It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
joppo: snip
Excellent points!
From my own experience, I've not been a big fan of the massive dumps in the past (especially the very early ones, where they'd release 5+ at a time). I mean, it was nice to have so many of them discounted in one go. But it's much better for the devs/pubs/GOG to do the dripfeed releases - I end up spending way more that way. hahah ;_;
low rated
milkymylk: MangaGamer would like to release more VNs here but the holdup seems to be on GOG's end:

Seems odd to be a curation issue, given MangaGamer has many high quality titles remaining. Most of them on par with others released here. Not to mention GOG has had other *ahem* questionable quality releases. :P
joppo: If I had to guess Gog is just holding out to add more VNs because there have been way too many VNs released in the last few months. Not everyone likes them, so there certainly were complaints about their staggering amount. Maybe they decided to stop VN releases for a while to let users that dislike them "recover" their good will.

Besides, all those VNs launching on top of another were competing against each other for the attention of the VN enthusiasts at release time window. Providing your own competition to your own products isn't really a good idea When you can just space them out a little.

I believe they will continue releasing VNs after a couple months, tho probably at a slower pace than they were going with before.
I suspect the backlash had a lot to do with it. As stated, GOG is trying to get back into it's good graces and release these titles rather sparingly. And aside from last time with the ero-RPG from Kagura, people usually complain not just in the forums, but all over social media about how GOG is selling r*pe games. This can't look good on the store, regardless. I'm sure Jast wants to release a lot as well, I've talked to them about it. Since it is GOG I was hoping they'd release their remasters of classic games here like Do You Like Horny Bunnies 1&2, X-Change Collection, The Sagura Family Remastered and more classics.
joppo: I believe they will continue releasing VNs after a couple months, tho probably at a slower pace than they were going with before.
Seems like a good idea. Maybe 1-2 a week or so.
high rated
Strategic Command: American Civil War is coming to GOG on July 14th:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1966130/discussions/0/3418808914566302061/#c3413180683591824185
low rated
TheGrimLord: I suspect the backlash had a lot to do with it. As stated, GOG is trying to get back into it's good graces and release these titles rather sparingly. And aside from last time with the ero-RPG from Kagura, people usually complain not just in the forums, but all over social media about how GOG is selling r*pe games. This can't look good on the store, regardless. I'm sure Jast wants to release a lot as well, I've talked to them about it. Since it is GOG I was hoping they'd release their remasters of classic games here like Do You Like Horny Bunnies 1&2, X-Change Collection, The Sagura Family Remastered and more classics.
Sad to hear. Much like you, I've been a part of the discussions defending these game releases from the complainers in the release threads.

Some of those releases would be good on GOG, because it's stuff that isn't on S****, and you might have people turning here for those games. Wonder if MG was trying to bring Rance over. Who knows. Another misplay by GOG, in my opinion.

It just seems like GOG is more interested in woke virtual signalling, and trying to attract that crowd more than anything these days. Yeah, they've allowed some adult titles, and appeared to open up curation, but if the pitifully small core audience for GOG is going to throw an epic tantrum while kicking and screaming everytime something releases here then GOG might get scared and start limiting or denying these kinds of releases altogether.

I was going out of my way to encourage sales on GOG for KG titles and the like, because they were hosting the unrated patches and doing things here that S**** wasn't, but starting to think that was a mistake and will stop doing that.
low rated
TheGrimLord: I suspect the backlash had a lot to do with it. As stated, GOG is trying to get back into it's good graces and release these titles rather sparingly. And aside from last time with the ero-RPG from Kagura, people usually complain not just in the forums, but all over social media about how GOG is selling r*pe games. This can't look good on the store, regardless. I'm sure Jast wants to release a lot as well, I've talked to them about it. Since it is GOG I was hoping they'd release their remasters of classic games here like Do You Like Horny Bunnies 1&2, X-Change Collection, The Sagura Family Remastered and more classics.
TomNuke: Sad to hear. Much like you, I've been a part of the discussions defending these game releases from the complainers in the release threads.

Some of those releases would be good on GOG, because it's stuff that isn't on S****, and you might have people turning here for those games. Wonder if MG was trying to bring Rance over. Who knows. Another misplay by GOG, in my opinion.

It just seems like GOG is more interested in woke virtual signalling, and trying to attract that crowd more than anything these days. Yeah, they've allowed some adult titles, and appeared to open up curation, but if the pitifully small core audience for GOG is going to throw an epic tantrum while kicking and screaming everytime something releases here then GOG might get scared and start limiting or denying these kinds of releases altogether.

I was going out of my way to encourage sales on GOG for KG titles and the like, because they were hosting the unrated patches and doing things here that S**** wasn't, but starting to think that was a mistake and will stop doing that.
I agree with you here too. Maybe the ship is really sinking. I'm in no shortage of games, so it wouldn't honestly matter. There are always places to get games whether legally or not so much, so that is no issue. I just like supporting the DRM-Free aspect. But this really could be the end. I dunno. I've still trying to figure out why 300 games are coming soon and I've seen none of them yet. What happened to Lust From Beyond and Lust For Darkness? Oh, well I guess.
low rated
TomNuke:
TheGrimLord:
I really don't like derailing these kinds of news threads with posts like the one I'm about to make... However, I wanted to say something publicly rather than PM, because it's part of my point:

So what if there are naysayers and complainers? People have always tried to get stuff they don't like buried, and it's only through people on the other side not giving up that we get to enjoy them today. Everything has had that fight - games, movies, music, it's endless!
Even DRM-free and GOG itself are things pro-DRM types try to silence.

If you want to stop spreading the word because that's what you really want to do, then okay. Makes me sad to hear, but it's valid.
However... If you're giving up because you believe they've won, so you feel your fight is pointless? You're giving them what they want. While it doesn't mean they've won the war, they've effectively won the fight with you. They can even get a bonus win if you're normally the type to advocate (like asking devs for GOG releases)... if they take you down, their reach is far further than just affecting your purchasing habits.

Plus, I'm happy to offer myself as a testament to not giving up: I used to be one of *those* types, long ago, demanding content be banned because of stupid reasons. I only saw the other side thanks to people discussing it online publicly where I could read it. I don't just mean arguments - using DRM-free as an example, even people mentioning GOG's existence made me discover it and then start questioning Steam's entrenchment.
So... you never know who else is reading and getting their gears turning. :)

Also, more sales on GOG for any kind of game = GOG and devs/pubs will see there's an audience here, so the more releases we'll get. Money talks and people vote with their wallets, even if the release threads seem otherwise.

Anyway, if you want to reply or carry on this topic with me, please PM me or respond in a new thread (and PM me so I know to reply there). I won't talk on this topic any more in this thread though. Sorry for the offtopic >.<
Post edited June 29, 2022 by milkymylk
https://www.kaguragames.com/product/serafina-and-the-key-to-the-egg-patch/

Was shortly visible in the store and unrated patch already lists GOG as vendor.
In the news part of gog i noticed we will get Evenicle 2. It's something that steam didn't want so nice. I still didn't play Evenicle the first game. Also i wonder what is the hold up for higurashi hou rei. Maybe it needs more time for gog. But it was released on june 2nd.
low rated
milkymylk:
I don't want to diverge from this topic subject. But would be this galaxy client wish listed feature an efficient solution to this problem?
Maybe worth up vote it.
Gwent: Rogue Mage, a new entirely single-player spin-off of Gwent, will be released tomorrow, presumably also on GOG, although no platform is officially mentioned.

https://www.ign.com/articles/witcher-gwent-rogue-mage-golden-nekker-cd-projekt-red
high rated
Trailer confirms GOG release of Frogun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf2Mzf-GcZo
high rated
Thanks to WinterSnowfall, API entries have been found for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Sub Command, and 688(I) HunterKiller.
Edit: And a sub-forum has appeared for upcoming Kagura game Castaway of the Ardusta Sea
https://www.gog.com/forum/castaway_of_the_ardusta_sea
Post edited July 08, 2022 by SCPM
SCPM: Thanks to WinterSnowfall, API entries have been found for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Sub Command, and 688(I) HunterKiller.
Edit: And a sub-forum has appeared for upcoming Kagura game Castaway of the Ardusta Sea
https://www.gog.com/forum/castaway_of_the_ardusta_sea
Thanks both! :) I do wonder if we get Kane & Lynch then as well. If 2 has been discovered.
SCPM: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Hopefully also a sign for the HITMAN comeback in September, just in time for the anniversary of the "not-so-DRM-free" first attempt.