to stop emailing him.
Well, I'll gladly say "No" then if anyone asks me to buy his game(s).
true2life: That's not really true - if you truly owned the games, you would also "own" the right to resell them... but you don't. In the US at least, true ownership is accompanied by a "bundle of rights" that includes the right to resell what you own. One could argue this restriction is effectively a very soft, "honor system" DRM.
Matruchus: In EU that is not the fact anymore since The Court of Justice of the European Union judged 3 years ago that digital goods resale is legal and all EULA's that prohibit resale are void (this includes games on services like Steam and Origin too). The question only is when online digital distributors will actually abide the law (probably will take a couple of additional court rulings).
Yes a few angry people will need to sue said game companys before the will be ordered to change it.
JudasIscariot: Worlds of Magic is now officially confirmed :P See the Upcoming tab :D
IronArcturus: I just saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool! Will it run on a 1 GB video card? Does it have a multiplayer aspect?
Should based on the Steam specs:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Core2Duo 2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: HD Graphics 4000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
The RAM requirements seem like overkill though, and apparently it's 64 bit only... but I've read there was a patch to make the game function on 32 bit.
sherringon456: Yes it says "Software is licensed, not sold" in the EULA, even on old disc games as well as gog and steam games. So, while there are no restrictions on gog or old disc games you still don't actually own it, which is the same as DRM platforms.
But that does make a significant difference, I'm fine with not technically owning a game, and long as in theory I own it. As long as GOG or anyone else can't restrict me then those EULA are more for fluff then anything without a court battle.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by BKGaming
opticq: Omg ever since I heard of TQ I've been hoping it'll come here. Isis hear my plea!
Hey, if you have Twitter just let them know. ;)

There's also FB: https://www.facebook.com/nordicgamesAT
BKGaming: Should based on the Steam specs:

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:
BKGaming:
Thanks for the info! That DirectX 9.0c compatibility is always a good sign!
Post edited March 13, 2015 by IronArcturus
IronArcturus: I just saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool! Will it run on a 1 GB video card? Does it have a multiplayer aspect?
BKGaming: Should based on the Steam specs:

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:
BKGaming: The RAM requirements seem like overkill though, and apparently it's 64 bit only... but I've read there was a patch to make the game function on 32 bit.
sherringon456: Yes it says "Software is licensed, not sold" in the EULA, even on old disc games as well as gog and steam games. So, while there are no restrictions on gog or old disc games you still don't actually own it, which is the same as DRM platforms.
BKGaming: But that does make a significant difference, I'm fine with not technically owning a game, and long as in theory I own it. As long as GOG or anyone else can't restrict me then those EULA are more for fluff then anything without a court battle.
Yeah gog and older disc game EULA's are still better because they cannot restict you.
tfishell: Well I won't bother Alex anymore about Antichamber (others can email him if they want), but of course I'll keep asking other devs/pubs who have highly desired games. :)
Hey, tfishell

Have you ever contacted the guy behind this gem?