It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BanditKeith2: Well I can say we had twitter of the reboot ip owners awhile talking about other Tomb Raider games coming after the latest batch that showed up this year and G.O.G hinted at more coming soon in articles at that time even with em released so ya quite possible
Lucian_Galca: I wouldn't count on that....

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7540677/

Seems the update also included a change that now requires logging into Epic to even play the games at all according to what i'm hearing. That change also goes for Shadow and Rise.
Eh I believe it was a error honestly in the update that or the update on reguiring the log onto Epic to even play them is for or was meant only for the Epic versions of em rather then the other versions and accidently got sent out to Steam versions.. Note I am unaware if Epic has the games on its store front but I am just stating this as it's odd and stupid that Steams versions would now all of a sudden via a update need to have those games run on a epic account when prior hadn't needed to .. So I can only see this as a error somewhere in the update pipeline ..

I will say if a wrong build of a game is put on a store then that'd at least make sense as such has happened before one case was a Dead Island game(forgot which one) I recall one had a prefinished build accidently sent to and put up on Steam and a racing game I forgot the name of had via a update once somehow had a whole damn pre release game built put in as a update before later found and fixed in both cases sometime later
Lucian_Galca: I wouldn't count on that....

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7540677/

Seems the update also included a change that now requires logging into Epic to even play the games at all according to what i'm hearing. That change also goes for Shadow and Rise.
BanditKeith2: Eh I believe it was a error honestly in the update that or the update on reguiring the log onto Epic to even play them is for or was meant only for the Epic versions of em rather then the other versions and accidently got sent out to Steam versions.. Note I am unaware if Epic has the games on its store front but I am just stating this as it's odd and stupid that Steams versions would now all of a sudden via a update need to have those games run on a epic account when prior hadn't needed to .. So I can only see this as a error somewhere in the update pipeline ..

I will say if a wrong build of a game is put on a store then that'd at least make sense as such has happened before one case was a Dead Island game(forgot which one) I recall one had a prefinished build accidently sent to and put up on Steam and a racing game I forgot the name of had via a update once somehow had a whole damn pre release game built put in as a update before later found and fixed in both cases sometime later
Checked and there are no Tomb Raider games on EGS so maybe they are getting ready for a release there and the update got sent to Steam by accident.

I'm going to speculate that if Rise and Shadow did get released on GOG any MP modes would probably get removed.
BanditKeith2: Eh I believe it was a error honestly in the update that or the update on reguiring the log onto Epic to even play them is for or was meant only for the Epic versions of em rather then the other versions and accidently got sent out to Steam versions.. Note I am unaware if Epic has the games on its store front but I am just stating this as it's odd and stupid that Steams versions would now all of a sudden via a update need to have those games run on a epic account when prior hadn't needed to .. So I can only see this as a error somewhere in the update pipeline ..

wolfsite: Checked and there are no Tomb Raider games on EGS so maybe they are getting ready for a release there and the update got sent to Steam by accident.

I'm going to speculate that if Rise and Shadow did get released on GOG any MP modes would probably get removed.
Ah thanks I was going to check later on Epic as I don't use it and well don't plan to as drm free is my way to go .. granted I will pick up games cheap on Steam if I doubt they'll show up on here or other drm-free sites till way later

Anyway I do believe the update to Steam was a mistake on the EGS Launcher needed logged into .. But I can see that as a sign EGS is about to have some Tomb Raider games pop up ..

I also don't care about multiplayer modes as I am a single player and couch co-op game player so as long as the single player side is not gated off and not blocked outside of maybe some pre-order stuff or storefront exclusive stuff I would be happy bout it.. But ya if the companys owning the IP's and G.O.Gs hints are to be believed from twitter and the stuff in articles when the newer Tomb Raider games showed up and awhile after if nothing had happened to change the ip owners.right holders minds and G.O.G is still willing to have them drm free honestly (which I can accept Multiplayer part of a game drmed but not the single player side )

I do kinda worry though that the IOI debacle with Hitman recently has harmed the chances of the newer Tomb Raider games and other games coming here though unless the holders are like '' hey still easy money we should still do it'' thought process

Edited for clarification I ain't bringing that debacle up to be a jerk or anything but the reason I did its a valid piont as the rights/ip holders of Tomb Raider games and others that shown interest prior might get cold feet and change thier minds from the bad press that resulted in despite prior a seemingly genuine interest in releasing drm-free versions here atleast in terms of single player part of the games
Post edited October 18, 2021 by BanditKeith2
BanditKeith2: I do kinda worry though that the IOI debacle with Hitman recently has harmed the chances of the newer Tomb Raider games and other games coming here though
Don't see why. The recent TR additions sold pretty well here, and Square Enix actually made TR DRM free rather than saying it was and not making it DRM free.
wolfsite: Checked and there are no Tomb Raider games on EGS so maybe they are getting ready for a release there and the update got sent to Steam by accident.

BanditKeith2: Ah thanks I was going to check later on Epic as I don't use it and well don't plan to as drm free is my way to go .. granted I will pick up games cheap on Steam if I doubt they'll show up on here or other drm-free sites till way later

Anyway I do believe the update to Steam was a mistake on the EGS Launcher needed logged into .. But I can see that as a sign EGS is about to have some Tomb Raider games pop up ..

I also don't care about multiplayer modes as I am a single player and couch co-op game player so as long as the single player side is not gated off and not blocked outside of maybe some pre-order stuff or storefront exclusive stuff I would be happy bout it.. But ya if the companys owning the IP's and G.O.Gs hints are to be believed from twitter and the stuff in articles when the newer Tomb Raider games showed up and awhile after if nothing had happened to change the ip owners.right holders minds and G.O.G is still willing to have them drm free honestly (which I can accept Multiplayer part of a game drmed but not the single player side )

I do kinda worry though that the IOI debacle with Hitman recently has harmed the chances of the newer Tomb Raider games and other games coming here though unless the holders are like '' hey still easy money we should still do it'' thought process

Edited for clarification I ain't bringing that debacle up to be a jerk or anything but the reason I did its a valid piont as the rights/ip holders of Tomb Raider games and others that shown interest prior might get cold feet and change thier minds from the bad press that resulted in despite prior a seemingly genuine interest in releasing drm-free versions here atleast in terms of single player part of the games
Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider have been part of a lot of flash sales on 3rd party stores for Steam keys recently so either something is going to happen (release on EGS or GOG) or Square is just trying to get as much money as they can from the games.

Considering that Square recently released 2013 Tomb Raider here it's probably only a matter of time for Rise and Shadow to pop up here as when asked on social media they merely teased people rather than denying it.
BanditKeith2: I do kinda worry though that the IOI debacle with Hitman recently has harmed the chances of the newer Tomb Raider games and other games coming here though
RoboPond: Don't see why. The recent TR additions sold pretty well here, and Square Enix actually made TR DRM free rather than saying it was and not making it DRM free.
True though bad press from the Hitman debacle can scare off companies as bad press despite what people say on''any press is good press'' is a lie as its only good for one side or the other.. Anyway my point is companies don't want to risk linked with currently bad in public views eyes .. so I am worried even of this fact.. But I do agree they should still put them on hear given how well they sold and was talked about that I agree with
RoboPond: Don't see why. The recent TR additions sold pretty well here, and Square Enix actually made TR DRM free rather than saying it was and not making it DRM free.
BanditKeith2: True though bad press from the Hitman debacle can scare off companies as bad press despite what people say on''any press is good press'' is a lie as its only good for one side or the other.. Anyway my point is companies don't want to risk linked with currently bad in public views eyes .. so I am worried even of this fact.. But I do agree they should still put them on hear given how well they sold and was talked about that I agree with
Unfortunately many companies have taken the "just stay quiet and get a big game out to re-direct attention" approach to any bad press these days, Ubi-soft is especially guilty of this for years.
BanditKeith2: Ah thanks I was going to check later on Epic as I don't use it and well don't plan to as drm free is my way to go .. granted I will pick up games cheap on Steam if I doubt they'll show up on here or other drm-free sites till way later

wolfsite: Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider have been part of a lot of flash sales on 3rd party stores for Steam keys recently so either something is going to happen (release on EGS or GOG) or Square is just trying to get as much money as they can from the games.

Considering that Square recently released 2013 Tomb Raider here it's probably only a matter of time for Rise and Shadow to pop up here as when asked on social media they merely teased people rather than denying it.
Agreed and it was even announced on Twiiter they was looking into getting the exclusive console stuff for the newer ones released on pc and on all storefronts if possible so thats something as I admit thats interesting and I am glad a company apparently is seeming to get exclusive content no be exclusive anymore even if its something small and minor I have to praise atleast trying to not have exclusive content or just making content timed exclusive sort and released later on as while one needs to wait its better then staying exclusive and well waiting also means that more bugs can be worked out before it shows up elsewhere

Side note I wasn't even aware any Tomb Raider had exclusive to console content till I seen that and well I atleast get why some pre-order content would be a thing in any game as to get more sales I love how it was aided to a later release some call it scummy but I call pre-order bonuses at least understandable if its for single player games and/or limited to the single player side of things .

Anyway back to the matter at hand I have heard chatter of ''Galactic Mining Corp'' devs looking to release thier game here and I do want that game to be here as it interests me as its a simple and fun seeming game .. besides I don't think many games similar to it are on here I can only think of like 4 tital games that share some aspects to it on here
BanditKeith2: True though bad press from the Hitman debacle can scare off companies as bad press despite what people say on''any press is good press'' is a lie as its only good for one side or the other.. Anyway my point is companies don't want to risk linked with currently bad in public views eyes .. so I am worried even of this fact.. But I do agree they should still put them on hear given how well they sold and was talked about that I agree with
wolfsite: Unfortunately many companies have taken the "just stay quiet and get a big game out to re-direct attention" approach to any bad press these days, Ubi-soft is especially guilty of this for years.
Eh thats not inherently bad or good depending on the context of why that approach is taken of '' "just stay quiet and get a big game out to re-direct attention" as sometimes the bad press is BS from people looking to complain for no reason and raise a stink for no reason.. where as other cases its bad from valid bad press being ignored..

Whatever the case I have heard rumors and rumblings of Days gone devs mentioning G.O.G and the makes of Horizan Zero dawn saying the second game is planned to later be released on PC and quite possible on G.O.G unsure if either are true claims as I rarely look into Twitter and Discord related stuff on games nor do I use Twitter but I do every once and awhile check in on some stuff from Twitter stuff landing in my feed or linked and Discord never reall use it for anything other then chatting
Mjauv: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/denuvo-removed-from-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/

Denuvo has been removed from the second and third parts of the Tomb Raider reboot. Maybe we'll have a juicy surprise soon?
iirc GOG hinted at this in the L.A.U. release post. So probably "soon"-ish. I fully expect any multiplayer to be gutted but that's par the course and doesn't bother me personally.
New company in the catalog: Curious Fate for Absolute Tactics
Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy puts a modern spin on classic tactics-style games. Featuring a diverse cast of characters, enormous boss monsters, and a dark world embroiled in war, Absolute Tactics plunges players right into the action as our hero Huxley and his dog Max build their team of allies to defend their home against a mysterious invading army.

Control your units and make use of their unique traits to dominate your enemies with masterful strategies that take advantage of unit placement, varied attack patterns, and skills that are as unique as each character. Furthermore, players will be equipped with an extensive class customization system, including the option to dual-class - resulting in deeper synergies and nearly endless combinations to push back the opposition.

Features:

Dozens of narrative story maps, optional maps, additional post-game content and horde modes!
Three levels of difficulty, plus an additional hardcore mode unlocked after completion - challenge yourself over and over again.
Shaking up the SRPG experience with diverse gameplay, including large-scale War levels (with dozens of units on the battlefield simultaneously), environmental verticality, puzzle elements and traps!
Accessible, class-based gameplay for the casual player combined with deep customization and mastery for serious tactics fans.
21 individual classes plus the ability to dual class allows for almost endless combinations.
Unlock upgrades, collect loot, complete quests and meet a cast of colorful characters on your quest for glory.
A vast array of deadly enemies, traps, puzzles, and horrors await you on your adventure.
high rated
New entries in the catalog:

The Thompson Twins Eric & Kyle for Sheepo and its soundtrack, a platformer + exploration game.

One Up Plus => a couple which has released DungeonTop so far:
Spellsword Cards: DungeonTop is a roguelike deckbuilder, bringing table top miniatures to the deck building genre in a way that could be played over and over again without getting old.

Combat takes place on a series of 4x4 to 10x4 grids, with all the familiar adventuring, card upgrading, deck trimming and of course life preserving roguelike aspects that players of our previous titles have come to expect.

Main Features

Roguelike permadeath deck-builder played in runs of 90 minutes (full length)
2 classes x 2 allegiances = 4 decks
300+ player cards
50+ encounters in a procedurally generated dungeon
5 boards representing different areas ranging from 4x4 to 10x4 tiles
Post edited October 19, 2021 by The-Business
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Anomaly Games => The Fermi Paradox:
The Fermi Paradox is a galactic, choice-driven narrative strategy game in which your decisions in one corner of the galaxy can upend entire civilizations in another. Guide alien species through millennia, help them explore the vastness of space, learn their own shortcomings and, ultimately… make contact

Galactic God game: Play as galactic gardener rather than a single faction, guiding up to 10 civilizations simultaneously
Choice-driven gameplay: Every event presents three choices that change the course of history – every decision matters, and consequences ripple across millennia
Many unique alien species: From nightmarish deep sea creatures to graceful sapient plant-beings, there are even strange hairless mammals called Humans
400 different civilization-development events: Each event tells its own story and provides new choices that impact the story of that civilization – be it apocalyptic floods, sexual revolutions or conscious interstellar warships
Distinctive societies within starships and colonies: Life on a generation ship or on an unknown planet poses different challenges and special narrative events

Play again and again: Each play-through tells a different story and has its own ending. Will the people of that galaxy unite? Will they wipe out one another in a galactic war? Or will they perish, still alone, never really knowing that other alien life forms existed?
MAGES. => visual novels
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:

[....]

MAGES. => visual novels
Stein's Gate would be awesome.
The-Business: MAGES. => visual novels
Probably for Corpse Party (2021)