It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The most important thing to understand is that every game on GOG is DRM-free, meaning you truly own what you buy. Most of the prices of games here are still less than most full retail games will ever be, even at their cheapest. I'd pay top dollar just knowing that I own what I buy, hence why I still buy a lot of console hard copy games alongside my GOG games. I don't buy digital games anywhere else, because knowing I can own ALL of them is priceless, and that's more important than some regional pricing issue. And there's always going to be a sale where you can get the game you want here, even if it's too "pricey"
Post edited March 11, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
nvm
Post edited March 11, 2015 by Matruchus
Unfortunate news regarding Antichamber.

I sent a fresh email to Alexander Bruce in February (having emailed him last year, probably middle of it, at some point) and never heard back. I tried emailing him again today asking about any new chance about Antichamber coming to GOG (politely), and the response was a Bruc[squ]e "No" and he asked me to stop emailing him.

So I'm letting that fall by the wayside. Shame as the game does have a chunky number of votes but what can ya do.
Don't know if it was already mentioned here, but Seven Dragon Saga from TSI, company comprised of Gold Box veterans from SSI, has mentioned gog.com on their kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/537511454/seven-dragon-saga-by-tactical-simulations-interact/description
tfishell: Unfortunate news regarding Antichamber.

I sent a fresh email to Alexander Bruce in February (having emailed him last year, probably middle of it, at some point) and never heard back. I tried emailing him again today asking about any new chance about Antichamber coming to GOG (politely), and the response was a Bruc[squ]e "No" and he asked me to stop emailing him.
I suppose some idiots don't like to get money.
Now there's a guy whose games I'll gladly won't play.
tfishell: (...) and he asked me to stop emailing him.
Really?
Wow... what a shame.
JinseiNGC224: The most important thing to understand is that every game on GOG is DRM-free, meaning you truly own what you buy.
That's not really true - if you truly owned the games, you would also "own" the right to resell them... but you don't. In the US at least, true ownership is accompanied by a "bundle of rights" that includes the right to resell what you own. One could argue this restriction is effectively a very soft, "honor system" DRM.
tfishell: Unfortunate news regarding Antichamber.
karnak1: Now there's a guy whose games I'll gladly won't play.
for me he is friendly
he has made a DRM-Free version
i've bought it from humblebundle
yes i would also love to see it here and i would buy it again
but i do understand that not every DRM-Free game available
will be sold here.

ps: in comparison i prefer the two games GOG has here, the ball and qube
so for me its not a enormous lose
karnak1: Now there's a guy whose games I'll gladly won't play.
triple_l: for me he is friendly
he has made a DRM-Free version
i've bought it from humblebundle
yes i would also love to see it here and i would buy it again
but i do understand that not every DRM-Free game available
will be sold here.

ps: in comparison i prefer the two games GOG has here, the ball and qube
so for me its not a enormous lose
Well, at least the guy could have the decency not to be a jerk.
I suppose that he's one of the guys who thinks that if he treats the customers like trash he'll attract more attention.
The physical tiers of Slain! mention the choice of a GOG code.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Grargar
triple_l: for me he is friendly
karnak1: Well, at least the guy could have the decency not to be a jerk.
I suppose that he's one of the guys who thinks that if he treats the customers like trash he'll attract more attention.
you're right
i've read again tfishell post and now i do agree he was not friendly
JinseiNGC224: The most important thing to understand is that every game on GOG is DRM-free, meaning you truly own what you buy.
true2life: That's not really true - if you truly owned the games, you would also "own" the right to resell them... but you don't. In the US at least, true ownership is accompanied by a "bundle of rights" that includes the right to resell what you own. One could argue this restriction is effectively a very soft, "honor system" DRM.
In EU that is not the fact anymore since The Court of Justice of the European Union judged 3 years ago that digital goods resale is legal and all EULA's that prohibit resale are void (this includes games on services like Steam and Origin too). The question only is when online digital distributors will actually abide the law (probably will take a couple of additional court rulings).
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Matruchus
triple_l: ...
He did mention Humble Bundle's DRM-free version in the first email he sent me. However he didn't say that there was no hope for a GOG version.

He's probably a nice guy just frustrated with me. Perhaps the fault lies with GOG; maybe they rejected the game initially.

Again, though, it is what it is.
triple_l: ...
tfishell: He did mention Humble Bundle's DRM-free version in the first email he sent me. However he didn't say that there was no hope for a GOG version.

He's probably a nice guy just frustrated with me. Perhaps the fault lies with GOG; maybe they rejected the game initially.

Again, though, it is what it is.
being persistent can bring results so please keep on with your great work promoting and defending DRM-Free
thanks!
true2life: That's not really true - if you truly owned the games, you would also "own" the right to resell them... but you don't. In the US at least, true ownership is accompanied by a "bundle of rights" that includes the right to resell what you own. One could argue this restriction is effectively a very soft, "honor system" DRM.
As Matruchus mentioned above the EU says digital resale is legal, even if it has some more legal mumbo jumbo to happen. But this is more an issue of copy protection and not DRM. The issue of DRM is in not even truly owning ONE copy of the game. Ideally, you can get hard copies to resell, but with DRM, it doesn't matter what it is; once you buy it, you may have to buy it again somewhere else later, running on the hope that your service or storefront won't disappear.

Both copy protection and DRM are important, but the good starts with owning one. Then we can talk about resell value and copy protection.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by JinseiNGC224