It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't see much appeal to release of HITMAN 2016 considering all the levels there were remastered in HITMAN 2 (grass to hide in, AI seeing you in mirrors, briefcases etc) and now HITMAN 3 is consider the final "ultimate" package for the "world of assassination" trilogy, would have made more sense releasing that with the option to buy the previous games (DLC) and have all 3 games together.

I guess they are planning to release all 3 games here separately (slowly), personally as a Hitman fan (I already own HITMAN1&2 on steam, waiting on 3) going back to an old version is not appealing at all, even if its DRM-Free.

I am interested to see what they have done to the online elements, maybe they finally have an offline progression?

I am happy IOI is supporting GOG but I have a feeling some users here will absolutely hate the online requirement and consider it a form of DRM, personally I don't mind having to create an online profile to play online stuff as long as an offline progression (for preservation purposes) exists.
Sounds like a bunch of Sekai Project games are bound to hit GOG soon. Looking forward to all the "anything-anime-is-weeb-pedo-shit" aneurysms people are going to have. ;)
I think to play the Hitman (2016) levels remastered in the Hitman 2 engine you have to own both games. You can't just play them remastered in the Hitman 2 engine without already owning the first game as well.

I could be wrong about that though.
Majnun: I think to play the Hitman (2016) levels remastered in the Hitman 2 engine you have to own both games. You can't just play them remastered in the Hitman 2 engine without already owning the first game as well.

I could be wrong about that though.
Not necessarily, You can buy HITMAN2 and then buy a DLC called "legacy pass" which will give you access to the levels of 2016, no need to own the game itself, however if you do own it steam will give you free access to the levels without the need to purchase them again.

Same for HITMAN3, there are DLC packs called "Access Pass 1/2" which will give you the levels of 2016 and H2 respectively, without having to own them.

Which is why I believe it would be preferable for them to wait until the Epic exclusivity ends and release HITMAN3 on GOG (and steam) with DLC options for access to past levels, alongside maybe a complete edition. Less hassle for them and a bit easier for users to understand.

Otherwise we'll end up with something like this

HITMAN 2016 GOTY (INCLUDES PATIENT ZERO DLC)

HITMAN 2
HITMAN 2 LEGACY ACCESS PASS (HITMAN2016GOTY LEVELS)
HITMAN 2 LEGACY ACCESS PASS (PATIENT ZERO ONLY) - users who only own the vanilla non-goty version.
HITMAN 2 EXPANSION 1
HITMAN 2 EXPANSION 2
HITMAN 2 SILVER (MAIN GAME + EXPANSION1)
HITMAN 2 GOLD (MAIN GAME + EXPANSION1&2)

HITMAN 3
HITMAN 3 DELUXE (BONUS STUFF)
HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS 1 (HITMAN2016GOTY LEVELS)
HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS 2 (HITMAN2 LEVELS ONLY)
HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS 2 (HITMAN2 LEVELS+EXPANSIONS)
HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS 2 (EXPANSIONS ONLY) - users who only own the vanilla hitman 2
HITMAN 3 SEVEN DEADLY SINS DLC

HITMAN has one of the most confusing release models out there....
Post edited August 11, 2021 by SCAgent
high rated
Eastward is coming to GOG on September 16:
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/eastward-launches-september-16

And Warp Frontier is coming to GOG:
https://www.twitter.com/brawsome/status/1423031045767589892
Any word on Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon coming to GOG?
wolfsite: Hitman 2016 will be an amazing release or a controversial release depending on the amount of content available or amount or changes made to remove online requirements.
Yeah, judging from that blog post, IOI will need to do some tweaking for it to work without an internet connection (not being able to unlock weapons and gadgets would be a serious dealbreaker for me).
IOI released their latest Hitman games in the most messed up way I've ever seen in a video game. Between DLC, special editions, online requirements, and time-based contracts that disappear forever, it's pretty much a constant insult to buyers who don't want to waste months figuring out how to buy the full game.

That's why I hope GOG monitors carefully that all the content is present, because if it'll be the usual chopped up and incomplete game IOI would deserve a good shitstorm.
If they unlocked all the contracts it will be a good release. Part of the fun of the game is those limited time contracts and unlocking the stuff. (the campaign is really fun too)
New company in the catalog: Qoobrand - the visual novel database lists only the Majo Koi Nikki series
SCPM: Also for Thrillville: Off the Rails, a Frontier Developments game.
https://www.gog.com/forum/thrillviller_off_the_rails
SLP2000: On Steam it's published by LucasArts, interesting.
Meaning the rights belong to Disney. So much for seeing anything from Frontier themselves. They certainly didn't bother bringing RCT3 back to GOG since its return to Steam and Epic almost a year ago.
high rated
Severance: Blade of Darkness is coming back to GOG in October:
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/08/brutal-fantasy-action-adventure-blade-of-darkness-gets-an-updated-re-release-on-pc-this-october/

And Tinytopia is coming to GOG on August 30th:
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/386703/Charming_Toy_Citybuilder_Tinytopia_Launches_August_30_for_Windows_PC_Mac__Linux.php
Post edited August 13, 2021 by SCPM
SCPM: Severance: Blade of Darkess is coming back to GOG in October:
F*ck, yes!!! They even got the source code! It`s time for massacre!
I wonder, how much will be remastered/remade. If they put as much work into it as the team behind Shadow Man Remastered, it will be excellent.
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Glitch Factory => likely No Place For Bravery:

No Place for Bravery is a 2D top-down action RPG which weaves together high-quality visuals, a stirring soundtrack and intense combat moments into a deep and affecting tale of moral dilemmas and personal reflection of choices. YOUR choices.

Features

Brutal sekiro-esque 2D combat
Not about heroes
Based on real life stories
Feeling of mediocrity
Always visual
T19 Games for Dread Templar (previously as "Hell Hunt" on itch, demo available).

Dread Templar is a fast-paced first-person shooter that combines elements from both modern retro shooters and classics from the 90s. You are a Dread Templar seeking his revenge deep in the evil realm. Explore the levels and solve puzzles to find hidden weapons and upgrades. Face hordes of demons and bloodthirsty fiends using ninja equipment, firearms, and infernal weapons that will make YOU the scariest thing in hell. Gain Dread Powers and customize your skills according to your playstyle, as they will help you in your battle against the dark forces.

Features:

Dread Templar uses elements from both modern retro FPS and classic shooters such as fast-paced gameplay, dashing, headshots and bullet time so you can enjoy the old-school shooting games in a modern way!
Customize your weapon skills to fit your own playstyle and fight against the demon hordes.
More than 10 types of weapons in the game including katana swords, firearms and infernal guns!
Explore side areas and secret places, solve interesting puzzles and get rewards.

Handmade retro art style - all elements in the game including weapons, demons, and levels are done in a retro pixel art style reminiscent of the 90s shooters.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by The-Business
!!!